2017-09-11 09:07:01

So having taken the time to create a European psn account, and having downloaded knights of valour, the game is indeed playable. Mostly side scrolling action, and the only complicated parts come in finding stage exits, but that can be done. I urge anyone who likes this genre of game, old school side scrolling hack n slashes, to give this a try... especially as it is free to play! I have no idea whatsoever about menus, stage structure, layouts, etc... but if a few of us put our heads together and hunt down some sighted help, this shouldn't be too bad. There isn't much of a story to speak of, only the first battle has narration in Chinese, most other ingame messages about objectives and such, I believe, are text only. Let's not miss out on this game... any game that is playable is usually worth the effort to figure it out.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-09-11 17:57:07

in my PSN store I see the game also, however all the things is in chinese, including the voices itself. there is no english version when I look at the free to play category

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-09-11 18:41:00

There are no English voices, but as I said, the only major scene is the first one, if I'm not mistaken. And if you are in the Asian store, you won't see the English version... only in the UK store will you get the English one. They left it undubbed, because there is so little dialog it made little sense to dub it. Characters probably have three or four lines each, maybe a couple more.

2017-09-11 20:12:51

And for anyone wondering why this game doesn't have more dialog, the company making this series is not a huge one... and they don't run on tripple A budgets. Take this, for example, the last game in the series, knights of valour 3 which was released in 2011. On the budget they had, this was what they came up with. Sounds like something out of the late 90s. Still cool, though, but that explains why this game isn't as tripple A as any other similar game in 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVMrfLIhxA0

2017-09-11 22:35:45

So this is only on PSN? Damn.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-09-12 01:03:30

Yep. And only in Europe, to boot.

2017-09-12 10:37:21

Well, it definitely is still playable. Beating a few more stages, though really have no idea what I am doing since I don't know anything about menus or stage layouts. There are apparently sounds when you pick up items, however, which is very handy.

2017-09-13 00:08:13

Well, I beat the first chapter out of 4... didn't have any idea of what was happening during the in between parts, because menus are still not forthcoming.. but the game is definitely completeable. And that's without touching the online parts, assists, or anything of the other features in this game yet! Wish I had visual help... or at least some way to get menus.

2017-12-03 08:36:01

Update... Knights of Valour is now on North American shores in the psn store.

2017-12-04 13:26:03

Downloaded this. Will try it out once my semester's over in 2 weeks give or take.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-12-05 00:46:40

No menus from me since I don't have any of them, and there's no story to speak of that's not narrated in Chinese. Good luck.. this game is a good romp, if nothing else.

2017-12-05 01:04:43

I mean to be fair streets of rage is nothing but a fun runaround, so I should be ok.

2017-12-05 19:29:52

This is true enough! Though it would be nice to have menus... skills and abilities, along with raising the difficulty, would make this game all that much more worth it.

2017-12-05 22:11:41

Does ps remote play not work? I was going to try it but it told me I couldn't log in.

2017-12-06 00:38:16

No idea in regards to that. Sorry. sad

2017-12-06 01:44:11

Fair enough. Will have to try it out and see if I can get it working. Even just reading menus would be a huge help.

2017-12-06 03:17:56

I was looking for some special games online and then bumped into FunForMobile. The website has a rich set of resources, not only games but also free ringtones for Android and iPhone, photos, funny videos, animation and more.

2019-05-07 13:46:40

So I just picked this up. With a combination of remote play and OCR, the menues are definitely doable. I learned a bunch of skills, collected rewards, and beat all of the chapters in the first stage. This game is pretty neat for sure. Although, being a free to play game, wow the characters and the like aren't cheap. Luckily the default character seems pretty good.

2019-05-07 16:08:38

I've beat most of the stages, but dropped the game after not having a lot to do because of the lack of ability to OCR menus and the like. I've probably aquired a fair amount of goodies though... lol.

2019-05-07 18:33:23

You can OCR with the remote play app on PC. It works surprisingly well. It's by no means perfect but you can tell what you're doing a lot of the time.

2019-05-07 23:05:37

Never got remote play set up to be honest.. I should figure that out.

2019-05-08 02:02:00

Can someone post up the menus here if it isn't too much trouble?

2019-05-08 11:12:58

Sure thing. I think maintanence is going on right now but will get some of the menues later this morning. Won't really be able to get things like equipment and shops and the like, because I think more things get added over time. Also, this game is interesting in that some menues wrap and others don't.

2019-05-08 11:43:27

Thanks

2019-05-08 13:08:13

Appreciate it as well! Though would like to set up remote play on my pc as well so I can get this kind of thing done and also stream in the future, potentially. It's nice to see this game is still being worked on... I still don't know really what else to do after finishing the few stages in story mode. From that standpoint, there isn't much... it's only a few chapters. lol