2017-11-20 20:17:59

Every now and then the server decides to konk out, and today was just another one of those days.  My apologies to people who were affected by the game's down time.

While everything was offline, I decided to check to see how much total time players have spent in the game.  It's been ages since I last did that and I was curious.

Even though the game goes back to October of 2011, the records I have only go back to January 1, 2013.  Records before that date were left on an older machine that I had before the current server.  Another thing is that whenever the server shut down or crashed, this program would not add in any time played by players who were still online.  Basically it only counts time when someone disconnects, so of course a sudden server shutdown would skip over an actual disconnect.  With that being said, I have a very conservative total time played from January 1, 2013 until today (November 20, 2017).

When adding up how much time everyone has played, the total is 40 years, 5 months, 24 days, 1 hour, 43 minutes, and 47 seconds.  Yikes!

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-11-20 20:26:08

Hey Aprone that sounds like those download estimates you'd get like 10 years ago. Estimated time of download: 40 years, 2 months, 8 days and 8 hours ... lol

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-11-20 20:27:30

ROFL!  Haha yeah that's true.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-11-21 09:48:50

Wow, lol... big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-22 03:50:57

Is it possible to play this game with the keyboard instead of the mouse?

2017-11-22 04:48:29

Hello Dear Aprone.

I would like to make a suggestion for improvement to the game Swamp.

To make the assignment of points of the players go back to how it was before. So it was better, no doubt.

What do you think?

Many old friends in the game, including me, would like this change.

Thank you.

2017-11-22 05:48:52

Since people don't seem to understand this, i'll say it yet again. It should also maybe be put in the news room aswell so people can see it. Aprone isno longer working on swamp, at least not the client. He's said that many times already

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-22 15:51:04

hi,
don't think he will put up back the assigment points how was before
he's losed source code

2017-11-22 16:59:24

Yes, but could someone please answer my question?

2017-11-22 17:26:46

hi,
FYI, you can only shoot and walk with keyboard i think
without mouse playing hardest part
i'de recommend play with mouse

2017-11-22 18:22:56

Playing with a  virtual machine on Mac?  This is going to be interesting.  Well let’s see how it goes.

2017-11-22 22:49:50

Fabiano, I don't have any plans to change the stat point system.  I understand that it may mean players over level 1000 face a harder challenge, but no matter how the points are arranged there will always be some level where the game feels harder.  I have chosen level 1000 to be this point.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-11-23 08:47:16

charliemerry1902 wrote:

Playing with a  virtual machine on Mac?  This is going to be interesting.  Well let’s see how it goes.

It works fine for me, at leased.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-11-23 10:27:47

I wish people would stop winging about the stat points, the game is supposed to get harder the higher the level you you are

2017-11-24 00:08:31

I play swamp on a VM for mac it's fun!!

2017-11-29 20:25:39

Swamp is finally up and running on a brand new server.  I ordered and set up the new machine last week, but today turned out to be a good time to finally make the change over.  Over the next few days I may have to tweak settings to get everything running as it should be, but for the moment it seems to be correct.  My hope is that everything will run smoothly and Swamp will march forward on this new machine for the next several years.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-11-29 23:54:45

Hahahahaha I feel like I'm winning some sorta local Darwin award over here.
Remember a while ago when I tried to connect but couldn't? Well guess what, I was running version 3.5!
I was out and about on the new server for an hour or so today, got disconnected twice recently. At first I thought it was my own connection and that I accidentally knocked out my USB-device but nope it was still there and others confirmed they also got booted.
My trackpad is  a pain in the ass though. This whole laptop is. So I'll get high tomorrow and connect my mouse. Which requires me to first connect an extention to give me more USB ports because an idiot designed my laptop. It's a nest of wires sad
but I'll be kicking some ass tomorrow. I promise, it's time for me to adapt, go through the mental exercises I used to, to be alert and I'll be maybe not the top player but I swear I'll attain my status as best ever sniper again. big_smile

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-11-30 00:46:53

@Lordlundin, maybe i'll reactivate my account today and tomorrow we can do a sniper mission, I find it hard to find people to go on those with and it seems that you need 3 to launch them so I can't go by myself.
Hey aprone, a bit off topic, but have you ever built a computer from scratch?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-30 08:54:17

Nice to hear about the new server. that tells me that something is still in the works for the future. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.

2017-11-30 11:02:02

I've had reports that the server was kicking people about every half hour.  I've been on another 13 hour work shift so I couldn't be around to monitor things.  I also noticed that at some point during the day/night it decided to download more windows updates and restart itself.  Just part of the fun of a new machine I suppose, though it is annoying that it did that when I wasn't around to get things running again.

BlindJedi, yes I have but not for many years.  When I do move parts around to customize a computer, it's never from complete scratch anymore.  I just haven't had the need.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-11-30 12:56:12

Aprone, I have some fun ideas for Swamp that shouldn't be too hard to implement. Would you care to hear? I'm in school right now so not really able to write it but I have some quest credits ideas and for a new weapon or two that would make Swamp more tactical.
Think we need more methods to dispatch zombies than just standard projectile weapons.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-11-30 14:30:55

DarfVader: it is indeed possible to play swamp with just keyboard. I was one such player, and i admit  that was quite easier than moving your mouse around. More stable that way.
But swamp is still running? I thought it was down, and Aprone were working on completely new game with his new system.
smile

Often we have no time for our friends, but all the time in the world for our enemies.

2017-11-30 18:20:12

Angarag I am working on new games instead of developing Swamp further, but Swamp itself is still alive and well.  I don't have any plans to take the game down or anything, so people will still be playing it years from now I'm sure.

Lundin, I'm not adding new features to Swamp, sorry.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-11-30 19:13:51

My apologies to everyone who was getting kicked.  Turns out a power saving setting (why would I want this on a desktop?) was causing certain hardware to go into automatic sleep mode every 20 or 30 minutes (depending on the hardware).  It would then wake back up but that transition was kicking players from the server.  I've disabled those annoying settings and hopefully that's the last of people getting kicked.  I'm not surprised the server needs these tweaks, and hopefully that was the last one it'll need.

- Aprone
Aprone's software

2017-11-30 20:07:20

It’s been down the past few times I’ve tried,   But hopefully I’ll be able to connect soon and then I can start destroying zombies.