2017-12-02 20:25:23

Hey guys!

Well, today I finally managed to do something that I've been wanting to do for the longest time: I installed Windows 10 on my Mac using Boot Camp, then downloaded the Steam client and created an account.

It was a bit tricky, especially since I don't really use Windows a lot, but using the many awesome tips and tricks on here I was able to get it all set up eventually.

So then, I began looking into which mainstream game I should start with and soon came across Skullgirls, which I then purchased and downloaded.

And really, I guess that was probably the best choice I could have made, as it really is totally amazing what the developer has done in order to get this to work with screen readers!
Also, I picked up and dusted off my Logitech Cordless Rumble Pad 2, which I think I received as a Christmas present a very long time ago, but which I have never actually used for anything really.
That setup was very painless and I was excited to see that Skullgirls recognized the controller in no time.
Not sure how most of you guys play this and similar games, but I'm pretty sure that using a controller is much more efficient than using the keyboard, but please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

So here I am, just managed to complete some of the tutorials, though I'm still not sure how to do any of the advanced moves / combos. But then, I've never really played any such games previously, so I guess that's normal...
I'll probably just have to figure this out step-by-step, but was wondering if there might be anybody on here who may be willing to help me out?

Some tips would definitely be greatly appreciated, or if anybody would be interested on doing a Skype session and doing some online fights, that would be totally awesome.
I could probably just create a lobby and try fighting whoever decides to join, but since I'll probably end up failing horribly, I think I'd rather wait until my skills are a little more developed, haha!

Also, 2 quick questions:
1. Right now, I'm not feeling any force feedback in my gamepad when fighting, even when I'm being hit. Is this the intended / recommended behavior, or is it something that I can / should enable somehow?
2. For those of you who are more experienced playing this game, is it actually possible to successfully battle sighted players online, or would they have too much of an advantage as they'd be able to see the screen? Not sure if this question makes any sense in the context of this game, but I remember playing Audio Quake years ago, where you could also connect to mainstream Quake servers, but killing sighted players was pretty much impossible for the most part.

Well, that's it from me right now!

Thanks for reading my rather lengthy post, looking forward to hearing from y'all! :-)

Robin

2017-12-02 20:52:31

The last questions:
1: I've never had the controller vibrate when playing Skullgirls, I don't think its supported unfortunately.

2: I don't think its impossible to beat sighted players online. I think higher level competitive play would not be possible, but I think online play in general could be doable. If you try it, keep in mind that initially you will be ranked against random players that don't match your skill level so you may be obliterated regardless.

For tips:
Don't attempt to play as a team of two or three first. Learn the game mechanics and how a single character plays, then branch out. Play through that character's tutorial and a story/some arcade modes on normal to learn how the flow of the game works.
If you are stuck with any tutorial section, you can play the game and come back to it later. Playing the game will most likely help you learn enough to get through it.
Don't just throw out attacks randomly. A lot of them leave you slow to recover after hitting or being blocked randomly so your opponent can hit you with a faster attack and combo you.

Learn what the notations mean and practice using them a lot:

• lp, mp, hp: light punch, medium punch, heavy punch

• lk, mk, hk: light kick, medium kick, heavy kick.

• qcf, qcb: quarter circle forward (down, down forward, forward) quarter circle back (down, down back, back)

• dp (dragon punch): forward, down forward, forward

• Charge motion: For parasoul for example, for her napalm shots you have to hold back for a set amount of time, then quickly hit forward and a punch.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-12-02 21:02:25

Hi
I'm not good at this game, but I've played it some time.
It would be awesome to play online against someone else from this forum.
If you're interested, do tell smile
- NicklasMCHD

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2017-12-02 22:42:43

Hi, I am terrible at this game. I would love to learn how it is played though. If you want to play online, please tell us?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2017-12-02 22:49:32

hi,
i should play skullgirls again i must complete 2 more characters i hope we can play with mary
and who want add me in skype skypename is derbruedi

2017-12-03 02:47:33

Hey all,

thanks a lot for all the wonderful advice!
Stewie, I really appreciate your list of important notations, as I was still a little confused about those, so you certainly clarified a lot of stuff for me right there!

Yeah, would be loads of fun to play online and perhaps have a Skype call going at the same time!
My Skype name is robin_kipp - anyone interested is welcome to add me on there!

Robin

2017-12-03 07:59:34

my problem is,can not see who play with me when online,just a switch keyboard,and start button

2017-12-03 13:06:37

Is this game on PC only?

2017-12-03 20:01:41

@8 No. But to get the accessibility features you need to get the pc version.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2017-12-03 20:10:33

If anyone wants to play I am in. I didn't play this for a while but I need to get back to the game.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-12-03 20:43:04

I don't really play too often now, would love to play online though. Haven't gotten to do that very much.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-12-05 01:06:17

Just let me know if someone wants to play. smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-12-12 20:06:21

hi i have a problem i want play online but cant see my enemy i want play it with a friend but cant see him when he creates a loby or when i create.