2017-12-14 17:57:48

i just reopened the game and I pressed control v it did the ginggle and when I got to the main menu there was no voice when I pressed n.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-12-14 18:06:43

That makes no sense, if an anti virus is causing a download problem, it will cause a problem regardless of what browser I use. I just downloaded the December update to JAWS and it downloaded without a problem, so I doubt the problem is my browser. I also tried unpacking several other zip files, including the VI version of episode 0 of this game and they all unpacked without any errors.

If those are the only solutions available I can see now that I will be deleting these files and opening a dispute with PayPal to get my money back.

2017-12-14 19:16:40

there are alot of possibilities before you try opening a dispute.
since everyone got the game runing, then the issue is from your side. try changing your program that you extract with, if you're using a downloader, try changing it. if you can't get it runing after that, then you'll come to tell the developers to help you nicely since they are willing to listen.
you can tell us what are you using to download the game, what programs are you using to extract it with, thus we can try to give you solutions, yet repeeting I am going to open a dispute ain't gonna give you any help from here.
51, you can try pressing alt + v if you're on windows, it also works. you have to wait for the menu music. if you press it before it won't work. don't forget to  make sure your sapi voice are working properly in your system.
greetings

2017-12-14 19:58:58

Damn, how trolish people like Orko are. I wouldn't say this if I didn't see him complaining about even an unreleased game a hero's call. The only thing he kept repeating is how he'll forget this game without realizing how disrespectful that sounds to the developers who even though they are sighted, made the game accessible for us. Good job.

2017-12-14 20:06:35 (edited by JLove 2017-12-14 20:12:36)

@25,
I use Audible myself, both on my PC and on my IPhone, and I have no issues.  The IPhone app is extremely accessible and works very well.  I'm not sure what problem you're having.
@Orco, if you are using a download manager, disable it and redownload directly through your browser.  Also, I am not sure what software you are using to unzip the files.  It is my personal opinion that you should not use the unzip feature that is now built into Windows.  My personal software favorite is WinRAR, which can be found here:
https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
disable antimalware before downloading and unzipping the file; you should re-enable when these tasks have been completed.  If none of these suggestions work, then please help by posting the exact error message you're seeing when trying to unzip the file.
@Flame, the Microsoft Speech API is a native part of Windows, which is a double-edged sword.  While it is convenient in that nothing has to be installed, it also makes repair difficult at best (after all, it's Windows).  If the issue that you are having pertains to more than just this application, and it is recent, there might be some missing or corrupted files within Windows.  To check the integrity of the system files, please do the following:
Open start, type CMD, bring up context menu, and run as administrator (just in case Windows acts like, well, Windows).  At the command line, type the following:
sfc /scannow
If the integrity check finds anything, Windows will attempt to fix it.
For further information and downloads for Speech API, please see the following links:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … x?id=17851
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … x?id=10121
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa … x?id=27225

2017-12-14 20:40:54 (edited by stewie 2017-12-14 20:43:18)

Regarding gameplay (no real spoilers), I've noticed some issues. I'm not writing this post to condemn the game or anything, I'm really enjoying it.

Is there a way the game could tell you if a minnygame is skipped? It would be nice to have the information.

I think two things that could really help would be the ability to review output on the screen and a way to arrow over the map. Right now I have no idea where things are related to each other. For example in one area a lot of the exits are like d227, d241, etc. Is it a grid? Am I going north? I have no idea.

I think some of the scenes with visual content are missing feedback, like the intro to chapter 1 (the opening with the song). Some other visual feedback is missing, like at points  you can talk to people about people being seen on your map. I had no idea there was someone until the communication option came up. You don't actually know what is visually displayed on the interface either at points. Also for some reason the credits for chapter 0 don't read anymore, I thought they did in the original demo but I could be misremembering.

I've noticed bugs with the sections where you need to edit configuration files. It says to use enter to toggle the option (for me that doesn't work, I have to use the left and right arrow keys). When you do toggle the options, they don't remain updated once you arrow over them. For example I would change a no prompt to yes, up arrow then down arrow and it would still read that it is set to no. The values do actually change, just not when read out.

As people have mentioned before, there's a bug with messages being cut off. For example the "Message censored." message is ironically censored halfway through (it reads like "message cens" then skips to the next thing, but it might not be read in time for other voices).

The notes app doesn't work at all, it just says the letter g for some reason. I can type and I know that text is showing up on screen, I just can't read it.

Please add a key to clear the current command? For example if I'm using tab completion and I want to go back to the parent folder, I have to hold backspace for a while.

