2017-11-30 03:46:22

First off, Chrome is my default browser.  I also use an app called Edge Deflector to allow me to use Chrome out of Cortana as opposed to Edge, and I like it that way, but after installing Jaws, My start menu results started opening in Internet Explorer as opposed to Chrome, but I am o longer using the Jaws method since NVDA works nicely for me, and is less annoying.    Any ideas?

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-11-30 04:54:51

actually nvda is nice for win  10  but jaws is not  this company is big frod

2017-11-30 05:01:56

Unless I'm mistaken, Windos 10 will detect if you have JAWS runnig and use IE.

2017-11-30 13:30:05

@prajwal

That Freedom Scientific is a fraud is only your opinion, and honestly, does saying that help answer G-Rad's question? No, it doesn't, it's just you spewing hateful remarks, if you can't say anything nice, try not saying anything at all.

2017-11-30 14:07:07

When I installed Jaws, it did switch to IE, but I reversed it by using System Restore.  Needless to say, I will try Jaws another day, but not right now.   I am happy with NVDA, plus Jaws seemed to use much more system resources.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-11-30 17:10:16

I believe I recall hearing that installing JAWS does set your browser to Internet Explorer because there are still issues with Edge. All you have to do is reset your preferred default browser to what you want after JAWS is installed.

2017-11-30 17:33:06

I tried that but it said my default browser is still Chrome, which is what it is.   I do like how Edge Deflector allows me to use Chrome with Cortana instead of Edge, however Edge Deflector has no effect  on the Jaws install.    It still held firm after removing all the Jaws components.  so I just said "Whatever"  haha.  That's why I ujust used a System Restore instead.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-11-30 19:26:41

Hmm. That does sound strange, as far as I know, JAWS is supposed to respect your choice for the default browser.

What version of JAWS did you install? I know Freedom Scientific changed to a new installer system with the release of JAWS 2018, maybe the new installer is screwing up?

2017-12-05 12:41:56

It was Jaws 18.    I wonder if it had something to do with Edge deflector?  I doubt it, but anythig's possible.   AH well, I'll try another day, as mentioned before.  One where I wasn't so annoyed.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2017-12-05 14:44:12

You never know when two programs simply don't like each other and refuse to get along.

If NVDA is working for you, unless you like having an alternate available, why bother with it if it won't play nice?

2017-12-05 16:18:31

Exactly.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel