2017-11-26 05:45:31

So My current build of the game isn't working but some feedback on the mechanics im using would be awesome!

In my game your sitting in the passenger side of a parked car, the player will have 60 seconds to feel their way around and find different objects/hazards to move out of the way of their escape.

The play will be with touch screen, and the objects will function on touch, to eliminate complicated puzzle mechanics from the build. The general challenge of the game will be to get your barrings.

The player will be armed with their hand, that they can touch and smack against objects and hear their corresponding sounds. Earcons will be migraine esk noises that happen when you are close to a object/ hazard. Different background noises and distortion of noises will serve as obstetrical. on top of the object/ hazards spawning in at random locations inside the cabin of the car.

Is there any non obvious challenges you may see me encountering?

Is there anything you would like to see me touch on specifically within the game?

2017-11-26 07:46:30

Hi, is there any way we can look at this game? Also, what operating system is this game for?

2017-11-26 22:59:41

Moderation!

I'm afraid new releases room is only for games  actually have something playable released, so I am moving this topic, though feel free to create a new topic when you have something playable.

As regardes your game ideas and mechanics, First, Sean has the important question what operating system is this for? if it uses Windows touch screen I'm not sure how many people have a touch screen control device (I don't I'm afraid), so how testable it might be I'm not certain, also I wonder how you will cope with things such as starting the game, seeing score etc.

As regards the game idea itself, I'm afraid I don't quite understand how this one works.
Is the touch screen the playing area and the player needs to move their finger around the  entire screen to find some items whilst avoiding others? Or is the playing area of a different size with the touch screen defigning movement? or does the player simply need to scan the screen for objects they need, and then put those objects together in some sort of sequence? eg, first finding the key, then the lock, then the door handle to open the door?

The problem with audio scanning and touch screen games generally, is that they tend to wind up being relatively easy since the player can simply move their finger around logically to find the basic objects, so usually most of the more successful ones have some sort of added puzzle ontop of the basic touch screen mechanics.
For example, one of imho the most successful, blindfold barnyard on ios had the player move their finger around the screen to locate animals, then drag to either the top, bottom, left or right to hitch them to a fense, however the  can only hitch animals of one type to each fence, since if you hitch one of the wrong type you lose all your points, thus making it a game of memory and matching as well  audio scanning.

Hth.

I'm afraid it's not certain without playing your game or at least hearin a demo, indeed I might be %100 unsure of what exactly your game is.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)