2017-12-02 12:15:17 (edited by kevin.glaap 2017-12-02 12:23:15)

Hello,
I know it's been a few months since we first released episode 1 of our game Code 7, but today we are finally ready to get a few of you to test the episode. We're finally happy with the blind-friendly version of the episode and hope for your feedback.

Of course, we'd prefer Kickstarter backers and people who have already bought the game. I know there are some of you here.
Please tell me who you are and what operating system you are using and I'll send a private message with a personal download link to a few of you.

We're hoping to not run into drastic problems and then release the blind-friendly mode later next week.

We're also planning a charity sale to celebrate the release of the blind-friendly mode for episode 1, where 10% of all sales go to a blind community here in Germany. Please tell me what you think about that.

2017-12-02 15:07:49

Hi,
I didn't back the game on kick starter honestly.
How ever, I bought ep1 from humble store when it is released.
Am I still able to test the game?

2017-12-02 15:09:11

sure. just tell me your operating system.

2017-12-02 16:33:54

hi my windows is 10

2017-12-02 16:38:31

kevin.glaap wrote:

sure. just tell me your operating system.

I use windows 10.

2017-12-02 17:10:59

Hi, I didn’t back  The game, but I’ve pre-ordered it a day before release. My operating system is Windows 10

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-12-02 17:29:49

Great. You all got download codes. The next codes are for Mac users.

2017-12-02 19:06:33

Hi, I am downloading it now. Thanks. I will give you feedback. I will stay logged in and I will post here when finished. This is an honour to test this wonderful game.

2017-12-02 20:26:02

Hi.
Well I think I brought your bundle the entire set of epesodes on sale when it first came out, on itch.io at least it says I have it.
my name is shaun everiss, username is crashmaster on itch same as here.
I use win7 64 bit right at the moment.
Am I to late to get in on the action.
also do I need to get ep0 or does ep0 come with 1.

2017-12-02 20:49:12

I can‘t make more codes right now, sorry. Maybe I‘ll have time later.
However, you can play episode 0 right away. You could have already played it when you first bought it.

2017-12-02 21:08:15

Hi, Kevin, please don’t remove the link yet. I’m having difficulties downloading the game. Can you please look into it? My Wi-Fi connectivity seems to be pretty low, 200 kB per second at least. I promise I am not giving the game to anybody.

2017-12-02 23:04:18

Hi kevin.
I have played ep0 before but I may play it again just to refresh myself.
When you can though I'd like to get in the test team if I can.
If not then it doesn't matter, I own the game on itch, in fact I own the entire trilogy so I will eventually get them when they go anyway.
But all the same if you get time to make another code for me I'd like that muchly.
Thanks

2017-12-03 01:18:10

made another code. you got a PM

2017-12-03 04:56:33

Thanks I'll check those now.
Its a real shame there are no notifications one can have on the website about pms, you either have to email people outside forum which is usually what I prefur or tell them you have sent a pm, I'll check out the pm.
Thanks.

2017-12-03 06:30:23 (edited by crashmaster 2017-12-03 06:48:43)

Kevin.
Sorry to say this, but I can't get your file.
It runs to between 35-87% then crashes out and simply quits trying.
I tried ie, the file downloaded and stopped.
My other brouser waterfox which started the download got to 35% then simply quit trying to download and every time I tried download a 0 byte file there after.
I resorted to getright, a program that while I own I havn't used in ages and ages.
The file gets to round 90% and then just crashes out for some reason.
And this is with nothing else being online as soon as I try to do something else the file simply stops all together.
I have a vdsl connection with a 16-20mbps download speed, and I was getting between 200 and 600kbps download speed.
Is there any way you could dropbox or give me a cloud or direct file link.
If you can't then I will have to ask another tester for the file.
Sorry but I have been online for an hour trying to get this.
Every time it stops it restarts from the start.
In desperation I remoted into a business i5 quadcore server I maintain for someone that has chrome on it.
The file downloaded quite fast but round77% it crashed out even though the program tried to resume.
Kevin, unless you can get your box to work for me and other testers or find another way for a stable download, then this aint worth our time.
Its certainly not worth mine.
I have now spent over 1.5 hours trying to get this game from your servers!
I have now run out of time to even think of getting your file today.
Tomorrow is monday, the only day where I devote fully to tests, hacks and any experimentation I will try what you have sent however if you can email me with a dropbox link or something which will not fail and that I can resume that will be fine.
Has any other tester managed to get this file, I have tried on wireless and wired, the connection I have usually is fast, bar my box no other system bar the phone and printer are running and neither are being used right now.
Its almost like the server just resets or times out as I have the speed.

2017-12-03 11:28:27

Hi,
Thanks so much kevin for the link.
I have downloaded the game and now I already completed 22% of the game.
Everything is working grate so far.
How ever, there is a bit of a problem, a small one, not a one that breaks the game or something, and that's why I said that everything is working fine.
It is just that sometimes I find that shortcut keys don't work from the first try.
Like ctrl+i or ctrl+m. Or even the ctrl+v for turning on the blind friendly mode.
You see, they work yes, but sometimes it take me 2 tries or some times 3 to get it working.
An other thing is that I really would like you guys to add the ability to change the tts voice.
It will be really awesome, now I am stuck with Microsoft Zira.
The thing is, it seems that the speed of the tts voice is effected by the speed I have set in the text to speech options in the control panel, how ever, it doesn't take the voice I have set into account.
I mean that no matter what default voice I have set in the text to speech options in the control panel, it still picks Microsoft Zira.
Keep up the work guys, I honestly so much enjoyed what I have played so far, can't express this enough.
Thanks for the grate work.

2017-12-03 11:30:50

sorry that you‘re having problems, but other people don‘t have these problems. I already got messages from other testers that they have successfully downloaded the file. This is just a regular file download, nothing fancy and I also tried it just now.
You may ask the other testers if they can send you the file. Did you check your disk space or memory? The file is rather large at over 500 megabytes.

2017-12-03 11:32:11

Hi mohamed, you got the download to work.
How long did it take to get the entire file, I have tried several times and I still can not get the file.
The closest I have got to is 91% but then it crashes out and resets.

2017-12-03 11:36:58

hi mohamad,
we did have the discussion about choosing the voice in the original episode 0 thread and it is possible on Mac OS X. However, the system I am using for Windows doesn‘t allow me to read out the available voices sadly.
So right now we are stuck with Zira. I know it‘s not the best option, but I have no idea how to access the list of voices.
Sorry.

But I‘m glad you like the overall game.

2017-12-03 11:41:29

by the way mohamad.
can you tell me your current story progress? At what point of the game are you?
Depending on your choices 22% can mean that you‘re on different positions in the game.

2017-12-03 11:56:09

crashmaster I send you another PM with a new link.

2017-12-03 11:57:37

Hmmm.
Tried it on another system with a different browser and still got the issue, I have the space, and the connection.
Its weird I can't do it, but I am trying again this time with straight ie.
In case this doesn't work can someone that has the file dropbox it and give me a link thanks.

2017-12-03 11:59:22

is the epesode0 part of this or do I need to get that to to recap

2017-12-03 12:05:52

episode 0 is part of this. i send you a PM with a new download link.

2017-12-03 12:06:36

Hi, may I please get a private message with a dropbox link? I have been trying to download the game for about 10 hours, that’s an estimate. It keeps on saying that the download has failed. I have the space, my connection is about 200 to 300 kB per second. That shouldn’t be a problem. I have downloaded it about 10 times and it has never worked.  I have also used two different webbrowsers onmultiple occasions.