2017-11-20 04:14:13

Dragomier wrote:

Ashaman,
  I have not been playing very long, but I have noticed some spelling and gramatical mistakes. I come to you with a proposition: I will edit the game for you, if you have need of it. I know it is a far reaching proposition, but I am a writer myself and am more than willing to do this.

I'm guessing you're playing an A1 build?  If so, I've actually dropped most of the game's content through a spell checker which I assume will have fixed much of what you have noticed.

That said, I'm always interested in bringing talented individuals into the project.  Writers particularly (The proof reading would be very welcome as well.) would be welcome as I want to encourage people to create content for the game which I would in turn drop into the game.  The writers would get full credit for their work and the extra content would help to grow the game faster than I could on my own.

If you're honestly interested in contributing, feel free to shoot me a PM and we can talk about it further.

2017-11-20 04:51:15

No sadly I am not a writer, not a serious one at any rate.
I have never written anything big mostly instructions for people, sometimes I get a spirt and write a story but I have never really been able to stay on task and certainly not for adult based anything.
I guess I could play through the things and proofread I guess but not really I did notice there is a my in the description of the dining room.
I can move about the house but thats basically it.
One thing you should probably add in are object minipulations and such, for example the nightstand, you clearly need to go to that to advance the main story.
It would also be a good idea for you to have a meal after you use the bathroom at least I do this myself, wash, shave, use the bathroom, have dinner, maybe do some gym.
Now I'd imagine this is not the time I go on my computer but since this is my first day, I'd think you would go outside.
Now maybe add the options in where you release the slaves and sell the mantion, ofcause that could basically trigger a bad end or another story arc probably a bad end.
Now as for locations I really don't care for moving about going back and forth with nvda over the bars, then going where ever.
Maybe each location could have a way to go back to another one.
Also the option to talk gives a default thingy about well this will be the place its not much to look at.
I assume this is written in twine, for the case of accessability, maybe put a edit box for the user to type in commands, and just refresh the pages with this, or simply play without the sidebar and just I don't know, right now the layout is a bit back and forth, I can play that way but it can be a bit slow.

2017-11-20 05:37:07

crashmaster wrote:

No sadly I am not a writer, not a serious one at any rate.
I have never written anything big mostly instructions for people, sometimes I get a spirt and write a story but I have never really been able to stay on task and certainly not for adult based anything.
I guess I could play through the things and proofread I guess but not really I did notice there is a my in the description of the dining room.
I can move about the house but thats basically it.
One thing you should probably add in are object minipulations and such, for example the nightstand, you clearly need to go to that to advance the main story.
It would also be a good idea for you to have a meal after you use the bathroom at least I do this myself, wash, shave, use the bathroom, have dinner, maybe do some gym.
Now I'd imagine this is not the time I go on my computer but since this is my first day, I'd think you would go outside.
Now maybe add the options in where you release the slaves and sell the mantion, ofcause that could basically trigger a bad end or another story arc probably a bad end.
Now as for locations I really don't care for moving about going back and forth with nvda over the bars, then going where ever.
Maybe each location could have a way to go back to another one.
Also the option to talk gives a default thingy about well this will be the place its not much to look at.
I assume this is written in twine, for the case of accessability, maybe put a edit box for the user to type in commands, and just refresh the pages with this, or simply play without the sidebar and just I don't know, right now the layout is a bit back and forth, I can play that way but it can be a bit slow.

Fair enough, never hurts to test the waters from time to time.  wink

I'll go run down that "my" right now.

Eventually, I want to leave the world open so that the player can do anything they wish, but with prompts for meal times and such.  Then it would be up to the player to play the game as they see fit.  I  could easily picture people falling into patterns of behavior like you mentioned.

Yeah, parting with the mansion WOULD trigger a game ending event.  That said, I could picture eventually adding endings involving the sale of the mansion (Both good and bad ends).

