2017-12-10 20:47:58

Tomorrow a nice new bose QC35 II headpone is coming. Yes, it is sort of a early christmas gift. So, what do people think about these? Is there any accessibility problems? As far as I can tell, these will not replace my Sennheiser HD 380 Pro headphones that I am currently using to listen to music off of my desk computer and IPhone and what not. As best as I can tell, the QC35 II headphones will be a pretty good wireless headphone per say. This will be good for those times when I just do not want to deal with those wires. A good example of this is podcast listening. Plus, the noise cancellation should be good if everything I am reading is true. Do people Not like these? If so, why? On the other hand, if people like these, knowing what is liked about them would be helpful too...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2017-12-11 01:55:01

Hi,
Whilst I can't speak to this years model, I do have the original qc35s and love them. Not only is the noise canceling simply superb, but the feel and quolity of them is simply excelent. As far as accessability is concerned, the IOS app that you can download is accessible for the most part and allows you to do things such as turn off/down noise canceling ETC.
HTH,

Daniel

2017-12-11 23:16:41

I just got my pair in and I just did a quick test. Interesting is what I got to say. I am going to have to try them out with the google assistant app. I am also going to have to try them on a phone call or something too...

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2017-12-21 16:32:45

Hi.
I have a few questions regarding the headset, since I might consider finding a replacement for my great old Bose headset:
1. Does the noise cancelation work when using the audio cable as well, and does the level of noise cancelation work which has been adjusted in the app when using the cable? I'm asking about this because I'm not sure if I can get used to the noise cancelation. I'm using my current Bose headset mostly with the audio cable instead of Bluetooth, but I find the Bluetooth option great to have.
2. Am I right that the newest model of the headset is using replaceable batteries? That's an interesting feature.
3. Is the Bose app totally accessible, and can you do other things than adjusting the noise cancelation level?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-21 17:55:58

huh interesting, I was looking at bose qc 25 a few days ago ... I bought a pair of beats studio 3 and regret it, fortunately it's an open purchase so I'm going to return them tomorrow and see if they have a pair of philips x2 which I've heard great things about.
Personally I'm not a big fan of wireless for lots of reasons, one being that some devices I use don't have wireless, secondly as I don't like the slight lag and then there's the battery issue. Oh and accessibility of course.
Just a word of warning, do not buy beats. The sound is kinda meh for what you pay. idk about accessibility on other devices but it wouldn't work on my laptop. And when it's connected through cable the stereo positioning is off.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-12-21 18:35:10 (edited by cw 2017-12-21 18:38:14)

First of all, I have not trie the QC35 II with the audio cable. So, I do not really know how well the noise cancellation works on the audio cable. Yes, the bose app is mostly accessible. You, to some degree, have some trial and error when it comes to finding each setting, but once the location of each setting, you will find that they do not move. Yes, Bluetooth speakers and headphones have a delay. YOu do not really notice the delay when listening to music, but you will notice it when navigating around on your phone and the like. As for the batteries, the batteries are not replaceable. I am sorry about that. On the other hand, it takes the stander bacro USB cable for charging. I do use a different pair of headphones on my PC seeing that my PC does not have Bluetooth. I figure that sense that do not need noise cancellation and that I do need the audio cable to listen to music on my PC, I use the wired headphones that I linked to in my first posts seeing that I do like the sound just a tad better. This is not to say that the noise cancellation on the bose is bad, but I just like a slightly different sound when noise cancellation does not inter the picture.  I can also tell you that there is a big difference between cheep noise cancellation and good noise cancellation. I can also tell you that the noise cancellation stomps on the audio a bit, but that really can not be help seeing that it is what it is and it is not that bad either. Anyway, I tried these on the road and can say that they do block out most of the road noise. Yes, it can be a little off putting when you fill the road through the seat of the car while not receiving much of a hent through the sounds you are hearing that you are on the road. It is almost like the sound of a bedroom in your ears with the far distense of road noise while the the fill of the wheels on pavement of the road comes through the seat that you are sitting on. As a side note, I have no problem with the location of audio in the stario field when the audio source is through Bluetooth. Hope this helps.

DropBox Referral

2017-12-22 09:35:05

Thanks for your reply. That is what I was thinking about the audio cancellation as well. Therefore, I like that you can adjust it in the app. Would you mind checking if the noise cancellation also works when connecting the headset to your computer using the audio cable? And if the headset remembers your adjustment setting for the noise cancellation when using the cable.
Regarding audio delay when using Bluetooth headsets: I'm using Apples airpots with my iPhone. There is some very small lag, but not that much so it effects the use of VOiceover. So Bluetooth has improved very much. I'm not sure, but I think it depends on what Bluetooth version and profile the headset is using.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-12-24 21:24:36

I will have to check that out some time SLJ, but the madness of the Christmas and new year's holidays is putting that on hold for now as it were. On the other hand, I have read that the noise cancellation does work with the audio cable, but how well it does, I do not know seeing that I have not check it out yet. I also do not know for sure if it remembers the  level you set it to within the app, but it does seem to remember the other settings I have set. It is worth noting that I set the Butten on the left side to adjust the level of noise cancellation instead of the google thing to make a little more useful on my IOS devices seeing that the default setting only worked on IOS when the correct app was running. I can tell you that when you set the level via this Butten, it does not remember the level you have it set to when you turn the headset off. It made remember if you set it with the app itself, but I do not know. So, do I go with the name of headset here, or do I call them headphones instead? LOL. Anyway, now where did I put that cable Now...

DropBox Referral

2017-12-25 10:54:16

Wow. That was actually an answer enough for me. It's amazing that you can set it up to adjust the noise cancelation on the headset itself.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-12-25 21:40:03

It took me a bit of digging through some of the settings to find that setting. Of course, some of the unline digging told me that it was there to be found. It is not really helpfull to have the list of settings that you can change just listed as settings. The about option was listed as settings, the help icon in the settings list was listed as settings. Even the speech on/off setting was just listed as settings. About the only thing in this list that not listed as settings is the sleep timer. So, when you swipe through the settings screen, you mostly hear, settings butten, settings butten, settings butten sleep timer, settings butten on, settings butten, settings butten, and ETC. It's kind of strange seeing that pretty much everything else is labled in the app. Anyway, back to the topic, yes it is good that you can set it up to adjust the level on the headset itself. Anyway, after things calm down thist next week or two, I will see what I can do about that cable. This is assuming that no one else gets to it first.

DropBox Referral