2017-12-21 00:14:43

Since I don't consider my iPhone an appropriate platform for entertainment, I decided to get an iPad Mini 4.

Unfortunately, when I search the app store for the audio games I know of from here and AppleVis, very few of them show up as if they will only work on an iPhone or iPod Touch.

So, can anyone recommend some accessible games that are playable on an iPad?

Thanks!

2017-12-21 03:17:16

moast of the Choice of Games things are available. I also do a lot of Godville on there. HeroZero used to be partially accessible but that was ruined a few months ago. Triviacrack sort of works but you'll have to do a lot of extra work to do the major things like cards, though the basic trivia game works fine.

The blindfold games also work. I got blindfold racer, but I hate the darn narrator/voice actor in it. I know the game is for all ages, but they could've done better for getting eaten by the troll than the basic voice actor going "mwa mwa mwa your car is taishty." and they have to remind you constantly of the rules, as if missing something was you forgetting the rules rather than making a mistake.

That's about all I got for theiPad but choice of Games games, Godville, and some learning thing I do Called Curious are mostly what I do. I actually like the iPad version of the Godville App better than the phone one.

2017-12-21 10:23:10

Hi. I also recommand king of dragon pass. Is fun and addictive. I play it on ipad so I find very easy finding all the stuff cause all menu items are present on the screen. Krafting kingdom is also good. If you like medieval strategy games, try lords and knights.
Best regards.

2017-12-21 11:05:41

You can get the iPhone only apps displayed on the iPad app store too. Apple just hides them by default because they visually don't look as good or have a more iPad friendly layout. It's been a while since I used my iPad, but if you do a search in the app store you should see a button at the top of the search results screen that'll say something like "iPad only". Press it, and switch to "iPhone only" and you should see the games you want pop up.
Also worth noting that if you follow a link to an app that wasn't optimised for iPad, IE from Applevis, it'll open the app store to that app just fine. So that's another way you can do this.

<Insert passage from "The Book Of Chrome" here>

2017-12-21 11:50:36

Thanks everyone! That will give me a good starting point. I also discovered that all the Blindfold games are available, but first you have to install the Blindfold games app.

I saw that iPad only button and tried it and decided not to attempt using apps not optimized for the iPad until I'm more familiar with it. I'm finding out that it isn't just an iPhone on steroids.

2017-12-21 17:50:18

I forgot Crafting Kingdom because I haven't played it in a while, but it is good and solid though there is some navigation issues some are having with thhe update that came out recently, but that'll get fixed because the Developer really really cares about accessibility.

Also, Word War and it's spin-off reskinned version, Battlecats is okay if you like word searches (I do not but I did give it a try and it's a fun game. for what it is) from the new developer APP a11Y which is trying to make interesting games that both sighted and blind players will enjoy. But the thing is a competitive wordsearch game that has you playing against the clock, or often other real people.

I don't like PVP much so although it is quite good, I don't play Lords and Knights. You can also get a lot of good fantasy fun out of the Adventure to Fate series, though it was a little wonky and odd last time I tried to play it on my Ipad.

You've also got Treacherous Trail. It's a cute, randomized and very short adventure game that you can finish in 20 minutes or so though it changes a bit each time you play. The developer works with accessibility and isn't done adding more fun stuff to do to it.

2017-12-22 22:15:31

I discovered that A Dark Room and The Ensign are both available for the iPad, and the developer lowered their prices from $2.99 to $1.99. Got them both.

2017-12-23 04:59:50

You might also want to check out Blackbox. It might only be available as an iPhone app. It turns your device into a series of puzzles. I haven't played it in a little while but it's very challenging.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-12-23 10:51:51

Hi.
I will highly recommend the audiogame A Blind Legend, but I don't know how easy it would be to play on an iPad.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-23 12:29:35

I already looked for Black Box because I've heard a lot of good about it, but it's only for the iPhone and I'm not yet ready to try iPhone apps on the iPad.

With the games recommended here and the two games I've already purchased, I'll hold off on A Blind Legend for now, but would still be interested in hearing further recommendations.

Thanks!