2017-11-27 20:33:39

947. Hahahahaha. You made my day. I dare someone to do it.

2017-11-27 21:23:49

@Lordlundin: your ideas rock! thumbs up to that!
However, at least on Redspot, Sam hasn't got that many trusty faces at Hand (despite the STW admins and I don't think they would do it, because they already have one game to administrate).

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2017-11-27 22:00:33

Thanks. You actually forgot to give me an actual thumbsup and I'm very picky with that user carma. big_smile

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-11-28 06:19:56

@Lordlundin, only one problem... You said something about admins being there to help out new players and keep the cheeters away from everyone else, but the only problem with that is well, sam's admins aren't very helpful, and all they do to cheaters is either ban somebody right away without warning or with no second chance what so ever, or swear at that person and say horrible things to them that some could even consider to be spamming. I think for this system to work sam needs a host of better more mature and responsible admins. I am in no way signing myself for such a job, not for that game at least, no way in hell.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-28 09:13:11

@LOrdlundin: lol, I actually gave you a thumbs up, but somehow the idea of writing an actual post came later.
But as I said in my previous post, both the lack of trusty admins and (at least, it Looks like that to me) Sam's lack of following this thread, might be a Problem there.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2017-11-28 13:50:11

Like I've said a few times, this isn't for redspot. I was thinking about my own fps in the shower and in my dreams and during class ... and it would include this anti-cheat system.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-12-13 01:20:43

I am having issues with Redspot. I cannot log in for some reason. I tried resetting my network and computer and ran into the same issue. It simply sits there when I try to log in with my allocated name or a different name. I do not know what is happening. If anyone is having this same issue, please let me know. Thank you!

Phoenix

2017-12-13 10:45:33

Have you played redspot before? If so then maybe you were banned.

2017-12-13 14:33:29

I have not been banned, as far as I know. If I was, I probably would have been told so. My windows antivirus has also deemed it a threat.

Phoenix

2018-02-07 10:13:36

Hi,
It's been a long time guys, but figured I'd resurrect this topic with info on the update me and Sam just released. It is my hope this will allow for a better gameplay experience for those who are interested in getting a couple quick kills and logging off for the day.

If you had been reading the other topic, you would've heard about the killingground, the highlight of this release. I've pasted the MOTD below, which should hopefully give a concise
enough description.

new as of 2/7/17. Adds killingground as a replacement to the newbie flag. Upon login, you'll be placed in a much smaller map that disallows bases, as well as caps health at 5000 and shields at 50. The point of this is to provide separation between players with high and low stats. To go to the battlefield at any time, type /battlefield and you'll be teleported. to check players on each map, /battlefieldplayers and /killinggroundplayers. If on a team, type /teammap battlefield or /teammap killingground to automatically spawn on that map. note: As of right now, this feature should be treated experimentally. If you find issues, don't hesitate to contact an administrator or developer. Makes hand grenades have timers to prevent some spam. Player data should now save on server crash. Added an item, the shield_extracter, to transfer 10 shielded shots from you to a extracted_shield. Added two new guns, the CRT42 and STP106. Added some new combos, 6456=ass_kick, 727=choke, 7589=double leg face stomp, 113=shove, 122=left hook, 322=right hook.

If you have any questions, suggestions, all that, let us know

2018-02-08 23:49:29

I played redspot a month ago and i have problems with killing. In killing time ping maximising. For example normally is 50MS, in killing can be 600MS. I'm from poland and few peoples have this problem. My internet connections is good. You can fix it?

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2018-02-11 00:11:02

As much as I like the update, you didn't really fix anything. You've added a killing ground map, which is good, but you didn't fix the issues with OP bases or OP teams. People still can block sky island and have it in their control, which is what I thought you wanted to fix. Players can sit on the server for days without being booted, just being afk and waiting for someone to walk by before turning their afk off, chasing the player down and killing them. On top of it all, the killing ground is pretty small, so sometimes you spawn next to someone and they take you out with 4 or so shots. Sadly, the only way I see to fix it is a server reset every couple of hours, and I know your really against it these days, but it would fix all your problems, allowing you to work on adding new features to the game.

