2017-12-06 15:21:04

Hello. On my Dell PC running Windows 10 64 bit, no matter what I do this error comes up at about 50  percent of the jaws installation:
The setup failed to process the "VideoAccessibility" component. Restart your computer and run the setup again.
If the error continues, contact technical support.

Code: 80070643

2017-12-06 16:44:03

After googling the error code, it appears that this error occurs when there are problems with Windows Installer and Windows Update. All of the articles I found were for Windows 7, not 10. I'd suggest contacting VFO technical support as the message says.

2017-12-06 18:10:16

Yeah did so, and they've tried several things including giving me a reg file, manually installing video intercept but it's the same and i'm waiting for their reply so was just wondering in the meantime does anyone have ideas on what can be wrong.

2017-12-06 19:37:56

I thought Jaws used UIA on Windows 8 and 10? I thought they were unable to use their video intercept nonsense because it was blocked by Microsoft. I'm not sure what to tell you. Try updating the drivers for your video card in device manager or install NVDA which has never used video intercept to access the screen.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-12-06 20:16:37

@Chris I thought that as well, but it still attempts to install it. I do use NVDA as my primary SR, but wanted to check out one program with jaws. Oh well, even though people are ready to praise jaws and how superior it is, even the install process fails. This has and will never happen to me when installing NVDA. Just imagine it. You do a system reinstall, ready to use your new system and jaws fails to install without any solution as this is literally a new laptop. Well, you as a jaws user would be screwed so happy i don't use it as my primary screen reader.

2017-12-06 20:23:40

All I can say is I've never had any problems installing or using JAWS. I can't honestly say the same for NVDA, though mostly, the problems I have with it are trying to use features built in to JAWS that are simply not there in NVDA. That is why NVDA will always be a secondary screen reader for me.

2017-12-06 20:25:42

That's pretty odd. Is this the creators update?

2017-12-06 22:17:08

The latest fall creators update. Orko, i've clearly talked about installing as this isn't a topic about comparing features. NVDA takes 15 seconds to install. For jaws, i know for so many fails and errors while installing. In the XP days, it could go that bad where it would miscommunicate with your graphycs card and your PC would no longer boot. I've literally heard that happen and it's just sad and i'm glad MS is disallowing video intercept. Sadly FS keeps insisting on old stile and things like video intercept, virtual buffers and so on.

2017-12-06 23:04:41

God damn it, why is it when somebody asks a question about help with jaws, in every topic, somebody says "Use NVDA." Every topic i've looked at where somebody had a problem with jaws, this comes up as usually the first or second reply. Seriously, can't people just try to fix the problem before basically saying jaws is crap?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-12-06 23:42:18

You are correct in that this topic started out talking about installing, but it didn't stay there, you yourself turned it into to a JAWS bashing session in message 5, so I decided to defend my choice of screen reader. If you don't want a screen reader comparison topic, then don't create one.

You have no one to blame but yourself.

2017-12-07 00:08:10

Not true. You don't have to defend your screen reader of choice, the world wont end and FS wont reward you for doing it. I bashed the install proces itself, and now I have apsolutely every legit reason to do so. When you are able to install jaws on my machine, that's the proper way in which you will defend your screen reader of choice, not by saying it works for you. By the way, no jaws version will install on here. Jaws 18 installs, but only because it has a stupid installer which doesn't check whether video intercept went through successfully or no and after installation it doesn't launch and just gives famous errors. Jaws 16 doesn't install at all, so yeah. As i said it's a clean windows 10 install, and just tried on my other PC with win 10 and the same issue. They both happen to be dell with intel graphic cards, however i was reinstalling windows on that other pc and i put windows 7 on it. As I expected, Jaws installed just fine so don't know why it's having this issue.

2017-12-07 00:14:04

lol maybe you should look it the other way and blame windows 10 for sucking.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-12-07 01:08:05

Hopefully FS can figure out a solution. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't knowingly release a version of JAWS that wouldn't install on Windows 10. Plus there are people who have installed 2018 on Windows 10. I do know of one person who had trouble installing 2018, and a restart fixed the problem.

2017-12-07 02:20:32

No sorry. If windows 10 sucks for you, no need to use it. Works extremely well for me. @Draq you're right, and i'm even 100 percent sure FS didn't release a version which doesn't work on Windows 10. I was able to use this version on other windows 10 computers, so it's definitely not a general windows 10 thing. Just emailed them the logs they requested, and hopefully they will figure something out. By the way: It is actually not video intercept what it's trying to install. I looked through the logs myself, and the installer refers to 2 separate packages. Video intercept and video accessibility. I am not entirely sure what is video accessibility supposed to do, but the setup correctly skips video intercept and fails to install that video accessibility component.

