2017-11-10 17:01:56

One challenge I can see coming, though I have no ideas how to solve it, will be the challenge of keeping track of all those objects once a bunch of people begin submitting their own creations, especially if it is your plan to grab any that are posted. Keeping track of what you have versus what you don't, could get interesting.

2017-11-10 18:39:43

No, not really. If we're talking if I moved hosting, all I would really need to do is download the folder and then put it back up on my new webserver. Of course, if I don't manage to break it in the process, lol. As I found out though, vps hosting, even unmanaged, is expensive!
It's unlikely I'll use vps hosting for a while, unless I by chance hosted an online game, though don't expect it.

2017-11-10 20:02:09 (edited by Jonnyboy1991 2017-11-10 20:04:44)

Omar Alvarado wrote:

To a degree, php is more or less bgt, but with a lot more flexibility. I'm currently learning how to code in it as I would like to update and improve my site  a little. Download counters would be nice, and maybe some other things.
I was going to say blog, though that's what wordpress and other plugins like that are for, and besides, I don't usually have much to say, honestly.
By the way, is there anyone who is using services like linode etc? I'm interested in shying away from my current plan, as it's kind of expensive for what I get. It's a shared web hosting starter pack, for 88 dollars a year.
They advertise unlimited traffic throughput, however your limited in what you can do to/with the services you get.
I wouldn't expect a move for a wile unless I square some things away, which is why I'm asking.
if your using windows hosting you can also chime in. What I want to know is what is the general process of maintaining/updating your site? Is it way easier to break it as compared to a shared hosting plan?
Thanks guys!

Figured I would chime in on this hole post and say 2 things. 1. .php is not that hard to learn, all you just need to think about is how the syntax is used. I code a lot in .php on a day to day bases and it does work. Second, I have multiple servers. One I'm using for my hosting services, which, ah, if you want it, we do offer web hosting, for free with our sub domain with 5 gigs of space, however if you need more disk space, or a top level domain, or already have one, prices for additional diskspace is a buck per gig, starting at which point how many gigs you will want. If you want more info about all of this, visit http://jc-hosting.me. and lastly, We are using linode. I have more of the expensive plans, how ever, they do come with $5 per months now so you can get away with that if you so need. You get root access and you can pretty much do whatever the hell you wanna do with your servers. Get in touch if you wanna know more or just reply. I'll be subscribing to this thingy.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2017-11-11 00:58:12

Hi guys,
So in digging around my hard drive I found a really old version of this game. I think it's the one slender demonstrated.
It doesn't even have a way to add your own objects, debris is a lot more spammy, it's way more likely to own your pc, and it does not have a mass destruction booster.
Would anyone be interested in playing with it? Rofl

2017-11-11 01:04:34

Hi,
Possibly, although I hope it wouldn't own my pc haha. I'll probably wait for the new version, although I might grab the old version for historical's sake.

2017-11-11 02:29:51 (edited by defender 2017-11-11 02:30:26)

You better fucking deliver on that flock of sheep object badger or so help me god I'll take all your duct tape away from you, and I mean it!

2017-11-14 10:35:34

Hey guys,
Quick update. My machine kind of took a dump, and I have spent time configuring a new one I bought.
I haven't forgotten about this thing, however if you read my twitter you will see what the majority of the time was like, lol. That being said, I look forward to producing the last update for you guys!

2017-11-15 03:10:29

Sorry to hear about that, sounds like an expensive stress fest, but major props for not pussying out on the project.
Maybe it shouldn't be such a big deal, but unfortunately it's more of the exception than the norm around here these days.

2017-11-15 04:44:25

Most of my time is being spent trying to disable this fucking waves crap, sorry for the language, for the last two days.
It's this enhancement that is supposed to make your audio sound better, however it makes screen readers almost impossible to understand. That, and the app that controls it is pretty much inaccessible.

2017-11-15 05:13:05

Yaye!
Maybe just remove it and install a more generic driver?
Or remove it all together if it doesn't cause problems.
Usually you even have generic replacement drivers on your actual machine already, so you don't even need to go hunting.

2017-11-15 05:15:32

The problem with that is I can't use a headset with a microphone in it, all I can use for a microphone is the built in one, unless I plug in an external card.