2018-02-12 06:52:50

Didn't fix anything? How about being constantly sniped/killed by players that are simply impossible to kill due to outrageous amounts of health/shields/stats.
OP teams are still a big issue, but their is unfortunately an extremely simple remedy, wait until the team is offline and destroy/lockpick the base without any opposition what so ever. A reset, in a game like redspot, would basically be saying hey I know you've collected a bunch of items but well, sorry.
For the killingground, as stated in the motd, the feature should be treated experimentally, and as such we're discussing items that shouldn't be used on the map as well as a few other possible approaches. I totally understand this, many times I've been killed by those with a m24/mlk before I really had the chance to item grab. Also, the newest update makes it so players can only be on for an hour, before their automatically teleported.
An AFK time limit is actually in the code, just need a sound and we're good to go.

2018-02-12 12:47:26

I mean, at least you can enjoy the game now without getting stomped by nerds with  bilion hp/shield/grenades.

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2018-03-02 12:29:39

My friend (same countri as me) somewhy can't play on battlefield. When he switch to it it starts to lag with extreme amount of lag. He has connection and computer resources, any ideas why happens it? Umm and he can play on killing ground, just battlefield lags. For me it's all good, sometime a little ping but nothing else.

2018-03-02 16:33:55 (edited by SBGgamer 2018-03-02 16:35:42)

I hate posting a lot in topics cause I'm scared I'm gonna get half the army directed toward me. I don't play redspot cause I was supposedly meant to be unbanned from it only a couple weeks after my banned date, and I was really hope for a fresh start, a start where I wasn't a pussy, came forward, did shit that I was supposed to do. but Its been what, 3 months now? *sadly sits at his computer looking at a (Redspot version 0.91.0, not responding) window, which I think means I'm banned. So, as sad as ever, I mope off and pointlessly rage at eurofly, not being able to fly properly. smile.
I've been following this for yonx, just never said anything. but I'm bored, its 3 in the morning, fuck it.

I'm a nube. don't always have to listen to me. But everyone has opinions. and opinions can be heard

2018-03-02 18:54:37 (edited by cartertemm 2018-03-02 19:10:35)

@965
Did this start happening recently? Because if so, looks like someone decided to create and link an absurd number of buffer bases to their team. They'll be destroyed shortly with a server update capping team bases. Seeing as the issue is only occurring on battlefield, I bet that's it.

@966
Maybe take this off forum and we can discuss the reason, right now your name isn't ringing any bells but with the ban history, god only knows. Either message Sam or myself.

2018-03-02 22:44:33

I change my name everywhere I go. Dunno why.  I'll add ya on skype or something. But if I'm not gonna be unbanned I just won't bother. also The reason I didn't bring this up earlier is cause I thought sam was gonna do the same thing he did with the last maaaaaajor update. Unban me. So I waited for a major  client update...

I'm a nube. don't always have to listen to me. But everyone has opinions. and opinions can be heard

2018-03-03 00:22:51

So is it true that SCM has around 90 bases? Yeah, with the other developer as team leader, good luck buddy.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2018-03-03 00:31:51

yes a week or two ago i believe it was starddled that was trolling with bases, saying stupid shit like i fucked your mum and stuff like that. he or she ended up making like 99 bases and now i can't play on battlefield cause of the damn lag.
The bases were funny for about the furst 10 then it got annoying, then spammy but unfortunately i have no way to contact admins, or i didn't but this still isn't a good way to do so.
So if anything can be done about scm's  millions of troll bases i really hope its done soon. And i really think it would be nice to ban things like barricade bombs, mines and the like on sky  islands and sky beam. thanks for hearing me out and have a good day!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-03-03 01:53:06

Yes, the battlefield lags my net out horribly at home. Further, my mobile data hates it even more. I'll have to check the net at our condo, as it's actually fiber, so will update this post accordingly; however, with all these bases, the battlefield is lagged quite noticeably.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2018-03-03 11:35:54

is it problem for someone else, after some startup redspot starts to lag, maybe because of some memory usage. Longer jump, can't skip the intro, slow reaction when i want move turn etc. For 2-3 start it doesn't appear just after 4-5 or like that.

2018-03-03 22:37:11

how will the base capimplemented? Will all bases destroys or just the ones with low hp? And an other. Is it possible to add when a player tracks an other, and maybe 100 tiles away, it switches off the afk choice? Because i tryed to get a guy on battlefield, and after i dested his shield he could escape with an invis shield, and went afk when i was nearly 100 tiles from he, 3-5 secs before i catch him again.

2018-03-04 18:08:29

Update: I can play okay at the condo, but there is some definite lag on the battlefield Vs. the killing ground.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2018-03-04 20:49:35

when is this game going to be fixed so it does not trigger the heck out of my anti virus!
It is actually fun to play but I will not turn off my computer security to do it.
Just wondering?