2017-12-06 03:19:41 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2017-12-06 15:04:41)

I've had this game for a couple days now, and have unlocked seven worlds. But I'm stuck in the factory when I get to the shutoff game, and the circus when I get to the batting game. For the shutoffs I simply don't have enough time to do more than two of them, let alone six! It takes too long to turn them off! With the batting one I have no idea when to hit the ball, and I don't hear a sound right away when pressing f. Too early and Too late seem milliseconds apart...
Also, I hate the slow speed you walk at. It can take me forever to get far enough in a level because when you're climbing things sometimes it's like you take one step a second, and moving underwater takes forever which is not fun when you're in a level like the underground facility where you don't have air bubbles. And if you have to avoid things like mushroom spores and electrical fields, you should have a more lenient timer so you can pause to wait for things to settle back down and then run on without screwing yourself over. I have played Battlezone (the old version), Super Liam and Adventure At C: in the past, and in levels with dangerous traps (AKA. most of them) I would move through it with caution, and sometimes wait for several seconds to know the time window I have to run underneath the blades/delete rays, over which you cannot jump. The robots in the underground facility are fine, but the electrical currents tend to get me because I have to race against the clock. I never got a nice score for timing in those other games I mentioned, but I at least was able to make it to the end of the levels without dying because I was able to take the time to pause, dash, pause again and dash again. I don't even know how far to run before it's safe because I don't know if there's a rule about how close together electrical fields can be. The slow running speed makes the comparatively wide time window kinda useless.
Speaking of the underground facility, I cannot stand how damn slow your climbing speed is. Running speed is bad enough but you take what feels like one step per second climbing, and that's about ten seconds wasted every time you go up and down a ladder.
Your speed for most movement is almost painfully slow in some places, and like I said, the timers should allow for that.
I've read the whole thread up to this point, and I saw that there's a hardcore mode for all the games. But honestly, the current mode is hard enough for me in quite a few cases, so I feel there should be something at the other end of the scale, an easy mode, if you will. Mostly involving less stressful timers and perhaps slightly more frequent spawnings of things. I don't know, I could get better at these things if I keep trying, but the shutoff game definitely needs more than sixty seconds on it. I tried to press the arrows in the right order as fast as I can but my fingers kept getting confused and I've only successfully closed two shutters and started on the third within the time limit, and that's my best attempt...

2017-12-06 17:40:11 (edited by defender 2017-12-06 17:41:10)

With the electrical fields, honestly, that's on you, I had allot of trouble at first too, but it's one of those, practice makes perfect, the game shapes your reactions things.
Just do what you do now, but faster, wait less time, and pick a side as well, that way, when the current reaches the wall your standing by, you know you can move.
Get used to what the currents sound like close up, so you know how close your getting, and if possible, only make the movements you think might be dangerous when it's just left, then, if it's not back yet, go for it.
After all, it's literally 2 steps to safety if your right up against it.
Sure, you should be more careful with the fast moving ones, get as close as you safely can, but as they are faster, it also costs less time waiting.

With the valves one, I don't like these either, pretty much what everyone does is put a finger of your left hand on the up arrow, and put three fingers of your right hand on the left, right and down arrows.
Basically, then you need to kind of I don't know, tickle the keyboard? it's hard to explain but the idea is to press all the keys as fast as possible, but not at the same time.
So up, leftrightdown, up, leftrightdown, as fast as possible.
The reason I don't like it is that to win, you essentially have to cheat, or at least do something most people wouldn't expect, with no hints, and no prier parallels in the rest of the game.

For the batting practice, you need to wait about a half a second, after you hear the little echoing sound, don't pay attention to the sliding sound, just the echoing sound, as obviously the launch time will change, where as the warning won't.

As for climbing and swimming, I don't have much of a problem with it, it seems like most of the problem is psychological, because I've gotten annoyed with it too, but the times for all the other games seem pretty reasonable after you figure out how they work, so I'm assuming they use trial and error (by playing them) to come up with a time.
With swimming, I think the idea is that it's a trade off for allot of games, games where you could choose wading or swimming, wading is faster at centering an object below you, but if your already under their, you don't have to go up again, yet you have air to deal with.
Just, pay attention to the overhangs under the water, and stay as close to the undersides of them as you can, experimenting with robots to find out exactly what they sound like when they are at your same height.
Their are much more complicated water features in some later aquatic games, lots of downward extensions, while the ones on the infiltration game are straight rectangles, so if you master those, it will help you allot with later stuff.

This game can be extremely frustrating at times but honestly, I would say that 85 percent of the time it's down to the player.  The nice thing is that banging your head against the wall trying to unlock a game again and again does eventually give you strategies and more tuned reactions to certain cues, which helps allot with similar games later on.

