2017-09-18 15:46:08

The ding sound will happen after I bump into a wall a few times.  The tutorial only had 4 parts, if I remember correctly.  The last part that it had was the part about finding the birds.  After that, when I interacted with complete tutorial, it simply went directly into game mode.

2017-09-18 23:14:49

There are 5 different tutorials in this order:
- Introduction
- How to use menus
- Basic navigation
- Wall navigation
- Maze navigation

There is a 6th map but I haven't tested to see if it's actually reached; the other maps have been tested outside of the maze map's completion. In the last version I uploaded yesterday everything was working. After the tutorial is complete it will go straight to game mode.

you like those kinds of gays because they're gays made for straights

2017-10-06 15:36:50

Hay, when do you predict that the full release would come out and would it be free for windows just like  brailemon?
Kind regards,
Aarush

Abay chal.

2017-11-02 03:42:44

This is an original game, not a port of a pre-existing one, and Daigonite's putting their heart into it. It's going to probably be paid, as all good original games should be.

2017-11-09 20:42:53

So an update:

Bad news: I have to redo the engine; the engine is pretty much a mess.

Also I have no job. I had to quit since I have chronic illness that has yet to be diagnosed. It is the source of most of the problems I had in the last few years, and it's obvious that working in an office makes it much worse. I was having 2 migraines a day. I needed to quit.

Good news: I'm safe and I have a lot of time on my hands. I'll probably not start with the engine rewrite until December, but I want to start work on an accessibility extention that I can sell to other indies so they can start implementing easier accessibility into their games as well. I have absolutely every intention on continuing this game but it's very hard now that I am sick and unable to work outside of remote work. I'll probably be doing small work here and there but not much. Thankfully with a fully functioning prototype I can't imagine it taking too long to rebuild but I'm also in the process of rebuilding my life so meh.

Honestly these last 4-5 years have been a long line of FOR FUCK'S SAKE over and over again. I think I'm just tired now.

2017-11-11 03:06:05

hi there
the game doesn't speek and doesn't say anything when i run it, not even a sapi speech
any solution?

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2017-11-12 17:03:12

You have to make sure that access in the config.txt file is set to 1.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2017-11-26 13:26:51

Hay dagonite, i know this is not, uh, the best place to ask this but cause  the brailemon post hasn't been updated since like 2015 so i just wanted to ask this that when i try to run brailemon on windows 7 it says failed to create direct 3d 9X device. i used to run it on win 8.1 but worked fine. and ya, just wanted to say if you could make like a topic  for us blind guys on asking about where to find stuff and how to proseed like, getting HM 5 cut  cause  we obviously  can't understand the mainstreem tutorials. no offense intended, just  a sugestion and so plz try to figure out  this problem of mine, really want to play this fantastic game again!  dude i was so excited  when i found out about this game, i used to get so geleous of my friends playing pokemon i myself being a great fan, i just  felt like (dont tell them) knocking them along with their pc on their but and then beeting them up lol. RGDS,
Aarush (also  known very frequently as godfather Aarush) lollol

Abay chal.

2017-11-26 13:29:47

And sorry for not editing my previous  post, too lasy lol but i asume that the brailemon has gone untill it should, i mean the indigo ligue including Alete 4 and the jyoto ligue has been completed?

Abay chal.

2017-11-26 13:42:25

And also, are you done workin on brailemon? i thaught that there was gonna be online stuff and all. it would bbecome more interesting that way, and beet the origenal pokemon  games! then we blind would have no limitations. no pressure or anything, if its there, then may be i just haven't checked it  out yet.

Abay chal.

2017-11-26 18:49:54

Well I hope you get feeling better Rachael. I suppose I ought to give this one a try since I love turn-based RPG's and think we need more of them in our market. What's the current download link? I know it's been posted here but this topic is eleven pages long LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-11-27 14:54:01 (edited by JoWier 2017-11-27 14:57:29)

BryanP wrote:

Well I hope you get feeling better Rachael. I suppose I ought to give this one a try since I love turn-based RPG's and think we need more of them in our market. What's the current download link? I know it's been posted here but this topic is eleven pages long LOL.

