2017-12-23 06:38:40

My story is like some of yours. I could never play the games that held my interest whenever my family played them, such as Kingdom Hearts, but Mum and I would often spend time together while she played, and explored, and had fun. There were some games she didn't particularly enjoy and she didn't like turn-based combat, so some of the games we got were not ones we got very far with, much as I wish we had. I always loved the quality of sounds, the voice-acting, the music, the storylines, the characters, the powers the player had to work with. They called to me, and I wished I could follow on my own, but alas.
One of my planned novel series will, I hope, someday be a game of the kind I remember, with voice-acting and sounds and music to match that of Kingdom Hearts, that can be played and enjoyed by blind and sighted alike. This game gives me more hope for the game I hope my Sisterlands series will become. It is just the kind of game I was hoping existed when I first joined this forum, and I am deeply honoured to be witnessing history. smile

2017-12-23 06:55:20

@The Imaginatrix,

I forgot Kingdom Hearts... Wow. That was one of the games my family played as well. I too feel as though we are witnessing the making of history.

Happy gaming,
Eric

In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield.
Warren Buffett

2017-12-23 07:19:29

Eric, I'm a fantasy author. And I play Mortal Kombat and Injustice which is reFor repetitive.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.
Discord: CritterPup
RPG Discord Server: https://discord.gg/QQcHS3Gk

2017-12-23 08:09:24

Hi, I've been following this topic closely as well, and I would first like to say that I too am looking forward to the release of this game.
As for my story, I actually started playing mario on the regular Nintendo, although I couldn't beat any level other then the first level. But I used to love chilling with my sisters as they played and I even helped them get farther in the game. We then got Mario 3, which was quite an awesome game, which I used to play with my sisters, and friends at this point. After playing those games, I got a Sega Genesis from a friend of mine which I used to play Mortal Kombats 1 through ultimate mortal Kombat 3. I had a few other games as well that I used to play but at that point playstation had already been out for a good 5 years or so, and I really wanted one. Before I could even get one of those though, a friend gave me a Sega Saturn which I had 2 games for, Mortal Kombat trilogy and Enemy 0. Enemy 0 was a cool game but I really didn't get to try it out cause I was a kid and that game was super scary and none of my friends wanted to help me play it. Finally, I got a playstation and of course I had mortal Kombat Trilogy for that as well, but my sister, somehow, got her hands on final fantasy 7. I remember when she first started playing it I had no clue about anything that was going on on the game, and she stopped playing it after dying horribly to the first boss. Well, my friends and I were board one day having pretty much played out all the fighting games and WWF Warzone and decided to give it a try and after the initial cutsceenes which my friends were nice enough to read to me, we were hooked. After that day I Did everything I could to figure out and memorize all the menus so I could do fights in 7, it got to the point where when my friends would leave at night, I would have them buy 99 tents, have them stick me on an island on the world map, and I would go to town leveling our characters, their materia, and limit breaks. After that game, I've been pretty much obsessed wit rpgs of all kinds, but I definitely have to say that mainstream beats all other, or at least mainstream to the point of development on a console by a company and have either good storyline or voice acting. I now at this point in my life not only played and beaten ff7 multiple times, but 9, 10, and on final fantasy 11 I have I believe 6 level 99 jobs with my main and favorite job being blue mage. I also played 12, but me and my friend never beat it but it was still fun, and the combat was real time which is fun, and doing quickenings were also quite fun.
What I'm looking forward too the most, honestly, is when the graphics portion of this game gets released, because I will be playing this game with my friends who love rpgs and we will be all able to enjoy the game equally. I hope you guys enjoy my story as I don't post on here very much although I watch topics like these with great interest.

2017-12-23 08:48:30

I completed final fantasy 1 through 7. loved them. 6 and 7 gave me headaches though because of the way the graphics worked and after that I quit. I bought 8 but just couldn't play it on my own.

always loved those kinds of games though. first one I think I ever played was phantasy star on the sega master system.

my favourite, after ff5 which is just the greatest game ever was called legend of legaia. very convoluted plot and very Japanese style but that thing was amazing. it's one i'll bet not many people played.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-12-23 09:09:23

Joseph, I didn't think to say this until now, but I'd like to say this on behalf of the community: As anxious as we all are about the game's release, please enjoy your Christmas. You and the team deserve it. So on behalf of the entire community, please wish the team, and we wish you, a Merry ⠠⠡⠗⠊⠌⠍⠁⠎⠲

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-12-23 09:28:55

I have no idea when live stream is starting yet. Will report back when I know. I imagine I'll probably throw a topic in general as well along with posting it in as many places as humanly possible. Less than a week to go! Wooo! Excited!

