2017-12-01 11:00:51 (edited by Mads 2017-12-01 11:03:34)

Oh no. That’s a BIG Bunch of bots...
And also @Dark
What about Lindworm

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

Thumbs up

2017-12-01 14:34:30

Well since I am being required, I might as well post here, so that way people can get to know me a bit better.

My name is Gerad.  I am a musician based out of the DFW Texas area.  My main instrument is drums, but I do play guitar, bass guitar, keys, and do some vocal work.  I am on the Bass Mekanik Roster under my nickname, G-Rad.  I have two albums out on iTunes: Audio Implosion, and Subsonic Guillotine, and am currently, as of this post, working on a third titled "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes.  Additionally, I am a sports fan, but not avid, Just follow it a bit.  Also, I am  into some electronics, computers, and my favorite game type is RPG, more specifically JRPG's such as Final Fantasy, Breath of Fire, etc.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

Thumbs up

2017-12-01 17:32:30

Stupid bots, their names sound like randomly generated demon titles.
And they actually use(spam) and (generic spam) as filler text, how pethetic.
Was this bot written by a 13 year old.
Feel free to remove my message when bots are removed if you want.

Thumbs up

2017-12-01 17:44:39

I'm not sure if I have to post here because I've already posted a fair amount here, but hell, why not.
I've been into audiogaming for most of my life, although not quite as much in the last couple years as I'm going to school to study computer science.
I would also love to say hello to our friendly neighbourhood spambots. The internet just wouldn't be the same without the amusement you provide us, and I would love to buy some generic spam for myself, it is after all my greatest hope to be a spambot some  day.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

Thumbs up

2017-12-01 18:47:57

@Lindworm, much appologies for missing your introduction yesterday as  Mads mentioned, your now unrestricted so I hope you enjoy the forum and don't midn the wait (as you might have gathered spambots are a bit of a thing).

Good gravy! I have just had to manually ban, and delete  one by one the posts  38 spambots.

The  ban messages were sort of funny, starting with "go away spammer" going through "go away you dirty wrotten filthy spammer" into the teretory of "go to hell! go to hades! go anywhere but here!"  progressing through ""I want to pull your nostrel hairs out with a set of rusty pliers" and finally into a resigned phase of I hate you" before settling down to an ending of "die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die!"

As you might gather I really! don't like spambots right now big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-01 20:40:00

Yeah but imagine how astronomically worse it would be if it made multiple topics in different forums.

Thumbs up

2017-12-02 02:47:27

Eh, now I've always got a place to come check for amusement, and interesting things from the non spambots. So...

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

Thumbs up

2017-12-05 14:50:24

Hey, Samar here
I like this place so much so I decided to join and discuss audio games with ou
I currently play razy party mini games but I'm open to suggestions for other cool games

Thumbs up

2017-12-05 15:58:18

I am Faraz Qureshi working as a Director marketting in Software house. I like to play online games

Thumbs up

2017-12-05 18:18:29

Hello there,

My name is Jack Simms. I am a student at the University of Baltimore and am currently taking a course in making Audio Only games. We are making one such game as a final project, so I am looking forward to any helpful  can get from this forum.

Thank you,

Jack S.

Thumbs up

2017-12-05 18:19:50

Helpful feedback*

Thumbs up

2017-12-05 23:53:45

I'm Timothy and I'm currently learning how to develop audio only games

Thumbs up

2017-12-06 18:22:11

Wow, quite the influx of new members.

@Samar, Hi and welcome, Crazy party rocks  there are a lot of other good games around too, hope you find your way to some.

@farazqureshi, hope you have fun, around here too, again lots of online games from muds to competitive stuff on ios to browser games and online arcade games like crazy party.

@Jack, anyone working on audiogames is always welcome, and we've got a lot of students from Baltimore already registered, we look forward to seeing what you come up with game wise and trying it out.

@Timothy, as I said to Jack, anyone developing audiogames is definitely welcome, and we hope to test out what you come up with.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-12-06 20:34:35

hi all:
my name is mohammad and i'm from algeria, audiogaming and sleeping are my life hahaha.

Thumbs up

2017-12-07 02:31:05

Hi Mohammad, well audiogames is what we do around here, though being as it's now nearly one in the morning and I'm hear writing this, sleeping is less common big_smile.
Hope you have a good time.