2017-12-07 21:18:57

hay nidza07.
if you still interested, and if you have not try the following. give this a shot and see if it works.
warning warning warning.
the following methods are advanced methods and is not recommended to be tried on a normal pc with out having a backup in place.
while every care is taken to correctly give instructions, every system is different, what works on 10 systems mite fail on yours.
i am not responsible for the cat dieing, or the doggie flying to hevin.
cool. now that the nice part is out of the way lets begin.

step one.
create a system restore point.
2. take a system image backup of your pc.
3. now please completely remoove all traces of jaws including shared components if any is installed.
4. create a new user account with admin rights, but insure its a off line account.
5, download the o c r and visual basic distributions JFW  needs sepretly, and then.
6. please uninstall, your graphics adapter, including any driver software it came with from add/remove apps list. and in device manager delete the graphics card entry and tic the box that says, delete drivers software for this device.
7. reboot pc.
8. now, let windows go online and atempt to update its drivers for the card.
verify that the cards drivers are installed, and head over to dells wep page and download its required drivers of softwre files.
install if needed.
reboot again.

now install the jaws dependancys, O C R and visual basic distributions packets  first. and then reboot pc,
after reboot. opne command prompt as admin and run this.
sfc /scannow
windows will do a file integrity check.
reboot if issues were found. otherwise skip to next step.
10. type this in run box.
%appdata%
delete all items in the temp folder. if file in use, just say skip file.

11. now retry the JFW  installer.
11. if this fails. pleas give us any error info. so we can see why the vidio accesability   fails to install.
AS a pc tech i am super interested to see exactly why this is happening.
ps. if system is using any thing other then english as its local language, please advise us as well.
take care.

There's a place for me in this universe.

2017-12-07 22:14:15

Hi. Will try this on weekend. I am a PC tech as well big_smile so will let you know if FS figures out what the issue was as i am very curious too. Why do you think i should create a new admin account though? Just curious what difference does that make.

2017-12-07 23:15:48

well, windows 10 is pretty terrible. I have windows 10 on a laptop at school with jaws 16 and the damn thing lags like hell.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-12-07 23:15:50

may actually be worth trying the fsc /scannow before you try that full method. does very often fix weird issues like that.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-12-07 23:31:55

Perhaps the damn thing just isn't good enough. On a good hardware and setup, windows 10 can only be faster. Regarding SFC: I've thought about that also, sadly it said that everything is allright.

2017-12-08 02:09:33

hey nidza07, glad to find a fellow pc tech on here. smile. right, the reason for me suggesting to create a new admin account first is because we ruel out any issues pertaining to user permissions, or file permission, or even any odditeys that windows may have. we forcing it to generate new user tokens from scratch. if, the errors is pertaining to windows installer /update as another user suggested, before we even get in to that, we have to start with rueling out the small things first.
i'd really love to see those logs when they do come out. to see exactly why its failing.
i already have a theory, but i really don't wanna mention it yet, since i'd be jumping the gun.
but hey, when u working on that pc again. also try the following.
do me a favour, and run a chkdsk in read only mode. and let me know what it found.
run cmd in admin mode.
type
chkdsk
do not use any of the /f or /r peramitors.
once it runs in read only mode. let me know if any thing was found.

2017-12-08 12:26:59

Hi. I will try all that today when i come back from school, but for now you can read the installation longs if you're interested here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/04v3s7z8gyqvm … gs.7z?dl=1
Note: As you probably expect, they're quite large. Also, find it quite amusing that at first i've send them a mega.nz link, and the tech support person had issues downloading and requested some other place like DB.

2017-12-08 18:19:03

rite, I can see exactly ware it fails. when you home. we'll  try a few things. if they did not yet get back to you. i do see its not a updated windos build though, so we got quite a few things to try.

2017-12-08 19:02:19

CHKDSK does say there are no erros, just like sfc /scannow. I've tried what you recommended, though when i attempt deleting my graphics card drivers, it automatically puts back the driver from intel and later on updates it through windows update. The download available from dell's website is an older version of the driver which is pretty weird. About the error I get, it's the same one that's mentioned in the first post.

2017-12-08 19:15:04

yup. you see, the thing is,
what I'm trying to rule out is any graphics adapter errors, and chipset driver errors. before i tackle the root of the issue, witch pertains to the MSI  installer freaking out when it tries to install video accessibility.
now I'm trying to figure out, what exactly does the video accessibility MSI installer call upon when installing. I can see its moved it over successfully to the programs cache. but upon execution it fails. it makes me believe it is moaning about a registry key permission that it cant set. the error is some what generic, so its difficult to see why it complains.  Nidza, when you have some time, and if this is not a important install for you. and if u have a backup of your laptop drivers. would you be willing to try a few things for me, of witch one of them is called windows pc reset, instructing it to delete all your apps and files. and preserve nothing and reinstall from scratch, how ever before trying that option. can you download microsoft windows 10 update assistant, and see if u can upgrade to the latest creators build update? and see what we can do from there? upgrade first, then retry the install, then do pc reset, and then retry in stall again?
i've had one issue in the past with the MSI installer complaining about this error. but that was with a bluetooth package, and the reason for that was due to a corrupted reg key it would not delete. wich was, not linked to the packet it self. but rather to one of the dam devices it could not remove. this the installer failed every time it hit that reg key, as it could not delete, and, replace it.
it took me to export my dam reg key with the bothersome sub key  file to note pad. manually deleting the key, and then,  re importing it.

2017-12-08 22:36:05

Wow, I was almost shocked when I thought that jaws was still using that video intersepter dick. It destroyed my desktop completely.
And, you can try to install that video accessibility so you can do it outside the install, maybe it's the problem with jaws it self.
@orko and blindJedi
I have said all reddy what I think about Jaws vs nvda competition, so I won't go onto that, but you cant
Just that, say that the flamewar happend because someone suggested NVDA for the time being. To be honest it was Orko's defending of Jaws witch actually started the flamewar, but what ever, I guess that I will just be tagged as someone who's bitching about everything witch's payed and whatnot.

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.