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2017-12-23 12:42:37 (edited by Muhammad Hajjar 2017-12-23 12:44:32)

Liam, could you share that also with aliens? So it doesn't be limited only to the scope of human tongue wish you a good luck with the stream.
Ok, honestly, I never mind being blind, and I'm pretty happy in my life. But the only thing that actually frustrates me in my blindness is (games). Yeah games, gaming is certainly on the top of my what entertains me in life. I was growing up seeing my brother and the comunity play various types of  impressive games, and was wishing I could play them and unfortunately never managed to do so thanks to my blindness. The only thing that sticks me to playstation and similar things of consoles are fighting games, which I almost have had enough of. The first RPG I've played (or kinda played) is Dark Cloud, which I've loved so much. I was watching my brother playing it and somehow was trying to play it but failed. Also I've tried playing Digimon World Data Squad on ps2 but heck, totally inaccessible, and I couldn't let my brother play it since he doesn't love turn based combat. I was always a fan of RPG's, and also horror and adventure games but playing such things for me was nothing but a dream. But seeing devs make audio games that are close to the quality we all know of those mainstream games is something that I do really appreciate as a blind gamer. So that's why I'm always a supporter of devs who make valuable games for us, and always a formidable opponent to games piracy and those who crack games. I've never seen an audio game has the quality of AHC before, so thanks guys, and I very much look forward to playing it.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-12-23 13:10:15 (edited by Honk 2017-12-23 13:15:45)

Thanks for sharing the interview download. Just listened to it and it sounds quite promising. Funny enough Joseph perfectly describes that one wish I had in my gamer life eversince I went blind.
I used to be more or less sighted and thus I know the Quality Level games can reach. So I always feel a bit disapointed when I Play Audio games. Don't get me wrong, I can imagine how hard it is to make a good and fun game without a big Team, lots of time and even more Money. But nevertheless there is a desire deep inside me no Audio game ever could satisfy.
I wholeheartedly hope and believe that AHC could scratch that itch, even though it can't possibly live up to the expectations we all might have.

[Edit]:
Man, I always thought to be alone with that opinion. I somehow believed the low Quality Standard on the Audio game market is because everybody is okay with it. Now I finally see that there are so many others with this issue. Great to read from all of you, guys!

On a side note:
Will AHC set up a new Quality trend in Audio gaming? Will it encourage other developers to try and compete? Will AHC Need to be commercially successful to do that? Or will there be others doing so just for the sake of Passion and perfectionism? Will AHC totally spoil older, less polished Audio games for us?
I am really looking Forward to see the effects of AHC on our game market.

2017-12-23 13:13:01

I always loved the Lufia and Lunar games. Now those would be fun in audio.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-12-23 13:42:47

I also wanted to do a stream/gameplay of AHC, but as I see, MR Erven is the person who has the monopol on doing streams/gameplays, so...

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-12-23 13:46:02

I do love when people refer to me by my last name. So refreshing.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2017-12-23 14:19:52

@nuno: Monopoly for streams? totally weird opinion lol

Everyone can do this but Liam is one from not many people who are doing it and his streams are always fun to listen / watch and the quality is avesome. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-12-23 15:31:57

I have to agree with Honk. Granted I've never had sight so my experience with mainstream games has come about through other people as much as myself, but I too always felt rather disappointed when I'd pick up an audio game. To be fair we have made some major strides and AHC could hopefully be another. As for streams or LP's I'd like to see SilverMoon AKA JennyK do one. I do thoroughly enjoy Liam's though seeing as his sense of humor tends to be pretty similar to mine. I just watched his Manamon LP again all the way through and would laugh anytime he'd imitate a Manamon's battle or death cry because I do that a lot myself.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-12-23 17:23:32

hi can you share a link for interview. I didnt listen this when it was streamed and I want to listen this. I can not find a download link of this anywhere

2017-12-23 18:31:16

It's in the off topic room. The topic is 195 the globe interviews Joseph Bein or something along those lines. It's on the first page so it shouldn't be hard to find. The link is in there.

2017-12-23 19:46:02

Oh thanks I didnt think about this this. I have got it now. Thanks.

2017-12-23 20:08:32

It's definitely interesting.

2017-12-23 23:56:19

@Dragomier: Thank you so much for the thoughtful post. It's definitely making for a crazy, stressful holiday season, but we appreciate the kind wishes.

I definitely don't think we can live up to the type of ground-breaking plot or depth that games like the Final Fantasy series have consistently brought to their respective consoles. My only hope is that AHC will be able to push the boundaries, like those games did in their own right.

2017-12-24 01:57:32

Anytime, Joseph. Also, I did read the slightly updated description on your site and I found it to be very, very informative and exciting.

2017-12-24 02:00:49

it's funny you mention legend of legaia, if I can even spell it right, and of course kingdom hearts. I did some fights on kingdom hearts, I beat sephiroth, and a few others.
I've been thinking about doing some streams my self, maybe show people how to play final fantasy 11 among others. Honestly, not to brag, but I'm quite good at most games out their bar a few I don't really like my self. I just need to get a webcam and I'll be set.

2017-12-24 02:01:37

it's actually quite informativ

2017-12-24 02:41:53

I had to dig out my good headphones. Just listened again to the navigational system demo, and I am all over it. I hope the rest of you have your good pair handy.

In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield.
Warren Buffett

2017-12-24 12:21:34

Well, five more days folks. In the meantime hope all who celebrate it have a good Christmas, Winter Solstice or what have you.

2017-12-24 14:39:33

Hi,
Just a Little question: In the game info it says that the game suppots SAPI and NVDA.Does that mean that it does not Support jaws?
Greetings,
Ciri

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)