2017-12-06 21:31:08 (edited by phantom_flutist 2017-12-06 21:33:16)

Couple of different things here. the first being that for me, the game crashes on Get the Cows Back, if you are trying to gather a bunch of cows at once. Yet if you try to only do a few at a time, you waste loads of time because the silly things move really slow. This crash has unfortunately occurred consistently for me.

Second thing is pretty major as well. When using the alternative arrows (I, J, K, and L) on the Descent into the Mine minigame, L doesn't work for the right arrow. So if you hear a buzzer on that side when using the alternative arrows, you're not able to respond to it. The regular arrows work consistently, but for those of us who find it easier on laptops to use these alternatives are really at a disadvantage here.

does anyone know howI can contact Pragma about this other than these forums? I haven't found a contact link at all on his website.

2017-12-06 23:06:07 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2017-12-06 23:17:48)

I don't know why you have that issue with the cow game. I tried gathering a whole bunch when I did it and it didn't crash.
Also, thanks to above person for the tips. I'll try them later. This game is super fun for me most of the time. big_smile

2017-12-07 01:12:45

Sorry for double-posting, but thank you so much, Defender! I was able to get past both those games with your advice, although I discovered too late that the factory doesn't unlock anything. I've gotten the Heights now, so I'd best run the other path. big_smile

2017-12-07 02:38:15

Btw if anyone was wondering, I used my magic admin stick to change the topic subject to reflect the current version.
A shame Pragma didn't post here himself, but I'm guessing he's busy coding big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-07 03:30:15

Thanks for changing it Dark.

And to post 159; it's no problem, after all, I learned most of my strategies for the more difficult or less intuitive games by asking other players, so I'm happy to pass it on.
I'm glad it worked for you.

2017-12-07 03:41:56

hey! just unlocked the forest, but god I hate all the games with ants in them, I'm still not all that good at pinpointing them. Good at knowing when they are right or left, but get a little confused when they are close up and that usually leads me to getting killed, but trial and error is something that will teach you a lot, the underwater cave thing in the Beach also is kicking my rear. I have a lot of trouble directly pinpointing bubbles when I get close too so I don't get very far, but I know I'll get better at that too.

I'd have to say that among the games I've played online with folks that I hate the most though are the flying boat and the underground facility. Not too crazy about the Boreal forest either.

Also, have to say I've never had trouble with crashing on anything at all, let alone the cow game and I actually go in a weird way and almost get all the cows in one trip.

One more question guys though, I have played the castle walls online, but couldn't find the game in the castle. If it's there, could one of you tell me where it is? I want to get some practice because it's like the flying boat and underground facility but not as evil.

2017-12-07 06:10:19 (edited by The Imaginatrix 2017-12-07 06:14:45)

I've unlocked and completed the Heights, and am now working on the volcano. That unstable platforms game is really scary! I was lucky and stood right against the wall and just waited and hoped the ground under me wouldn't collapse and it didn't. I can make it up to the dragon scales game but those baby dragons are all over the place and I keep erring on the side of caution and not moving far enough into the area to get the scales. I'll get the hang of it—Manamon has moving traps as well but at least you can save before approaching one of those.

At Bookrage, I was able to get a decent score with the ants by running around one and then just letting them chase but not catch me all around the edge of the area. It might take a few tries to get the hang of it and I have yet to do it consistently but hopefully that helps.
Also, with the air bubbles in the cave, try to center them before running straight forward. You have to go as far north as possible in that game without dying, and getting the hang of centering the bubbles will help in other games in that area.

2017-12-08 02:35:44

Dang it, how do you complete the dragon scales game? Is there a trick to it? Can I pick up multiple scales and is there a better way to avoid the dragons than wait for them to move out of your way and then make a dash for it? I'm truly stuck. Dragons keep eating me.

2017-12-10 15:58:15

To add to my CP struggles. The Ice World is a nightmare and any game with a polar bear in it is liable to kill me enough times that I'll probably lose the level. The second path I just found in the volcano has ridiculous walking bombs I never seem to escape, which is particularly problematic in the second one where you're supposed to let them explode, just not near you (THEY'RE ALWAYS RIGHT NEAR ME WHEN I START THE GAME AND THEN THEY CHASE ME IF THEY DON'T JUST STAY IN MY WAY). I have only gotten to the third game in the City once, and I'm beginning to think that I was extremely lucky, because I'm lucky if I can get a positive score on the letterbox thing and the big rats always seem to get me before I get any of their tiny buddies. And don't even get me started on the darkness World. How am I supposed to get better at these things if I can't even complete them?

2017-12-10 17:18:15

I'm bad at a lot of stuff, just start playing through the games, and you'll start to pick up some skills. A lot of the games are definitely not easy, and I have only beaten  two worlds, but you'll get it in time, there's no long-term penalty for losing so just stick with it. Eventually you'll probably rock at all those games.

