2017-11-28 02:20:13

Recently I got the nostalgy for playing Survive The Wild again.
However, my Windows system was updated, and then even changed to Windows 10 recently, and the anti-virus software was changed in both cases.
Earlier, with ESET Smart security, there were no problems when installing and running STW, however, later, while I used Avast, and now, in Win10, with AVG, both antivirus-software not only block the game whenever I try to run it, but also automatically uninstall, aka delete it totally. even when I set to run it as admin!
So I have to keep re-installing it over and over again, while making futile tries of running it!
I know, I have to either totally disable, turn off my anti-virus, and then turn it on, activate it again after I am done with playing STW, but is it really the only way this issue can be solved?
It's a slight annoyance I wish to get rid of, especially since I wish to avoid leaving my system totally unprotected and vulnerable to all malicious software, and I guess there is a way to somehow "add the game's exe file to AVG's exceptions list", but that is an operation I simplywasn't capable of yet.
(I never bothered with it in my sighted life-period, there was no need for it, so I know only of the possibility itself, but have no idea how it is supposed to be done technically, and if I am able to do it now at all, with no vision...)
So can someone please explain me "step-by-step the process, how I can add specific, targeted files or sites, (in this case an exe.file), to the exception-list of my AVG anti-virus, pretty please?

2017-11-28 02:44:18

yeah the last time I used AVG was in 2014 or so, so can't really remember how to add it to the list, but I remember it being accessible and easy to do. not sure what else you can do. maybe contacting AVG and letting them know that bgt games are not viruses would help.

2017-11-28 18:21:30

Hi,
Caccio72 I'd definitely recommend contacting AVG.
https://www.avg.com/submit-sample
I'd recommmend linking to the Survive the Wild installer and explaining that it is a bgt project. A few projects have done this now. Or, if you ahve the actual program as anexe, even better try reporting that if it's possible.

2017-12-25 20:37:44 (edited by Caccio72 2017-12-25 20:50:26)

Ok, we fixed the antivirus-issue, but now I have another one, inside the game itself.
My character keeps running in circles, constantly, no matter what I do, I can only press "r" to make it rest.
(normally, any tracking doesn't work during this issue either)
Once, but only once by now, by pressing who knows which key. this circling stopped, and I could play normally, everything was functioning the right way...but soon after that the constant circling started again...and I still cannot stop it!
Of course I tried disabling/enabling both autorun and turning with mouse, altering none of those settings helped.
Anyone of you experienced a similar issue?
Is it maybe a simple keyboard-shortcut I don't know about?
One thing is sure, the game cannot be played this way at all, so in case you guys have any suggestions, hints, please post them here ASAP!

In addition:
I remember, back when I started playing STW, I had no such an issue, but it appeared a few weeks later, and made me so much pissed off, that I just "dropped" the game for a longer time.
I also remember some players advised me there, to use the compass, and turn into 180 degrees, then...do whatever, I had no patience to perform it, adjusting to turn into exactly 180 degrees was too damn hard ...however, this cannot be done anymore anyway, since there is no more any compass in the starting "survival pack, kit, whatever".