2017-12-21 11:12:34

Hello Vga and welcome.

this is certainly the right place to come, both for access tips, and to  find people up for playing your games, since as you might gather, we sort of like games around here big_smile.

Actually nice to know there is a subreddit  about  vi accessible gaming, I'd not heard that, we probably should   have a link to them somewhere on the main site.

I'll look forward to finding out what kinds of games you make and how to help with access, indeed you'll likely find a lot of enthusiastic players around here too.

Any questions, check the site and forum faq in general game discussion, or just ask.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-22 01:08:51

Happy gaming,

I found these forums when researching A Hero's Call, and I figured I get in on the conversation.

In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield.
Warren Buffett

Thumbs up

2017-12-22 04:43:39

Welcome Eric, this is certainly the place to chat about A hero's call and lots of other games so hope you have fun here.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-23 10:19:34

Hi.
I'm Mikko. A blind gaming fanatic from Finland...I'm a braille reader but have some sight for seeing shadows and shapes, or something like that smile...I play mostly Playstation games, enjoy PSVR and also the great sound design of many new games I play with my friends (or my friends play and I watch)...

We started a new company (MyTrueSound) for making audio games for the blind...That's quite much why I'm here..Also to find and connect with similar people to me.

All the best to everybody!

-- Mikko

Thumbs up

2017-12-23 14:26:19

Hi Mikko.
Well there are certainly enough people around. I'm very much in the same position since I play mainstream games with simpler graphics (mostly from the 16 bit era), but also play audiogames and the like.

We  We look forward to trying out any games you come up with, and hope you enjoy trying out what's available.

2017-12-23 22:45:49

Hi,

I am legally blind, meaning that I cannot use my eyes to do daily tasks although I can see a bit of lighting contrasts. I used to see more when I was younger, I've wasted a year of my life playing League of Legends (over 3500 games played in that year), stopped playing because I couldn't see well enough but I would've played probably forever, never getting bored of that game. But with retrospection, it was probably a good thing in the end, because I was wasting too much time on that addictive triple A title.

I am from a small town in Québec, Canada. My mother tongue is French although I can interact fluently in English. I'll be getting my bachelor's degree in computer engineering next year. I have done several internships though the most relevant for this forum would be the one I had at Ubisoft Québec as a developper in the engine team. I use a JAWS screen reader and currently have 4.3/4.3 GPA at university. I'm not saying this to brag, I just want to say that blind people can rock too. Decide on what you want to do then find the way to do it, it's like that, not the other way around. Yes it's gonna be tougher, but just jump in, don't be scared.

My first contact with programming was when I started to create maps for Starcraft and Warcraft, spending actually more time on creating them than playing. As I said, I stopped playing when I couldn't see enough, going more on the programming side although I am not aiming a career in the video games industry for now. I've only restarted looking at playing games a few months back, when I discovered this forum. I was surprised by the quality of some games and I like to stay informed about the ongoing accessibility game development. I am quite hyped by Heroes' Call and Echoes from Leviah.

And finally, why am I creating an account ? I was ok as a guest, reading the news and I don't think I'll be posting much, but I've created an account to participate in this Christmas contest to try to get a custom title haha.

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another. ― Lemony Snicket

Thumbs up

2017-12-24 11:51:30

Hi,
I'm completely blind, so I can't see anything. I am from Germany and go to a Boarding School there and I am 17. I got blind 2 years ago and before this I played many RPGs and fighting games. One year ago I discovered the audiogames comunity and was quite happy that there are so many games for the blind too. I just want to Register myself here to participate in the Forum and ask questions if I Need to. I hope my english is not too bad, I am not a native Speaker.
Greetings,
Ciri

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

Thumbs up

2017-12-24 14:02:56

@Origine welcom, yep it's an exciting time for audiogames at the moment, indeed keeping up with the news etc is rather a task at the moment lol.
I'm also glad you like the Christmas title contest. it was a random idea I came up with, since  we've never had a contest before, but I thought it'd be fun.
I didn't want to just  do a lottery or something like that, and when talking it over with my lady she suggested something creative, hence the idea, (plus it saves people from more of my terrible puns).
We've had some good ones so far, but the more the merrier, though it'll make judging them interesting.

@Ciri, hope you have fun. I will say the forum has changed a lot since I registere 12 years ago, back in the days when one release a month was good goin.
Wow, that makes me feel old big_smile.

2017-12-28 09:15:45

I usually just play audio games when I'm bored sometimes as well as a few other things. I haven't registered before but I read this forum occasionally when people send me links to games or posts they think I might be interested in. So I'm just now getting off my ass and registering. Thank you for not considering me a bot.

Thumbs up

2017-12-28 14:16:57

Well since most bots are! asses, or programmed by asses, logically you could not both be a bot and get off a bot at the same time, a state of affairs whether we consider "ass" to mean Donkey, foolish person or indeed the bottom.

To expand, a donkey sitting upon another donkey would be causing the first donkey a lot of pain, and while bots are of course a pain in the ass, they cannot both be a pain in the ass and cause a pain in the ass since I think  that breaks causality.

If  we take the second case and we assume "ass" to mean fool, then it does seem logically possible for a fool  sit on another fool.  since spambots are however intended to take in fools, we would have a situation where something which was itself a fool was trying to take in another fool, which seems to cause an infinite regression and lead to some sort of fool event horizon, which again results in universal destruction.

Finally, if we take the third meaning of "ass" and assume it to mean a person's bottom, then it is quite plane that a bottom cannot be on top of another bottom, since whatever is on top would logically cease to be a bottom, and therefore not an ass, and we are quite aware as I stated earlier that all spambots are asses.