I have a three click rule.  I want to make it so that if a player is in a "hub" that they can reach any other location within three clicks.  For example, reaching the bathroom in the master bathroom is one of the furthest places to reach in the house, from the entry hall, you move to the hallway, then the master bedroom, then the master bath.  Three clicks.  Same with items in the sidebar, or outside once the mansion grounds start getting added.  My hope is that the "back and forth" as you put it won't be too bad if everything is within easy reach.

Discussions with the girls is something I have started writing, but I've got a few other things that are higher priority to get into the game at the moment.  Not the next build, but the one that follows will likely be where the Talk option gets added to the game.

2017-11-20 06:20:08

Ashaman, PM sent.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-11-20 06:35:20

I just tried the A 1 B version, and I'm curious, can you actually do anything? I tried talking to Anna about six times. Nothing happens. Ever.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-11-20 06:41:07

I like the way it is now, no need to fiddle with commands.

Muds have commands. Need to see your inventory? type a command and try to memorise the list.

With this, pull up the list, click on what you want, and boom, done.

Mainstream games are done like this.

The blind community have shortcut keys for practically everything and at times they can be quite overwhelming.

A compromise would be to have both.

This is why I don't play muds, because for things like combat, you need to be extremely fast at typing, not to mention keeping track of where the enemy is.

2017-11-20 07:07:56

Dragomier wrote:

I just tried the A 1 B version, and I'm curious, can you actually do anything? I tried talking to Anna about six times. Nothing happens. Ever.

The A1 build group has only a couple of pieces of interactive content past the intro.  The build as as much a way of testing the functionality of those scenes as anything else.  It would require a tremendous amount of grinding those scenes in order to shift your stats enough to start seeing new content within those scenes.

The A2 build group adds several more interactive scenes as well as starting to add some of the features which will be featured in the game (Sleeping, Eavesdropping, and Punishments)

The next build group will feature the sex mechanic as well as the first set of mealtime events.  And the build after that will most likely be where Conversation options start appearing with most of the other functions which have been written already.  All the while, I will be making an effort to add new content to existing functions in the game.

Patience.  The game is in a fairly early state right now and I'm adding new content as quickly as I am able.  If you want to follow progress, I make sure to keep all of my progress related posts over on Patreon as free posts so people know what's being worked on if they are interested.  Otherwise, keep your eyes pealed here for the next update!  The goal right now is to have a new build of this out around the 7th or 8th of next month, though if things go well it may happen the week before that.

2017-11-20 07:13:57

kool_turk wrote:

I like the way it is now, no need to fiddle with commands.

Muds have commands. Need to see your inventory? type a command and try to memorise the list.

With this, pull up the list, click on what you want, and boom, done.

Mainstream games are done like this.

The blind community have shortcut keys for practically everything and at times they can be quite overwhelming.

A compromise would be to have both.

This is why I don't play muds, because for things like combat, you need to be extremely fast at typing, not to mention keeping track of where the enemy is.

That's why I handled it the way its done right now.  A simple link to click saves you the trouble of keeping a notepad for commands, and makes one hand playing MUCH easier.  tongue

There are places where text boxes are likely to appear, but I suspect they will be far and few between. (For example, got the one text box for entering what you want the girls to call you in the intro.)

2017-11-20 11:26:19

Hello ashaman.
I have another question, which is I guess is a little wierd,
Are you going to able the players to free the slave girls if they wish.

All the best,
Adel, Akbari.

2017-11-20 15:40:57

Adel wrote:

Hello ashaman.
I have another question, which is I guess is a little wierd,
Are you going to able the players to free the slave girls if they wish.

Yes, that is something I intend to add eventually.   Depending on your relationship status with the girls will depend on how things play out.  But that would be a "Game Ending" event.

2017-11-24 00:45:38

Hi,
I've been playing the game on Mac, and it's worked pretty well. The way I do it is by using Google Chrome. For some reason, Javascript is a bit messed up in Safari at the moment (i don't know if anyone's going to fix that), thus, making almost every javascrypt game virtually unplayable. So, your best bet is to use Google Chrome. If I can figure out how to make games like this work in Safari, I will definitely let you know.
Thanks,
Rich

2017-11-26 06:00:51

RichYamamoto wrote:

Hi,
I've been playing the game on Mac, and it's worked pretty well. The way I do it is by using Google Chrome. For some reason, Javascript is a bit messed up in Safari at the moment (i don't know if anyone's going to fix that), thus, making almost every javascrypt game virtually unplayable. So, your best bet is to use Google Chrome. If I can figure out how to make games like this work in Safari, I will definitely let you know.
Thanks,
Rich

Sorry it took so long to reply to this, I've been gone spending time with family the last couple of days.

