2017-12-12 00:13:16 (edited by flackers 2017-12-12 00:14:13)

Bit of a longshot, but does anyone have any recommendations for a small Bluetooth, or wired speaker that is small enough to be worn on a rucksack strap so I can hear the GPS on my phone while it's in my pocket? I bought a buckshot speaker, which seemed perfect at just 9 by 3 cm, but it keeps going into standby mode because voiceover only speaks intermittently, so I'm looking for an alternative.
p.s. I don't want aftershokz style bone conduction earphones because even having something just sat in front of my ears seems to interfere with subtle sounds, and I think they're over-priced anyway. Thanks.

2017-12-12 00:40:31

I have a very cute selution for you. its made by anker, the guys who makes battery chargers and power banks.
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/anker-7908 … -2716.html

I have 1 of these little jems, and if you want it for the senario you described, it'll work perfectly. long battery life, yep, loud, yep. small, yep. ruggid, yep.
if you are happy with its short comings and just want to use it for book reading, or even for your g p s? it wil work nicely for you. I can confirm, that the batttery will last any ware between 15 hours and 21 hours. if the speaker is swiched on, and left with out paring it to any device, it wil auto power  off after five minutes.
give it a spin and let me know.
while we also on the topic, if any one can find  another speaker out there with even longer battery life, please let me know. i don't really care if it only has mono sound, as longs its battery knocks my socks off. so far though, this little anker, one the py. with nothing coming even close

There's a place for me in this universe.

2017-12-12 00:58:49

Sounds good. If it can withstand rain and doesn't go into standby mode after a couple of minutes like the buckshot, I'll be giving it a try if the people at outdoor tech (the makers of buckshot) don't offer a solution. Love the fact the anker has the option to be wired too, which is what I'd rather do. Thanks for the great tip.

2017-12-12 01:16:31

your most welcome, glad I could help smile

There's a place for me in this universe.

2017-12-12 13:23:24

ANkers makes great stuff in general. I have one of their 10 ft iPhone chargers doing it's job nicely.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-12-13 14:48:42

I have a Jambox Mini, I don't know the exact battery life but I like how easy it is to use. It's kind of long though. I also have a bigger, sound blaster raw speaker as well as recommended to me by Pitermach, amusingly enough I can't currently find it. I've got the jambox right in front of me though.

2018-01-10 20:22:20

I am in love with my UE Boom. They offer smaller versions, too.

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2018-01-11 00:56:23

The jambox mini has voice prompts, which was a selling point for me. I haven't found a shoulder strap for it though. It's a really good sounding speaker though. The battery life is a good 10 hours, and it can charge nicely with my external battery pack.