So it is not logically possible for you to be a spambot!

Welcome to the forum, hope you have fun, and methinks I've been awake rather too long big_smile.

2017-12-29 16:57:46

hello everyone. i am mehdi, and i live in iraq, baghdad. i love audio gaming, and enjoy playing games. i fownd this forum when i was browsing. i didn't know about the forum, so i have been talld buy my friends about it. thanks

Thumbs up

2017-12-29 17:39:39

Hi!

My name is Samy, and I was introduced to this forum by my cousin. I am interested in programming, and would like to participate in programming audiogames via the means of this forum.

Thanks for listening.

Thumbs up

2017-12-29 20:22:28

@Samy, welcome to the forum, we look forward to playing any audiogames you come up with and hopefully giving some useful feedback. We also hope you enjoy playing the games that are already available.

@Mehdi, Greetings and welcome. if  love audiogames, this is definitely the right place to be, and your certainly not our first member from Iraq either.

Hope you have fun.

2017-12-30 14:54:37

hi. i am mehdi. i
lost my account, so i created this one. thanks

Thumbs up

2017-12-30 22:07:04

Hi everyone,

My name is Ann. I am getting back in to gaming after being mostly absent for a while. I had a wealth of games on my old windows 98/XP computer back in the day ... Shades of Doom, all Jim Kitchens games, all the ESP Pinball games, etc. I'm currently in the process of re-installing as many of those as possible on my Windows10 machine.

And, just yesterday, I discovered this wonderful totally new game called A Hero's call! WOW!!!

Anyhow, before I ramble on, I'm looking forward to being a part of this site and learning about any new games,and of course, for me, new could mean anything released in the last three or more years. smile

Happy New year everybody.

Thumbs up

2017-12-31 10:49:01

@Ann, welcome back to audiogaming.
There is a lot around, so you should be busy for a long time, also  the vast majority of the xp games will play fine on Windows 10 too (I think the bsc titles are the only ones that have major issues), so you should find a lot of things to play.

@Mehdi, there is no need to create extra accounts, just tell me what is the problem with your Mehdi account and we can get it fixed, indeed if it's just a forgotten password the forum will help you with that on it's own (there is a "forgot password link" at login.

2018-01-01 11:30:14

Sooo I've lurked on this forum for a few months now and decided to join due to the prompting of a user that found my blog through a post on A Hero's Call.  I've been looking forward to the game and have been playing it like crazy all weekend smile  I have to get used to RPGs again because I haven't played any since my sight was waaay better, probably about 15 years ago so yeah...rusty at the genre but tons of fun!

I'm an avid gamer, but haven't played more than those old text based games that used to come packaged on braille notes back in the day.  I'm really interested in dipping into playing more audio based games, and right now started playing A Hero's Call and Tactical Battle.  I'm pretty much 100 percent a nerd:  I have a blog, where I talk about all things nerdy, and a YouTube Channel, where I cover video game music, and write my own original video game inspired music as well! I've dabbled in some renpy code for VN making, but would love to learn how to develop audio games...after I learn more about coding lol, I'm such a coding noob!

But yeah, that's me in a nutshell!  Can't wait to talk to more of you peeps smile

If you're interested, here are links to my blog and YouTube:
https://theblindnerdblog.wordpress.com/
https://www.youtube.com/CrystalDennisMusic

Thumbs up +1

2018-01-01 11:54:57

Hi Crystal D and welcome.

this is scertainly the right place to do all things audiogaming, hero's call  included (though I've not been able to buy it yet myself). 

If looking for games, remember the database on front of site  and feel free to ask for questions and recommendations, other than that, happy new year and have fun.

2018-01-04 17:48:32

Hi all, i see this topic after few months. I maded my accound in 2016.
I'm newbie developer, i have page and i like programming not advanced programs.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-01-05 04:23:51

Hello everyone,
My name is Shelby Craig and I am a new user. While I have not actually posted anything, I always enjoy reading about new releases of audiogames and the latest news. I hope to get the chance to interact with other audiogame enthusiasts.

Thumbs up

2018-01-05 13:51:12

Hello everyone, My name is Renita Rogers.  I am new to this forum.  However, I have  been enjoying the general games discussions and new releases room topics.  I have not been a gamer for long, but I would like to become a gamer.  I am interested to see if I can use mainstream systems, such as the Xbox.  I have grown up thinking these gaming systems like the PlayStation and Game boy were not an option for me.  I hope to be added to your list soon  I am looking forward to getting to know other blind players.

Thumbs up

2018-01-06 19:36:21

Hello. my name is Alexander, I live in Russia. a few months ago, I lost my sight and, accordingly, access to computer games. I found this community and would like to be part of it.

Thumbs up

2018-01-07 02:53:30

Hello Shelby, Eric and redvelvet.

your all extremely welcome, and hopefully you'll find this community a fun place to be, as well as discover many great games. There is certainly a lot of choice out there, and with more games on the bway that choice is only going to get larger.
Sorry to shelby that this paproval took a little longer than expected, it's been a busy few days.
Your all very l

2018-01-12 07:39:41

Hi guys. This is Garrett from Punchback Studios, you may know me as shotgunshell for my personal account on here. I've registered this account because I feel that I should separate my personal posts from the professional work I do. If anyone wants to know more about me, I am a website and part time gamebook developer, as well as a radio show host. I am currently working on a gamebook with an unknown release date, based off of an Adventure at C: stage made by Chris.

Punchback Studios. When you get punched, we punch back.
Follow Us On Twitter
Follow And Like Our Facebook Page
Join Our Skype Group

Thumbs up

2018-01-12 08:18:32

hello i am mohammed and i like online audio games like tk and stw

Thumbs up