2017-11-15 11:18:06

Or a 10 dollar USB to 3.5 adapter slash blue tooth headphone adapter, but if it's a laptop, that's kind of annoying, and really why the fuck should you even have to do that.
Rage!

2017-11-19 02:21:19 (edited by Slender 2017-11-19 04:06:27)

Hey guys, Slender here. Recently, I got access to my old laptop again, and have obtained an old version of TTF. This version, while not quite the first, dates back to April of 2017, when the game was still just a shared concept between me and Omar. The chair loop was changed from the first release, however the rest of the objects are still speech, and the roflcopter is present in this release. You unlock the roflcopter at level 4000 instead of 250, and it is much easier to level up. No customization either, just fixed, encrypted sounds. you can download this version here.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2017-11-19 05:18:59

Oh god, fair note before you play, this version has potential to lag like hell, because there were no limits on, anything. At all.
Update: I'm recovering the source from an old backup, as the laptop I sent back completely corrupted it. I promise I will have this final update before 2018! Lol.

2017-11-19 06:58:05

Sadness.
But thanks for sticking with it, it's appreciated.

2017-11-19 09:04:53

Hello.

@Omar Alvarado.

If you have an IPhone you could try BeMyEyes.

It's completely free. It's an app that allows you to get help from a sighted volunteer and I think it would help you.

You could open the app and ask them to try to walk you through turning off this enhancement thing.

I'm gone for real :)

2017-11-19 18:24:05 (edited by electro 2017-11-19 18:26:35)

oh, again?
I hope the game gets recovered...
Ah, omar, is the source code that you have in that backup for recovering the game for the actual version, released a 6th november?
if that's it, then I'm going to play it again. If that's not it, then...

73 Wj3u

2017-11-24 01:32:15

Had more fun with this than I am able to explain.  Totally awesome.  I'm gunning for those sheep.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2017-11-24 02:07:23 (edited by SirBadger 2017-11-24 02:11:12)

the sheep have arrived. you can grab it from the repository. they may need a bit of work but who doesn't like flipping sheep.
or grab it from this drop box link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mgfow1z7wfmb … p.zip?dl=0

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-11-24 02:37:19 (edited by SirBadger 2017-11-24 02:39:05)

and I just put my full metal jacket one up as well. be warned, does contain strong language. kind of. could be a bit loud too, let me know and i'll fix it. just threw it together for fun.
drop box link if people are lazy is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgwie9b3b4qeh … t.zip?dl=0

2017-11-24 04:12:59

lol just hit level 7361 while I was seeing what the objects I made sound like. I think people may be amused by the full metal jacket one for a little while but it started to get on my nerves after a bit and I made the bloody thing.
the sheep are fun though if I do say so myself. keep flipping those sheep.

2017-11-24 08:30:40

This game is halarious! Man I'm having way more fun than I thought I would with it. I love to just imagine myself in a fancy dining room, and casually walk up to a table and flip it while the other guests look on in horror. Or walking down a beautiful country road and for whatever reason jusg going psycho and kicking the crap out of some cute fuzzy farm animals. It shouldn't be as fun as it is, but sorry it's a blast.

2017-11-24 20:57:59

eventually I'll have my fireplace object released, and if he adds the debris spread option, I can make it nuke half the map because, ya know, fire!

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-11-25 22:16:21 (edited by Omar Alvarado 2017-11-25 22:18:08)

Hey guys,
The update, has finally arrived! Changes include:
*Air Raids.
*The ability to download objects from the site.
*chaos selection for standard mode.
*Health system, you can now be hit by flying debris.
*New value and sound file possibilities for the process of object creation. Consult the manual for more information on this addition
*several bugs squashed, and some changes here and there.
You can grab the game from here.
Please note. This may be the last update for a while, still feel free to leave comments and or suggestions for when I next pick this back up.
Happy flipping!

2017-11-25 22:39:52

Further clarification. Chaos selection controls how many objects you will see on the map. This was conceived as the alternative to arbitrarily upgrading and downgrading the amount of objects on the map. Be aware that higher amounts will lag lower end PC's.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!