2017-08-11 15:55:30

Hahaha I agree. It's part of what makes the game so fun.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-08-11 19:29:19

I need to try this out with the NVDA OCR that's now built-into NVDA. But have been really enjoying the yu-gi-oh mud.

2017-08-13 01:11:36

alright, so doing a bit of digging found me this, and I've found that this works.
so if you want to reset in order to unlock all the cards again, do this. 
go into program files and Steam-> userdata-> "your user id" ->"app id of your yugioh game"-> remote-> savegame.dat

You can find the app id of your game in the steam_appid textfile, located under: Steam\steamapps\common\Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist
just delete the savedata, and you'll be all set.
naturally all dlc will still be there as it has nothing to do with your save. smile
also, I hope the battle city map doesn't appear often, it's a bit annoying having to press y on every single card to get better info.
doable, but annoying.
Now I'll be off, have to get my revenge on Mako tsunami

2017-08-14 23:36:21

alright this has to be exclaimed again, this game is even more fun to play than before!  the OCR is so, so much quicker with this new windows ten functionality.
I didn't even know win ten had OCR.
Now I'm really curious what other games and uses this can be put to.

2017-08-30 14:42:04

Hi,

Does that recording on how to play still exist somewhere? If not, is there a write-up of where all the locations on the screen are and such?
Going through some of the tutorial chapters to see if my resolution can handle it the way I have set so far and I'm only seeing summon for monsters, not set. Is this becausse of the tutorial justn ot giving you that option yet, or?

Zersiax

2017-08-30 15:28:17

Tutorial doesn't really give you the option, and set is usually the second option after you press A on the card. If there are it goes summon in attack/activate, set, and details is the third.

2017-08-30 15:36:13

And the way I understand it, the layout is :

bottom row = hand, to its right deck, then monsters above that with the graveyard to its right?
Also, the left to right arrows wrap, don't they?
Finally, the phase menu is opened with escape, and is a horizontal menu?

Zersiax

2017-08-30 16:58:46

That's right.  Sometimes I find the graveyard, a bit of hunting around while pressing why does the trick .  The only places I can never find reliably are the field card zones, which is a bit of a pain at times.
As far as I can tell, the only cards that cannot be used reliably, are ones that rely on dice.
I'm currently attempting to create a grave keeper and vamp  set.    .

2017-08-30 17:02:09

Fieldl is usually same row as graveyard I believe.

2017-10-27 23:32:00

So coming back to this after a super long time, but my OCR is reading nothing. Anyone else having this problem?

2017-10-28 17:36:45

I'm currently using the OCR from win10 and its great. didn't use cloud or anything else for a long time.

2017-10-28 18:03:50

Ugh I wonder what my problem is then. I literally just erased 200 hours of playtime with no luck. I'm not sure wtf I did to mess it up.

2017-10-28 18:06:40

ah damn. not sure really. I never had any problems with it at all

2017-10-28 18:43:06

Wondering if I like did something to the screen? It works with other games on steam.

2017-12-23 16:18:46

Hey guys, i just have a few quick questions about this game, if someone could help, would appreciate it. So, firstly, in a dual, how can i figure out what move my opponent is making? Is there a battle log, or is it just supposed to show up on screen after the turn? Secondly, is holding y to show more details on a card still the default key, as i don't hear a sound when i do this, should a card be selected first before i press y? I'll come back with more if i can think of anything, thanks for any help. Perhaps also, it might be helpful if any of you could post a recording on how you play and provide explination of how you play along the way, because i'm sure this is one of those games, once you get the hang of things, everything flows smoothly.

2017-12-23 16:33:27

As far as I'm aware there is no battle log. Also if you hold y and there's no sound that means there's a card you're able to hold y on. If you hold y and there's a sound there's either no card or the card's face down.

2017-12-23 16:54:05

Thank you, that helps. So, i'm on the second dual in the story against Kyba. Should i use the default story deck, or should i use the extra deck? How do i select the extra deck if so? I'm assuming i'll want to create my own deck at some point to make the story duals easier from what i have read, thanks.

2017-12-23 17:21:21

Probably the default deck for a while until you get enough cards to make your own deck. As to how to get to that deck just go down once when it asks you and press a and it'll give you a list of your decks/recipes.

2017-12-24 00:40:56

Thanks for the help. The only thing i haven't figured out is figuring out what the computer is doing while making a turn. I was able to see only while i did OCR during the sound effects after my turn, did i figure out one of my opponent's trap cards. Is there a more relyable way of doing this? Also, how are most decks navigated through? While using up and down arrows, sometimes it looks like i see one spell card in two different places, or i might  have clicked on the end phaise option instead. It's kind of hard to explain, but i'm just trying to figure out the fastest way to play with the least amount of guess work. I still think a recording might be helpful, like i said before, once i get the hang of this, i'll be fine. Thanks.

2017-12-24 01:19:57 (edited by death 2017-12-24 01:20:28)

I probably should just do a recording tbh. I just accidentally keep deleting them from my Dropbox lolz. Gimme a few days at the most.

2017-12-24 01:24:24

Man, that would be really helpful. If you don't feel like recording something, i think an artecle might be helpful as well. If i figure it out before you get something posted, i'll write one up.

2017-12-27 05:02:37

Hey guys. Just a quick update, got things figured out after a couple of days. Making my way through the story pretty quickly. The only thing i'm trying to figure out is how to add cards to the deck recipes already in the game. I kind of want to make a blue-eyes deck, and of course the exodia deck. I like fusion decks as well. Any tips for navigating the decks and adding cards? Thanks, loving this game very much.

2017-12-27 05:29:43

You get I believe 32 decks. when you choose a deck, you start on the deck. You press two to go to your trunk. You press s, then right arrow, that'll take you to a search field where you can search for whatever you're looking for. After you search I think you press left arrow to go to the results after you press enter. then you hold y and OCR to see what card it is. If you want to choose I think you press a, and then left arrow? Either left or right to take it to the deck, the other way to move it back to the trunk. To go back from your trunk to your deck, just press tab once. Also I think to move to your side deck you press... down? Man there's so much I don't remember it's been so long since I've played.

2017-12-28 18:46:59

You're right, press right to get to the deck, and down to the side.  extra deck cards go in the extra deck automatically, no silliness with that. smile

2017-12-28 19:08:33

Appreciate the confirmation. I really should get back into this game.