That's kind of what both the coders I work with have said, that Safari has something going on with it that makes a lot of html games not work correctly, and that so far the community creating the programs I use for game making have not found a viable work around.  I figure its only a matter of time before it resolves itself.

Thank you for taking the time to share your insights on the subject.

2017-12-01 16:33:51

Got a new build of Inheritance ready for all of you to enjoy!

Changes made since previous build:

-Added sex mechanic to the game.  Currently includes Oral (Receive), Missionary, and Doggystyle content.  Sex can be initiated either from the master bedroom, or from bed if you go to bed at the correct time.  Additional content will be added in time.

-Added meal time mechanic to the game.  Currently has 12 scenes, two with the girls and two without for each meal.

-Ability to assign an eating arrangement for the girls has been added.

-Started cleaning up the sidebar.

-Added one new interactive scene that takes place during the work day in many locations in the mansion.

-Put some art back into the game.

Patreon A3 CHEAT Build ($5 Version of game):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15647195

Patreon A3 Build ($1 Version of game):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15647196

Public A2a (Free Download):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15428556

2017-12-01 19:17:16

seems the link is messed up. the public build link takes me to the paid one

2017-12-01 19:21:56

ah it takes you to the right build but no link to download

2017-12-01 20:57:57

JimmyDub wrote:

ah it takes you to the right build but no link to download

seems the link is messed up. the public build link takes me to the paid one

Terribly sorry about that, that's my fault, I was going to change the old build to free when I posted the other links and missed it in my rush this morning.  The link should be working correctly now.

2017-12-02 01:45:11

yup works now

2017-12-02 02:09:15

JimmyDub wrote:

yup works now

Hope that you enjoy it!

2017-12-02 02:49:43

yeah its great. I'll be donating next month

2017-12-02 07:41:23

JimmyDub wrote:

yeah its great. I'll be donating next month

I'll be looking forward to you joining us at that time then!

2017-12-08 17:20:53

are there any interactions you can have with the girls after the prologue, at all? I tried summoning them to different rooms, but never actually got the option to. When I did run across annah once, I just got a placeholder dialogue about how you will be able to do this and that once its in the game. Do you have to be at speciffic rooms for summoning and talking to work?

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-12-08 22:44:22

connor142 wrote:

are there any interactions you can have with the girls after the prologue, at all? I tried summoning them to different rooms, but never actually got the option to. When I did run across annah once, I just got a placeholder dialogue about how you will be able to do this and that once its in the game. Do you have to be at speciffic rooms for summoning and talking to work?

Yes, and depending on which build of the game you have depends on how much content is available.

A2 (Current Free build):
-Added Sleep Mechanic
-Added Punishments
-Added Eavesdropping
-Added new interactive scenes. (Five, maybe six interactive scenes in the game for this build.  Two take place in the ballroom (During the day).  Can't remember if this build added one to the Living Room or not (In the evenings), and the rest were available in several places in the house (During the day.))
-Fixed bug that was preventing some scenes from playing.

A3 (Current Patreon Build):
-Added sex mechanic to the game.  Currently includes Oral (Receive), Missionary, and Doggystyle content.  Sex can be initiated either from the master bedroom, or from bed if you go to bed at the correct time.  Additional content will be added in time.
-Added meal time mechanic to the game.  Currently has 12 scenes, two with the girls and two without for each meal.
-Added one new interactive scene that takes place during the work day in many locations in the mansion.