The voice for alerts (for example, "new communication available") is kind of quiet and hard to hear sometimes.

There are sections with a kind of tabular structure (like email apps). It would be nice if you could use left and right arrows to view each field (for example in emails you could right arrow to read the individual sections like from, to, subject, date, and the content of the email individually).

Overall though I'm enjoying the game a lot so far, I just think it could be improved by making some sections more clear and providing more information.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-12-14 21:05:34 (edited by robjoy 2017-12-14 21:08:59)

I agree, as I have suggested before, reviewing the map would be very useful, and it might actually make some mini games accessible, like the one at the end of episode 0, to reach the ship and avoid robots. It could also help with the infamous cameras, in ep 1.

Edit: Theoretically, the MITM minim games could work like this as well, review the squares and have the one with the yellow note pointed out after each turn, as you arrow around, then type in the new position.

I love what I've seen so far, wish these cameras could be accessible, lol.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2017-12-14 21:42:01

I use Internet Explorer with no download managers and never have any problems downloading.

It's so rare, in fact this is the first time it's happened that the built in zip file handling in Windows failed to work that I forget there are other options. 7zip extracted the zip file with no problems, so the problem is resolved.

Whew! I really didn't want to go the route of filing a dispute but so many web sites won't refund software purchases that when faced with a product with an apparent problem, often your only recourse is to file one.

@nidza07

I may have been a bit harsh in my annoyance with the problems I faced getting this game, but I never resorted to calling people names or verbally attacking them as you have done. Nice job!

2017-12-14 21:45:24

Um, well i guess calling out the developers of the game is calling out noone then. In any case, glad you fixed it and hopefully you'll have some respect towards game devs next time.

2017-12-14 22:07:49

Is there any documentation that goes with this game? It would be nice to now what keys the game responds to.

2017-12-14 22:15:46

Found a bug. Spoilers ahead.

Nash informs you that you need a network jammer, which you get from his USB stick (good to know that those still exist in the future). He also mentions that you have to install it on a network-connected computer, which is unfortunately ignored in the VI version. So, you can just initiate a MITM attack again, and it will work, even if the jammer is not installed anywhere.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2017-12-14 22:18:46

@Orko: letters and numbers to type in commands, enter to accept, period to chain commands, e.g. lights.activate, tab to move to the next available command (this is not mentioned in the game).

Backspace to go back, space to activate your Coms and to rotate cameras later, and the arrow keys.

These are all mentioned in the game as you play, by the way.

Hth,
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2017-12-14 22:31:57

@Orco,
As a general rule I have misgivings at best, disdain at worst, for a lot of the built-in features of Windows.  My thinking is that any third-party software, no matter how crappy, is probably going to do a better job than the feature that does the same thing natively in Windows.

2017-12-14 23:36:12 (edited by Orko 2017-12-14 23:38:24)

@Robjoy

Ah, so the game pretty much tells you the commands you need as you play? That works for me! Thanks!

@JLove

That's not been my experience. This is the first time in three years of using Windows 7 that the built in zip file handling has failed to do the job.

And while I'll agree with you that Explorer could have been much better than it is, I can't argue with the fact that it does work, and quite well at that.

In fact I can't think of any of the built in functions that don't work as you claim. Or are you so disdainful of Windows because you are a Mac user and are not speaking from any real experience?

2017-12-15 01:21:20 (edited by stewie 2017-12-15 01:23:27)

Hey regarding Robjoy's post
spoilers
You are in the computer of Zoya's head lens, the jammer is an installed utility on that. At least that's the impression I get, when you jump through the network you seem to only have access to the utilities available on that system. The jammer works on computers in Zoya's presence because of her own computer. I was confused by this too; I'm still not sure if I'm actually fully correct.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-12-15 04:16:27

thanks for helping me get it going on windows @JLove. any idea how to get it working on the mac?

2017-12-15 04:31:43

Hi,
I'm playing through epesode 1 and am really, really enjoying it. Excelent job on the VI version, and I second Robjoy's suggestion to have a way to review the map, would be really useful in a future version perhaps.
Thanks again for creating a very excelent game, looking forward to the next epesode.
Cheers,

Daniel

2017-12-15 05:28:22

Hello,

I've experienced this issue in the earlier accessible demo, and I'm still experiencing it now. The fan in my MacBook Air revs up to what sounds like maximum RPM when I play this game. My computer also becomes noticeably warmer. As soon as I close the application, my fan slows down and the computer cools off. 'Ive tried adjusting the graphics setting to the lowest option possible but this does not fix the issue. What's going on? Is the integrated Intel HD 5000 Graphics not enough to support this game? Would it be possible to add a feature to disable all graphics? This should make the program run much better on my system. I don't need graphics as I'm totally blind. I'm not going to play the game as long as it makes my Mac extremely hot, noisy, and drains the battery at an alarming rate.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-12-15 07:21:29

so, I just played episode 0 again to see if their was anything new but i didn't see any of the mini games after I got the man in the middle thing.

