2017-12-04 04:15:01

I hope however that the repo doesn't go down. I'm planing to add some objects so well...

73 Wj3u

2017-12-04 07:06:08

Yaye! thanks.

And don't worry, this project already became five times what it started as, so no matter where you choose to stop, it's still awesome that you kept with it for as long as you did.
You've added a fare amount of elements to make it more fun, and with the moddability you've given it a much longer lifespan.
Appreciated your enthusiasm about it, with new ideas and objects and such.
If there are any further balance issues, like the kind of thing that would really only require changing a variable, than it would be cool if you fixed them, within reason of course, but aside from that, I think it's been a good run and I'm not upset with you rapping it up at all. :-)

I really don't want you to get burnt out either.

2017-12-04 08:13:52

Hi,
Although I have only coded in bgt and am not likely to change that, honestly it's a delicate balance. I have to find that point where I can feel comfortable picking this game back up, as a player, and saying wow, I feel this thing is complete.
There's still a couple last things I would love to implement into this if I ever picked it back up again, however they are incredibly minor. It's also to do with the players too.
I constantly ask myself, if I stopped here, would players mind? Are there missing features? Things I never got around to? Bugs left unpatched? Etc.
I can't wait to see what is in the repo a year from now. That is, provided the domain is still alive. Currently looking for cheaper web hosting.
Anyway, I'll sign off for now. Happy flipping!

2017-12-05 05:14:52

Woah! What library did those electric fence sounds come from? Those are awesome. Also I wonder how people generate those sounds in the first place.

2017-12-07 20:15:56

Recently, while me and Omar were discussing TTF, we couldn't help but notice that there are many rather low quality objects in the repository, while the good and often amusing ones are often berried in the terrible ones. So we had a thought. What if there was a separate repository for higher quality objects that we have tested and found to be decent? The repository would be open to uploads just like the current one, but they would have to be reviewed before they were officially listed. The main requirement to enter would be just to have decent sounds. We would still be open to ideas, however this would mainly be a repository free from things like 20 second flip sounds, etc. Thoughts?

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-12-08 02:09:32

So I might make some silly things like mortal kombat chars to be flipped lol. How do I upload the sounds to the server and such? I don't know where to go for that. Do I need to send a PM?

2017-12-08 02:38:50

So I just played a nice round of animal abuse lol. If you wanna kill 500000 sheep just delete all the other objects in the objects folder and have you some good sheep killing time lol. Now that I know you can do this, I think I will make different folders of certain sounds haha. I think I might be having a bit to much fun with this.

2017-12-08 04:35:09 (edited by defender 2017-12-08 04:36:47)

Personally I think you should just review them before allowing them to be up their.

A few of the objects have extremely long flip sounds, which just gets annoying, especially when using the R cheat, or destroying a bunch at once on higher levels.
Some also reuse sounds from other objects, forcing you to pick one unless you want things to get repetitive.
That, and it's easier to find objects on the map when they use monno or centered stereo sounds...

I would say that 80 percent of the objects have their setdebris and size attributes reversed, do to people not paying attention when reading the readme.
We also have the issue that some objects have weird sizes, and while that does make sense in an arcade setting, it would be best to agree on a system.
And obviously, with things that don't have any debris, size doesn't really make a difference for anything but cosmetic purposes.
I split the smallest stuff into two or three pieces, like the chair, laptop, Bopit, sign, light  saber and video game console.
You could make the argument that the lightsaber, do to the energy release, and sign, do to it's hight could be more, but that's just how I've done it so far.
For the table, ladder, and bowling pins, the last do to their natural lack of damage, I used 4 or 5.
For the gravatron, explosive, upright freezer, and electric fence (despite it's awesomely over dramatic destruction sound) I used 6.
For the big robot, bomb, helicopter, and truck,, I used 7 8 or 9.
I didn't split people into debris (lol) accept for the boss and monstercreature do to the explosive sounding deaths, which I used two for.
I figured that was pretty sensible.

2017-12-08 17:24:06

yes I definitely think they should be reviewed. I could do some of that for you guys if you'd like me to. The php scripts really aren't that hard to edit to make that, though while I'm at it I'd rename it from index.php, because it can be anything else as long as the file uploading page links back to it. Like uploadobj.php and the normal upload.php that processes the data, and just change the dest path to something like upobjs. Also don't forget to block indexing that directory.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-01-12 00:33:29

HI GUYS. Minor TTF update. This one allows all user to view the runs counter, and removes a few unnecessary screen reader announcements at the end of some rounds, as well as removing the error message when the game fails to post to the counter, so it should silently continue execution instead of freezing if the counter goes down. The link in the first post is outdated currently, however you can download the update from my site here. Enjoy.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2018-01-12 09:30:56

hi. i like the game!

2018-01-12 20:03:49

Oh nice, new update. I love this game! big_smile

check my sounds on
freesound

2018-06-22 14:38:23

Hey everyone,
I just thought I'd bump this topic to let you all know something.
I've uploaded what is officially the last version of ttf I will produce. Along with that, the site will be shutting down on July first, 2018. You can read the site's homepage for further details if your interested.
This download includes the game, as well as all objects uploaded to the repo. I strongly encourage everyone to download this version, as the game may not be able to run properly with the domain being gone.
I'll be uploading this version to the audio games archive. A version of it already exists, however I'll see if they can update there version with the one hosted on the site.
For now, until July first you can get the game from the site, here: http://phantomcrafting.com/games/ttf.zip
Enjoy!

2018-06-22 19:56:35

Hi,
Thank you for the update. I'll be sad to hear it's the final update, but it's been a good run and I hope that you'll let us know about your future domain.

2018-08-02 22:09:44

win defender nuked mine and I don't seem to have the right zip...

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-08-02 22:54:01

There was supposed to be a zip file with the final version along with all the objects from the repository posted before the Phantom Creations web site was closed, but I don't think that ever happened.

Have you checked the audio games archive to see what version they have?

2018-08-03 15:55:22

I have the final version I know about, with the object repository included. If someone needs it, let me know. Be warned, even on Windows 7, Security Essentials doesn't like game.exe.

2018-08-03 16:06:51

this game is cool!

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2018-08-03 22:06:29

File uploaded to your Sendspace dropbox.