Well, the link is in Dagonite's signature, which means on her every post  you fiind it. There are both colors and brailemon download links giiven. RGDS,
Aarush

An ediit:
Well just for you here's the URL for games though they are not linked, so just put these liinks on your web brouzer or type on run and you'll get the games:
Demo of colors here (PC) (Gamejolt link): https://gamejolt.com/games/ColorsChromatics/248621
Braillemon last release(stable): https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4n08tale65w8 … 0.zip?dl=1

Abay chal.

2017-11-27 20:51:58

LOL yeah I eventually figured that out. While I do like the concept I definitely find navigation rather confusing.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-11-28 18:09:08

Yep, it has, you know, kind of accessablity issues at the moment but it will get better, the thing is that dagonite was working on mainstreem part of the game, and now this blind thing will get better soon. She is workin on our part of the story now.

Abay chal.

2017-11-28 20:59:58

Well hat and I do remember her saying she's been having health problems. That would certainly get in the way of development. But as for me I get to a certain point and can't seem to progress further. I can manage to recruit Mark but for the life of me I can't seem to find and recruit the third character.

2017-11-29 16:28:34

@ briyan
First of all, you can't progress cause the game isn't built farther  than that, its not complete, and secondn of all, ya, the third mical is difficult to find kind of a pain in the but. i sugest you from the last map, where you are blocked to go farther, try to manage to go forward somehow and you would soon end up in his house suddenly, though, even i dont know how.

Abay chal.

2017-11-29 16:29:41

As you said in one post, navigation is kind of difficult at the moment.

Abay chal.

2017-11-29 18:34:34

Yeah, it does leave a lot to be desired.

2017-12-02 07:35:14

Anyways, if you know to this solution of brailemon, plz tell me. read my other posts

Abay chal.

2018-01-15 01:32:30 (edited by daigonite 2018-01-15 01:57:07)

Hey there everyone, thought I would provide an update.

Life is really tough right now because of a lot of personal BS I'd rather not get into right now but I can't work and I have no income which really blows, but I am being taken care of right now by good friends who are helping me get back on my feet.

The good news is that things are definitely getting better, AND that I've started to rebuild the new Colors Chromatics engine. It's much more well organized and modular meaning that I can kick out updates much faster, and it will be much easier to debug as well. I'm not super far into development since I only started a few days ago but I've already created menus with TTS already and I'll be adding a few new features as well.

It also now supports keybinding (although I probably won't build a menu for keybinding blind accessibility shortcuts since there are so many of them, but I'll probably still have them loaded from a file for customization).

Aarush, your issue sounds directX related so make sure you have directX9 installed correctly, this is because it was made in an older version of game maker. I can't do any modifications to the code, it's so messed up that it's basically pure spaghetti.

2018-01-15 04:59:23

Mmm, tasty

2018-01-20 18:35:14

thanks Rachel for the help, realy appreciate it lol now time to brag again to my stupid friends! big_smile

Abay chal.

2018-02-05 13:26:59

so, just a confirmation, did you stop working on brailemon? or is it completed? cause there are a lot of issues in it that we as blin poeople can't do, like to find the hm cut i reached the veridian city but couldn't find it and i can't for the life of me get into the SSN, i think the navigation stuff needs to be  improoved a bit, just my feadback. and is trading  implimented yet?

Abay chal.

2018-03-12 17:55:34 (edited by daigonite 2018-03-12 18:47:55)

Hello guys,

I'm expecting an early pre alpha release on the 23rd. I'd really appreciate it if I can get feedback with the new accessibility engine. The engine is very well built so any issues can be dealt with easily and quickly and I want to make sure this component of the engine is working well.

I will not have any tutorials in the game due to it being pre-alpha, so please feel free to ask questions about any sort of concerns with what to do or what something means. Communication is key to being able to really make this thing succeed.

As a reminder I'm no longer working on braillemon. My goal is to try to build a scalable model for blind accessibility with navigation. Feedback is of the essence. Thanks everyone. See you in 2 weeks.

2018-03-13 08:55:07

Hi,
Just downloaded the game. Going to try it out! smile

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram