2017-11-30 18:47:19

Hi,

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the Developers' room and finaly settled for here so that everyone would see it, but apologies if this does turn out to be the wrong place.

My friend recommended that I sign up here, both because we enjoy a lot of the same audio games and because he told me that there are often posts by people looking for sound design for their games.

I'm a passionate sound designer with a continually expanding library of over 240,000 third-party sound effects, as well as a considerable number that I both sythesize and record myself. The effects cover all categories from ambience to weather, from animals to warfare of all periods.

I also own software for mixing and processing sound, so can produce vocal effects for science fiction and fantasy games, as well as simulating the acoustics for whatever spaces characters might be speaking or acting in - from forests to living-rooms to halls.

I have high quality microphones and come with a British accent built in, smile though I can do other voices, so would be happy to help with voice-over aspects as well.

If you could do with any sound effects, vocal processing work or voice-over samples, or if you know of anyone who could do with any help in that direction, do let me know. I'd love to be involved!

I love audio games and hope that there'll be a lot more of them in the future and firmly believe that they should continue to have the professional look, feel and sound of more mainstream games, as so many titles already do. 

Here's a demo for the latest sci fi and fantasy sound pack I've produced for sale.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00rnvfikcojfd … o.mp3?dl=1

Look forward to getting to know you all,

Justin

2017-12-01 16:52:59 (edited by defender 2017-12-01 17:10:43)

Wait are you the FX Home guy?
I remember your name from somewhere...
Maybe Incompetech/Imphenzia?
Or was that guy's first name Kevin, not Justin lol I'm so confused.

Either way, thanks for offering your services and for believing in audio games, this is a big time for us right now, with mainstream like games with visuals like A hero's call, Lost and Hound, and Echos from Levia, increased basic mainstream game accessibility with Sonifight, EA games talking to us directly and making changes where possible, games like Killer Instinct, Injustice, and Scullgirls adding features for us, limited but still useful screen readers on the major two consoles, and increased awareness VIA stuff like "audio game jam" and this flood of people from University of Baltimore with their prototypes.

I strongly believe that the majority of mainstream and sudo mainstream games and integration will come from Independent sources, and you can't have a professional quality audio game without good audio.

You should talk to Drew Becker http://www.beckersound.com
He's passionate about audio games too.

2017-12-01 21:49:34

I taught a couple of audio courses with the Cisco Academy for the Vision Impaired last year. Perhaps that's where you know me from. Definitely never heard of Home FX though. Good to meet you.

Lie I say, if there's anything I can do, I will.

2017-12-02 06:26:50

Yes he's Kevin, not Justin. big_smile

2017-12-02 13:19:33 (edited by defender 2017-12-02 13:22:16)

Oh lol, thanks.
I didn't know CAVI did audio courses, that's really cool.
I vaguely remember seeing some audacity tutorials, but I thought that was just a courtesy thing, not part of a course.