2017-12-13 09:12:41

Sendermen wrote:

This forum is flooded by spam bots. If you're a new user, your account is marked as restricted. Please do properly introduce yourself to show you're not a spam bot. Moderators will then whitelist your new account. So tell us who you are and why you want to chime in.
-- Sendermen

Hi,
I am Qureshi, I love playing games my favorite game is Call of Duty all of it's release. This forum is about gaming so I think I can make a great contribution.
Regards

Thumbs up

2017-12-13 14:41:29 (edited by aaron 2017-12-13 14:44:06)

Hi,
@qureshimarwat welcome, unfortunately I don't know if I still have the ability to add you to the member areas yet, so forum user @Dark may have to do that.
It'll be cool to have you around in case anyone here tries Call of Duty, although you might have to help out with typing out menu guides and stuff. A lot of us here are totally blind, and are looking forward to fighting games, but we don't know what characters look like and we like to know about menus, and we like talking to sighted people as well. Basically, in a fighting game, a lot of them are in stereo, and you can hear your characters moving around. Call of Duty the fps style of games are trickier for now because you have to know where to go and there aren't enough audio cues for moving around the maps yet, but hopefully, one day, this can be fixed although it might take years.
I know this all probably looks slightly weird to you right now when you see it from this perspective, but if you stick around for a while and look at what games come out, you may find yourself getting more curious. You'll also see (hear?) some of our own audiogames, games created by our own developers here.
I hope you stick around and feel free to contribute, it's awesome to get more fully sighted people involved.

Thumbs up

2017-12-13 18:45:44

Forum user dark has indeed done that big_smile.

Hope you have fun on the forum and find our site and the games and such interesting.

2017-12-15 09:54:44

hhi all.
my name is Tylah, and that is all you are getting out of me.
I love gaming, and hope to come level with some of the programmers out there. I am currently learning BGT, and its quite complicated.
I'm currently playing swamp. my username is marky on there, and hope to see you all soon.
I love music, and if you probably know me, I like to sing alot.
I'm rambling here, but it clearly says "restricted - new users, introduce yourself!" so I am.
I'm known to rage quit from time to time, but I'm quite  fun at times. oh, just to clarify, I also love the sb series by  Mason Armstrong, probably spelling it wrong.
anyways, thats enough from me, and  hope to chat to yall soon.

I'm a nube. don't always have to listen to me. But everyone has opinions. and opinions can be heard

Thumbs up

2017-12-15 15:11:42

Greetings Sbggamer and welcome.

You don't have! to say anything specifically in this topic, just enough of an intro so that we can be sure your a human and not a spambot, though of course having a few words of introduction for  new members is always nice.

We have a lot of fans of Swamp and sb around here (I'm up for the odd bit of zombie slaughter myself), so  you should find plenty of like minded people and hopefully have a good time, maybe discovering some new games in the process too big_smile.

Your account is now unrestricted, so have fun.

2017-12-20 03:39:40

Hi, dear All! I am the newbie!
I am a big fan of Jeff Hardy even though he is not in his day of WWE. I love playing the role play game of Jeff of the WWE.  If you are free, you can tell me and lets playing games together, bro.

Thumbs up

2017-12-20 03:41:39

hardy.jeff wrote:

Hi, dear All! I am the newbie!
I am a big fan of Jeff Hardy even though he is not in his day of WWE. I love playing the role play game of Jeff of the WWE.  If you are free, you can tell me and let's play the games together, bro.

And I don't know why my account is restricted???? Anybody tell me?

Thumbs up

2017-12-20 13:39:39

it's because of the spam bots. if you on't understand, read the first post.

Thumbs up

2017-12-20 17:26:55

@Hardy.Jeff, this is a forum devoted to audiogames, ie, games using sound accessible to blind and visually impared people.
If your interested in this subject  your very welcome, however I'm afraid at the moment I'm not entirely sure whether your a human or not, given that you have posted essentially the same message twice and don't really mention anything about yourself or about audiogames (I'm afraid I have no idea who jeff Hardy is and given most users on this forum are blind, playing games on consoles like the Wii is an interesting prospect to say the least).

if you are indeed a human and would like your account to be unrestricted, please feel free to set me straight and say a little more.

2017-12-21 05:17:53

Hi everyone. The kind folks at the /r/Blind subreddit directed me here. I'm a game developer that's interested in making my games accessible.

Thumbs up +1