2017-12-15 08:17:02

robjoy wrote:

Found a bug. Spoilers ahead.

Nash informs you that you need a network jammer, which you get from his USB stick (good to know that those still exist in the future). He also mentions that you have to install it on a network-connected computer, which is unfortunately ignored in the VI version. So, you can just initiate a MITM attack again, and it will work, even if the jammer is not installed anywhere.

Rob

the net work jammer is part of the mim attack and it's not accessible, if I remember corectly. In the inicial release we didn't even have to go to nash to get the jammer it skipped it completely. Whatever it is, I guess the devs have reasons for skipping it

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-12-15 11:17:43

Do kickstarter backers have to pay for it?

2017-12-15 16:24:24

@Amine, it is indeed a mini game, which is skipped in the VI version.

In the regular version, however, you need to install the network jammer on a computer, otherwise the MITM attack won't work, as Nash says. Even if the MITM mini games are skipped in the VI version, the game does not check whether you have installed the jammer on a computer, as long as you have the jammer downloaded, the MITM game will be skipped. This extra step should not be skipped, imho.

@Flame, yes. The minigames are skipped in the VI version, unfortunately. I still think that they could be made accessible with the yellow marker announced and a map review feature.

Another interesting thing is there is a part where you have to close and open airlock doors. This is timed, but the timer is disabled in the VI version. I am not sure why this is, because we are not at a disadvantage here. Typing airlocks.outer.open or a.o.c can be typed in just as quickly, with or without vision.

Once again, I am not trying to be ungrateful, in fact, I think it is very nice that the developers have provided accessibility, as this is probably one of the most unique games out there. I'm just trying to show that the VI mode could be a bit better, and some adjustments could be made to make it even more similar to the original version.

This is when I wish Unity was accessible to us, because I would gladly contribute accessibility features.

Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2017-12-15 17:22:18

@Orko .. did you use the accesible shop? I'd like to know more on how to make the progress as easy as possible but we are not able to make our own web store because it would be way too much work on the financial side. we're only two people after all.

2017-12-15 17:26:42 (edited by JLove 2017-12-15 17:33:20)

@flame,glad to see that you got it working.  Just out of curiosity, which thing solved the issue?  @orko, I have limited experience with the mac operating system as well as Linux, but most of my time is spent in Windows.  And I never said that the features wouldn't work in Windows...I said that in my opinion, based on my experiences that started with Windows 3.1 through to the present, third-party software tends to accomplish the associated tasks more reliably, with fewer errors or failures.  I cannot count the number of times that I have seen the error message that X program has encountered a problem and needs to close (Windows XP), or X program has stopped working (later versions of Windows), even when absolutely nothing was done that should have incited that error.  Internet Explorer (native within Windows, so much so that it is impossible to uninstall it without fucking your OS completely) is perhaps one of the most unstable browsers I've ever seen, throwing exceptions and errors for the slightest thing (sometimes simply a page loading will do it, yet that same page will load without a single issue in Firefox).  The Windows registry is a bloated mess, one which, in my opinion, contributes hugely to the destabilization issues within Windows.  I cannot tell you the number of times that I have had to manually register .dll files through the command line.  I've had errors thrown at me when both enabling and disabling services within the OS.  .  Windows has extreme difficulty in removing applications completely...I have no idea how many times that I have uninstalled a program, only to find associated folders still on my hard drive, and associated key values within the registry (like I said, a bloated mess).  I once had to assist my bhoss to fix Windows after she did only what is recommended by Microsoft; she ran Windows Update during the night while she was asleep.  That simple action (again, recommended by Microsoft) somehow corrupted or erased her boot sector.  I spent two hours with her trying to rebuild and repair it through command line tools (the command line being yet another native function in Windows)...and no matter what Windows claimed to have done, it was to no avail...she eventually was forced to totally reinstall Windows.  And that is only a scant number of the times I've seen Windows spit out failures and errors, or do a task a hell of a lot slower, half-assed, or not at all, for no fucking reason at all. So I maintain that if I have to choose between something native to Windows to perform a task versus using a third-party app to do it, I'll take the app in 99% of cases.

2017-12-15 17:35:55

I was really hoping to play the mini games