2017-12-08 18:28:45

from time to time, i have to do system image backups, as i get older, i don't often want to tinker with recovering a system. so my question today that I need help with is this.
What app can I use to backup windows 8 or 10 installations. and then recover the same system from the backup? I can boot in to the talking P E. so that is not the issue. the issue is, finding an app that works. free, or paid for. often I run in to accessibility issues. what would you clever folks out there recommend me to use. I do prefer free solutions, but i am also willing to pay for apps. Please only recommend me an app that you have tried or tested your self and that you know does work reliably.
any body's help would be greatly appreciated.

There's a place for me in this universe.

2017-12-08 19:15:49

Although I'm running Windows 7, I believe this would apply to Windows 8 and 10 as well. I use the built in Backup & Restore app in the control panel. I have it create both file by file and image backups. The file by file backups are handy for when you only need to recover a handful of files rather than the entire system, this can be done from the same Backup & Restore app used to make the backups. Then the image backups are for when I need to recover the entire system which can be done from the talking Windows PE.

2017-12-08 21:53:15

-hi Orko, thank you very much for your suggestion. i'd wanna use windows image backup. but the P E I have seems to have a issue. i am running a 64 bit system. now the problem comes in when, i try to recover from a backup it says, a error was encountered when trying to restore the backup. the backup restored failed. i've only managed to get 32 bit systems to work. and not 64 bits. is your system 64 bits? if so and if this works for you. would you please share this with me? as to point me in the rite direction to perhaps download a new P E? could it be that mines to old?  if you willing to pop me a link, i'd happily test it out. this wil make my life so much easier. if i can get this to work. using windows own tools

There's a place for me in this universe.

2017-12-08 22:17:06

Good point! My system is a 32 bit system. However here is a thought and something you could try. To Backup & Restore an image file is just data, so it should be possible to use a 32 bit Windows PE to restore a 64 bit image file. Or have you tried that already?

2017-12-09 06:07:04 (edited by Chris 2017-12-09 06:08:43)

Have you tried using Windows PE in Windows 10? Microsoft has finally done what should have been done ages ago and made Narrator available in Windows PE based off the Creators Update or later. You should only need the talking PE for Windows 7 and 8.

If you need a standalone Windows 10 PE, have you tried the one from http://opopanax.net/download/

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-12-09 08:03:28

Image for Windows works really well.