A4 (Currently in testing, should be out around this time next week.):
-Some minor rewrite to anna_2 scene so the "nice" branch comes off a little kinder.
-Added first round of Conversations for Anna.  Most of them are fairly small, but there's a couple with some substance.
-Added one new interactive scene that includes Anna & Eve.
-Added one new interactive scene for Anna.
-Added Shower content.
-Added one new variant to oral sex.
-Added one new variant to doggystyle sex.
-Added one new variant to missionary sex.
-Added three pieces of placeholder art to the game.

Nearly all of the content in the game is dependent on time of day and/or relationship levels.  With just a couple of exceptions, all of the interactive scenes can play out +10 ways depending on your relationship values and choices during the scenes.

Any chance you recall which scene you saw the placeholders in?  If you're playing A2, then there are quite a few placeholders present still.  By A3, there are only a couple pieces of content that doesn't have anything.  And when A4 comes out, most everything that is not location specific should be in place.  If you can point out which kind(s) of content you were getting that message for, I'll be happy to take a look to make sure if its supposed to be open or not.

Right now, the game is fairly early in development, but we've managed to put much of the game's framework in place and the biggest challenge has been finding the time to write new content!

2017-12-16 01:32:46

A4 Cheat Includes:

-Everything included in A4, plus a cheat menu that will allow you to adjust relationship values at will.

A4 Includes:

-Some minor rewrite to anna_2 scene so the "nice" branch comes off a little kinder.

-Added first round of Conversations for Anna.  Most of them are fairly small, but there's a couple with some substance.

-Added Shower content.

A3 Includes:

Patreon A4 CHEAT Build ($5 Pledge Required):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15905402

Patreon A4 Build ($1 Pledge Required):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15905602

Patreon A3 Build (Free Version of game):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15647196

2017-12-27 03:43:02

"After the passing of your estranged Great Uncle, you're surprised to  find yourself listed as the sole heir to his estate.  With all the legal  unpleasantness out of the way, you're now on your way to your new home.

Not sure what to expect when you arrive, you don't know if you're  going to sell the mansion or live there, but once you step inside your  entire world changes when you are suddenly faced with the fact that you  now own two slave girls.

What do you do with them?  Do you follow in your Great Uncle's  footsteps and use them for your own pleasure?  Do you treat them like  servants?  Or do you nurture a relationship with them that just might  blossom into something more, . . ."

\

A5 Includes:

-Three new interactive scenes for Eve.

-One new "Unique" interactive scene (Currently repeatable repeatably, but will be made non-repeatable once followup content is completed.)

-Added the first of the great uncle's diaries to the game along with the first entry within.

A4 Includes:

-Added Shower content.

Public A4 Build (Free Build):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/16073341

Patreon A5 Build ($1 Pledge Version):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/16073340

Patreon A5 CHEAT Build ($5 Pledge Version):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/inheritance-a5-16073338

2017-12-27 10:19:13

Btw, just to chime in and point out quickly  in case Ashaman or others missed it that  both inheritance and Wanton cove now have database pages (you can find them in the  dropdown on  front  of site or  by using the "list games) link).
Since their is manifestly nothing  wrong with visually impared people's libidos and these games are very accessible it seemed only right to add them to  the db, besides with I've  been having fun myself with Flexible survival, though I confess inheritance  when I tried it made me a little uncomfortable due to  the premise and the  fact that up until I got married two years ago I was severely  genophobic, and the idea behind inheritance is a little too  much like some real stories of abuse for  my taste, though manifestly  this is just my reaction since at the end of the day it's a game and a creative art project.

I did like the horror atmosphere of Wanton cove and will  possibly explore more of the game  in the future though, as I do enjoy writers like Steven King and Klive barker on occasion), indeed I noticed when checking the games for the db that the writing is extremely good all around.

If anyone wants to suggest other accessible adult games for the db feel free to do so, (just please mention in the games' description that they are! adult games so potential players know what they're getting).

I am currently trying to get fenoxo's games like corruption of champions and trials in tainted space to work correctly with chrome and Nvda or the downloaded adobi flash player, not having much luck unfortunately, though they seemed okay with ie).

Anyway that is a matter for another thread, in the mean  time I hope that the db entries attract more people to the games.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)