2017-12-11 00:01:20

The Imaginatrix wrote:

To add to my CP struggles. The Ice World is a nightmare and any game with a polar bear in it is liable to kill me enough times that I'll probably lose the level. The second path I just found in the volcano has ridiculous walking bombs I never seem to escape, which is particularly problematic in the second one where you're supposed to let them explode, just not near you (THEY'RE ALWAYS RIGHT NEAR ME WHEN I START THE GAME AND THEN THEY CHASE ME IF THEY DON'T JUST STAY IN MY WAY). I have only gotten to the third game in the City once, and I'm beginning to think that I was extremely lucky, because I'm lucky if I can get a positive score on the letterbox thing and the big rats always seem to get me before I get any of their tiny buddies. And don't even get me started on the darkness World. How am I supposed to get better at these things if I can't even complete them?

I admit, the city world really isn't easy, at least I think so.
About the rats game, what I do is just keep pressing f while walking through the maze.
I've completed the world, but some games are just hard to unlock, and I don't think I've played all games there.
I need to play it again to look at different paths.

2017-12-11 07:53:30

The walking bombs in the arena keep getting me! I just lost five times in a row, going from 90 coins to 0. I don't know how to evade them long enough to not get blown up! They always chase me and surround me or corner me and then I get exploded!

2017-12-11 12:36:53

The Imaginatrix wrote:

The walking bombs in the arena keep getting me! I just lost five times in a row, going from 90 coins to 0. I don't know how to evade them long enough to not get blown up! They always chase me and surround me or corner me and then I get exploded!

I'd say try to move forward and left / right at the same time, how ever, I am stuck at the one after it, one called destroy walking bombs.
That one is even harder.

2017-12-12 04:04:12

That's the one I'm stuck on. The other one I can make it through, but that one is a nightmare and it's so hard to keep away from all of them and you lose all your points if you get exploded.

2017-12-12 04:58:16

The Imaginatrix wrote:

That's the one I'm stuck on. The other one I can make it through, but that one is a nightmare and it's so hard to keep away from all of them and you lose all your points if you get exploded.

yeah that, I agree.
I lost all my points on that game, hmm, I wonder how the hardcore version of it works though, omg. lol.

2017-12-12 14:30:10

I don't intend on trying out that mode ever. I have a hard enough time with quite a few of the games as it is. *shudders*

2017-12-12 16:28:24

The Imaginatrix wrote:

I don't intend on trying out that mode ever. I have a hard enough time with quite a few of the games as it is. *shudders*

I agree, I mean some games are more challenging when in hardcore mode, but for the fact that I don't get extra coins, that makes me not think about it, and I've already unlocked this mode, so I can play it when ever I like.
It's nice  to have everything unlocked smile, although I'm far from doing just that, .
I still have the battle mode to go through and all many games, some of them are hard to unlock even in normal mode, or maybe that's just me.

2017-12-12 17:39:11

I'm not sure how feasible this is, but is there a way to play Crazy party on the Mac or easily port to the Mac? I'm guessing it wouldn't happen, but I'm just curious.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2017-12-12 18:50:35

I have an idea.
It would be cool if the dev can add teams mode but but offline.
So you can play with a computer against 2 computers for example.
I think this will be fun to play.

2017-12-13 18:39:45

Got pretty far in the city just now and unlocked a few games. Didn't make it to the end though, mostly because I lost several games at least once or got super low scores on them. That one with the remote control car was a bit frustrating and the one with the cameras in the studeo. The skyscraper one was what got me in the end.

Gah, it's so cute that the dialogues call remote control cars "Small cars"! I know it might have been a slight mistranslation but it's too adorable not to keep! xD

2017-12-13 21:05:01

hello,
can we abel to attack our team member?
well, i know some cards useful for your teammate if you abel to use on them

not sre we can do that but, er
jjust wanted to ask that
thanks

2017-12-13 21:52:36

@Omer Sure you can, just press shift with the enter key and your allies will be listed as well so that you can make some good moves (IE. increasing their level, letting them draw cards) or even some ugly, nasty ones if you so wish big_smile

2017-12-13 22:08:27

I've said this before but as was  brought up by Masterchief, It would be cool to have a CPU ally you could do on battle single-player, I have said before that 2-type arenas would be cool after the Grand council, but in addition to that,  you get a CPU controlled ally to take into the new gyms with you. Perhaps they could be unlockables and in each gym you fight teams of two different types, like a grass/bug arena where you fight a bug-grass combo team each time or something like that, ultimately this ends in the second grand council where you fight enemies that are tag-teaming you and your computer ally you bring in.