2017-12-08 13:11:43

I have in mind to convert a couple of books I enjoyed as a kid to Daisy books so I can enjoy them again.

Is there an accessible program for Windows that can take a text file as input and with my guidance, convert to Daisy format with all the navigation indexes and such?

Thanks!

2017-12-08 16:02:26

There's book wizard producer, but 1 - that's a paid product, but the you could get by with the demo version as apart from the 15minute per run timelimit there is no restrictions. 2. May be only a problem with my machine in particular, but the validator doesn't seem to complete the distribution build for the daisy book. There is a save as daisy plugin for  microsoft word, as well as dolphin publisher.

2017-12-08 17:35:50

At $150 or more, Book Wizard Producer is not only more than I'm willing to pay for a tool for a project that is mostly just for personal enjoyment rather than something I'm going to do full time. Book Wizard Producer is also designed for producing talking, as in audio recordings, books rather than text format Daisy books. That is not something I want.

I have chosen the Save as Daisy Word plug in as I'm already familiar with Word so there will be that much less to learn.

Thanks for the suggestions!

2017-12-08 20:22:41

i'm searching for a free program that can convert mp3 files in to dacy files.

2017-12-08 21:42:39

@sido
I have used obi, and well I really didn't like it much. Though it is shurely good for the start.
Personaly I love my studio pc, but it's the payed product, and I hardly know is it still supported.
and, jack got before me, but yeah, save to daisy works fine, pluss if you so wish you can set it to make a audio version of the document by using your default tts voice, witch is quite cool when you have some very good tts voices installed.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-12-08 21:48:39

is that thing accessible?