2017-11-22 06:58:19 (edited by kgilaud 2017-11-23 03:20:40)

Hi all, my name is Karl-Heinz Gilbert-Wason. I am a student at University of Baltimore currently enrolled in an Audio Only Game Development class.

I have been working on a game called Inferos. In this horror adventure game, the player must navigate through different parts of hell with the help of a disembodied demon. So far I only have one truly playable level. In this level the  player must escape an underground prison while trying their best to avoid any danger. There is an audio explanation of the controls in the main menu.

Any feedback on this demo would be great. Specifically, was it easy to form a mental map of the play space? Were there any specific difficulties you encountered with the controls? On a scale of 1 to 10 how spooky was this game? Any other feedback or suggestions to better this game would be appreciated

Edit: I realized I forgot to include the data files for the executable, link updated with data files and executable zipped together.

Link to executable download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pFMo2 … CM0xIcJRBl

2017-11-22 08:04:08

When I extracted the data folder and the EXE and tried to run the game, I got the following error:

The code execution cannot proceed because UnityPlayer.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2017-11-22 08:56:19

I did some searching and apparently it has something to do with my version of Unity. I will look into a fix tomorrow.

2017-11-23 03:21:46

Sorry it took me so long to fix this issue, I was at work all day. I updated the zip with the file needed to solve that issue so hopefully it works now.
Link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pFMo2 … GCM0xIcJRB

2017-11-23 10:04:14

This sounds really cool, but it would be nice if you could use the left and right arrow keys as an alternative to the mouse for turning.

Allot of blind people don't really use mice, it used to be almost none but a game came out a few years ago (called Swamp) that got most of us to go out and buy one and learn how.
Problem is, that game became subscription based a couple years back, causing the playerbase to shrink massively.
Therefore, most people chucked their mouse in a box and forgot about it, or just didn't buy a new one when it inevitably broke (most people didn't get expensive ones for just one or two games).
Of course their are laptop track pads, but the majority of those suck, and while their are people who happily welcome any audio game with mouse support, it's still a minority.
Now that said, the more hardcore guys, the ones who would stream your game for instance, they almost always have one, but the average player probably doesn't.
So if ya can't do it without spending allot of effort that could be used on other facets of development, than don't sweat it, but you will unfortunately get less players...