2017-10-20 20:24:53

I think what gets me the most is the constant sitting and standing to regain energy. It's like get this man an energy potion or something lol, but he's improving though. I'm wondering how I would go about setting up a sales cart? I'll ask in character when I'm ready.

2017-10-21 13:56:19

Poor you! Btw sales cart are disabled in game now. The last and only person to have it is I think Ardor.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-10-21 20:06:59

Oh ok, that's good to know. Yeah I remember seing his cart somewhere in Mistral.

2017-10-22 07:14:23

I'm not sure if Jirato will bring it back, actually.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2017-10-23 20:55:07

Sales carts, or an alternative, will be returning.  But it's not really at the top of my priority list right now.

Jirato
Lead Developer for CLOK

2017-10-24 04:30:06

Boom! There you have it.:)

2017-11-26 08:15:12

I played this back in the summer, but there was never anybody on.
It sounds like it's picked up again, so I'll have to get back over there soon.
PS - Is the soundpack for Mushclient or VIPMud?

2017-11-26 18:43:51

Playerbase is around 15-20 on a good day.

2017-11-27 02:26:26

There're soundpacks for both vip and mush. I'm maintaining the mush one.
Now the playerbase increases a lot after the lag fix thanks to some of you guys, and it can range from 5-20+ a day. seeing these numbers makes me happy.

2017-11-27 17:47:37

a little cough cough hint hint, the more people on at any one time, the more everyone's skill multiplier goes up, so we all benefit by being able to learn faster, so if you think CLOK is something you'd be interested, get on over there and give it a shot tongue

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-11-28 04:25:46

Righto righto! it's 10% gain for each after 10.

2019-04-11 23:30:45

Okay, Clok may be my new MUD home. Last night, I played for an hour or two. In that time, I did some foraging to get money, ate a few pot pies, which I could almost taste, although I kind of wish there were more messages than just three, and that they were more randomized because I got one or two more than once. I *remember* buying a pick ax, going into the mines, noticing that I couldn't go into the eastern tunnel, so I went into the dimmer southeastern one. There, I did some mining, although I wish the sounds in Mata's pack were a bit more self-explanatory of what's actually going on, because it changed a bit and sometimes I couldn't picture what's going on, especially one that sounds like I strike wood, and something falls. And then, something a bit cool and unexpected, a shade comes around! So, I'm not too cought up to this Canim business and that Nether stuff, so I go back to the main mining area. The mining chief don't care, so it must be pretty common. So I give it a while, and go back into the tunnel, and oh my goodness, it's still there, waiting on me, eager to see me, as it were, because it comes right at me. At first I pannic and just hit it with the pick ax, but that isn't my style of fighting and I know it. after getting hurt a bit, I wrap myself in bandages and go back to the main mining area to rest. I go back in, and I notice that the shade has, sort of, dimmed a bit. I don't think much of it, I just hope that my brawling skills can kill it. Nope, touching it hurts me much more than it hurts it. So, I wrap my wounds and rest a bit more. I go back in, with my sword and shield this time, like a propper person. This time, it's not all that needed, the thing sort of, fizzles out like a dying fire. Strange. So I put my war stuff away and get back to doing productive things, like, oh, clearing away the ruble that fell, which, now that I think of it, is probably what brought the spook around.

I mine some more, and another nether shade comes in. I grab my sword and shield, and bannish it properly this time, with a good sound slashing of my blade, and a healthy dosage of blocking with the shield. During the time of resting afterwards, I also forage more and buy a sling for practicing with rocks, and maybe getting good at not being the object of all this abuse my poor body has taken from all this. After mining more, I find a tin vein, so maybe I can get something out of this and sell it, and work on combatting the nether beings while I'm at it.

So yeah, thanks all who work on Clok, and Matta for the amazing sound pack, it really makes me feel like I'm there.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-04-12 00:30:46

I can't remember the damn name of my character that I want to come back as, my smith character. I feel like all my others just sort of went no where, but I liked the direction that the smith was going, I just can't remember the naaaaame.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-12 00:48:43

Well, if you can contact the Clok folks, maybe they can help you out with that? Not sure, lol. I can barely manage one character on there, let alone more than one. I'd rather have the one character do all he can, rather than juggle multiple ones. I really want to get into magic, though, thamatergy or whatever.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-04-12 00:49:53

By any chance, did you put it in the "share your names" thread?

2019-04-12 00:58:21

I kind of feel weird about contacting them about something like that, it's my problem, not theirs.

Clok is not a game where you will do anything and everything, you specialize.

I don't believe I did, but it's worth checking.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-12 01:32:22

Oh, well, maybe I'll have to just wing it and specialize in one of the magic stuff. I couldn't imagine having multiple characters to deal with.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-04-12 01:41:20

It's not a  big deal to me, others do the same, you just flip between them, it doesn't really require any special effort or anything.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-12 01:46:44

But if I am to RP, all my characters would act the same, lol. I'm not very good at RP anyway, so I'm not sure if I could do that well with multiple characters. The one I have reacts how I would react in that situation now, that's the best at RP as I can get.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-04-12 03:35:31

hie, what is the link for the mush sound pack for this mud? I tried to click on one, but it said that the page didn't work. thanks

2019-04-12 04:21:28

from "help soundpack"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/unmy6vtdiodj9 … e.rar?dl=1

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-04-12 05:07:13

The help soundpack links don't work now because I changed  the packs extention and move them to a more stable ftp server. Check my extended clokpack for more information.

2019-04-12 05:50:34

Yeah for RP, you really need to separate out your emotions and your characters. They shouldn't do what you do, act or react in the way you would. Once you've done that once, it's no big task to switch that out for another set of attributes.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-12 07:32:34

You can actually rp something close to yourself irl, with some changes to make your character fit in the world and its lore.

2019-04-12 15:33:56

to someone said  want to get into magical things, elemancer might be the easy one   to start, but  it is very  grindy