2017-11-13 22:33:28

hi all,
Actually for multiple type decks, I used to use a ghost/dark deck, which worked fine. Maybe dragon/fire would be good. A dragon/fire deck should hit everything at at least neutral damage.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2017-11-14 01:58:41

Wow! I finally beat the counsil, and I have to say, there's quite a few new cards in the beta 54! I have to beat the counsil more than once to get them all. Actually, I wrote what types had new cards, and I am going to go through them individually to get the cards. lol
Pretty cool though.
I wonder if there will be even more cards in beta 55? rofl. smile
Well, if there is, can't wait for new version! Actually, I should relax, I need to take care of these first.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-11-14 02:00:52 (edited by cj89 2017-11-14 02:01:27)

for the GC I just use a basic ice deck that I rigged together like 10 versions ago. That being said all my decks are super out of date. I have most of the new cards, I still need to run through and get the latest one from the last version or so. There's definitely room for serious type crunching, but the fact is that the GC is completely random each time so there's that.

2017-11-14 02:23:21

actually I recommended an electric/water deck a bit back. Don't do that. I completely missed the grass weakness, though if you don't get a grass opponent, you ought to be fine.

Also, I was unable to play pokemon when the fairy type came out so don't know all that it has to offer, but know from friends who still play that is slaughters dragons and is really weak to steel. It also I think is resistant to fire, but not sure. If that is the case a dragon/fire deck will have trouble with a fairy opponent.

I know dragon's weak to both steel and ice so that might be good if you struggle with dragons.

also, was thinking about something said above about wishing for alternate sound effects for the game. On my iPad I have gotten the  audiogames hub. There is a version of simon on it and one of the little prizes you can get for it are sound packs that alter the sounds the little buttons make on the screen. I love all the unlockables in Crazy Party because it gives you something to work for, perhaps a new set of unlockables could be alternate sound settings for games, for example "realistic animal sounds" for the games that have stuff like ducks or the turtle or stuff like that, 8-bit sounds for sfx in some games instead of the normal sfx, or even the ability to map music tracks of your choice onto a game when possible. (the Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games series had, in later games, the ability to unlock music tracks and make whichever one you wanted play while you were playing certain events. for example, you could make the theme from Sonic and the seven rings play while you were playing badminton or you could play the Mario Puzzle pplank galaxy theme play on that event or trampoline if you wanted to tailor it to your taste.  so similarly you could make whatever song you felt like from any game you unlocked play for "the princess' kittens." you felt like or maybe you had to unlock the option for each game. Just thinking of ways to give people with a lot of completion already other stuff to do.

2017-11-14 03:48:18

I have a few suggestions for a future version of Crazy Party. First, you should be able to play unlocked mini games as many times as you want without having to pay gems. Also we should be able to try a mini game we lost with coins we have in our money box, rather than being evicted from the world after losing all our coins in the world. We also should be able to replace sound effects that we do not like with ones we do. Those are all the suggestions I have for you.

Phoenix

2017-11-14 04:26:34

I have some good cards but a couple of them I don't get all the terminology. How do parry and reaction cards work? I have a number of sound-based normal cards but not sure if I can sling them together even though one of them is nice and powerful if you have other sound cards. But "echo" reacts to other sound attacks made against you which really isn't an issue right now as far as I can tell in my games and people I'll be fighting. If it reacted to my own sound cards I'd be a powerhouse. though and I have several sound cards that build off of others. Also don't know how the discard/exile vary from one another.

2017-11-14 12:07:15

I think the difference between discard and exile is that the discard refers to cards you junk, while the exile refers to cards you've already played, though I am not sure.

I still need to make myself a better deck since I've got all my single type decks from beta 48, and usually beat the grand council with my ice deck, heavily relying on freeze which obviously isn't ideal.
Boards are cool though, and I love online boardgames, though it is a little irritating in boardgames when people time out on me and I'm hosting.

If I bang up a  server anyone is of course welcome to chip in big_smile.

Btw, I can't host normally, but if I use the redirect port with mini upnp option everything works fine, I wish there was something like that for manamon, but ah well.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-14 12:43:39

@Dark well for Manamon and any application that needs ports to be forwarded, there is this program that sends commands to Mini UPNP, the same piece of software that enables us to forward Crazy Party's ports:
http://darkflier.com/softs/PortForwarder.zip
Regarding the exile, it is in fact the cards that you were forced to junk, at the exception of the nostalgic hand and the hand in the fire cards (there might be other cards I forgot) which let you junk cards yourself to your exile, but the rule in general is that an exile is formed by the cards junked outside the discard pile that will not be mixed with the latter when it is empty, but you or your opponent would rather find a way to draw them or else they will not be considered for the rest of the combat.

2017-11-14 13:13:03

I do agree having more stuff to unlock would be kinda cool, there's a huge gap between like 25 gems and 250... lol

2017-11-14 14:41:34 (edited by pulseman45 2017-11-14 14:42:28)

@1,133: I believe Fire resists Fairy, so a Dragon/Fire deck may be a good idea indeed.
I got all the new cards a few days ago, thanks to some decks I made since Beta48 (dark/insect, psychic/plant, psychic/ice -which might be the most effective deck I made so far- and the more recent psychic/normal, psychic/fire and water/fire). Yes, I should start experimenting more without psychic type, but it works.

2017-11-14 15:01:38

Dragon fire is exactly what I used. smile Worked pretty good. Still got a ways go before I have all the new cards, but I'm getting there. I might try the ice against the counsil, everyone's saying it works, so I might try it. Maybe I'll make the psychic ice deck.

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-11-15 22:38:32

OK, I'm getting really aggirvated. Something is going on where every time I click on Crazy Party.exe, it gets deleted. EIther that, or I get some crazy message, like this program is not compatible with your version of windows, or something to that effect. I don't understand why it keeps getting deleted, I have windows defender turned off, and I'm not running any other virous protecter, only spywear, I'm running malibites.
Anyone having this problem?

2017-11-15 23:39:28

That happened once back in beta 48 to me but It's been going well for me since. I didn't get a message or anything just went to play and the main program file was gone.

Happy about the 4 new normal cards you can get from the normal arena, also found I have a good thing going with my fire/normal deck, though it will be even better when I get rid of some useless cards and focus the thing a bit better. Also, for those of you who haven't used the card, sound surge is pretty darn good, but for a level 22 card, it better be. I used it against the slapping witch and it saved my butt.

2017-11-15 23:47:03

This is the first time this disappearing thing is happening to me. It didn't happen in any earlier versions, just 54. Ugh, it's so annoying, cause it's happening every time I click on the file, now I can't play the game at all.

2017-11-15 23:54:58

I'm not very techy, but maybe someone else in the community might have some ideas. Failing that, save the "saveguarde" file somewhere, get rid of the crazyparty you have, redownload and reinstall and then put in the saveguarde file from your last installation and things should be good as new with no progress lost.

2017-11-16 02:21:39

I was wondering if it is possible to replace sound effects you do not like with ones you do. There are some sound effects I really do not care to hear.

Phoenix

2017-12-03 13:58:54

Crazy Party 55 is available

2017-12-04 03:27:47

Cool, here is the changelog for anyone who's interested:
beta55

Crazy Party is now available in Russian.
All the decks are now in txt files and the game can manage them of course. When you launch Crazy Party a first time with an old save file, the game will try to convert the old decks into txt files. It is recommanded to make a backup of the save file and the txt decks before that.
The decks can have up to 80 cards.
In a battle, you can press the keys HOME and END in your hand.
Some new battle cards.
Some old card are changed: the coagulation factor junks now in the discard, the lightning rod is now level 1, and some other minor changes.
New try to fix the network bugs.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-04 03:39:01

Oh, Cool! 80 cards is going to be a real game changer, no pun intended, as it will now require actually that people incorporate more different kinds of cards and strategies into their decks if they care to take full advantage.

I'll probably convert to 55 next time I play online, and I have a way to keep the save files from screwing up via the very simple way I manage the game with some cutting and pasting but leaving each version of the game in its own folder.

But really pleased by this one.

2017-12-04 15:42:15

Yo, Pragma, you really need to update the topic name to say Beta 55.
You did it for every version in the past, so I was 3 versions behind without knowing it, since the game doesn't have automatic checking for updates on startup.
I thought I should say something since 55 just came out and it still hasn't changed, but yeah, allot of people use the topic name as an indicator.

2017-12-05 16:42:19 (edited by pulseman45 2017-12-05 16:45:48)

Yeah I like the changes; I especially love how fairy type gets nerfed (with lullaby not as powerful as it was a few versions ago), but gets a few interesting new cards.

2017-12-05 21:52:29

I've only got 3 worlds open, 2 boards, and I'm just getting ready to play the fighting gym with my nice flying deck, but this game continues to impress. I love all the card battle updates but I really want a fifth board or a new adventure map or even some new modes of play that we can unlock. That said, the game kicks butt as is now, so I'm not complaining. I'm excited about expanding my decks, though  since now I've got more room and I hope there is some more stuff I can get out of the flying gym because even though I am only done with a couple arenas, I've played them both multiple times and  have almost all the flying cards from that gym already.  because there weren't a lot of them.

I purposefully only play one game per day because I don't want to be burnt out on such a great game and no matter how awesome a game is, it risks that if it gets too much play.

2017-12-05 23:32:29

I haven't played with the new battle cards yet, but this will give me an excuse to reconstruct literally all of my decks. I'm actually more excited to see some new worlds/games because I've beaten battle to death. That being said it can still be fun, but I don't play battle nearly as much now. I'm all in favour of more things to unlock, I'm wondering if that is the eventual plan as 25 to 50 to like... 250 gems seems a bit of a steep curve. At least when you've unlocked pretty much everything else. Only games I don't have unlocked are the majority of the maths ones, and maybe like 2 misc minigames? I love being able to tell what ones that have bonus games now.

2017-12-05 23:39:56

just wondering, you got the city level yet, it is only a few versions old and you can get it from the castle, I know where but don't want to spoil it if you want to find it. I don't have it unlocked yet but I always come really close to getting it when I get there. Next level I plan to play is the castle again, except I'm going to go right after weeding the woods rather than left, but on previous saves I've had, that flower thing at the waterfall stinks. But I've played that game in multi-player and in the quiet woods board and I'm getting better.

Just wondering, if I go the route that passes by the Princess' garden and the flowers waterfall, does it open somewhere other than the beach? I've got the beach already.

Also, stupid question, but besides for bragging rights, is there any point to levels (that is the level you have based on how many coins you have in your coin box?) or does stuff like "you are now level 11" not matter at all?

2017-12-05 23:52:51

Yep smile unlocked city. Also nope, at this time level does absolutely nothing from what I can tell