2017-11-17 23:50:05

For those who might want to try and OCR their Xbox One games under Windows 10, The following instructions may help:
1. have your Xbox on and connected to the same network as your computer
2. Make sure that no controllers are plugged into your PC.
3. Make sure all streaming options are ticked under broadcast and capture in your Xbox One settings.
4. Now go to connection in the Xbox App and connect to the console.  When you click stream, you'll see a message saying that no controllers are connected to your PC.  Press tab to get to the continue button and press enter on it.
5. Alt tab a couple of times to go away and back into the app and you should be able to press insert+r to OCR and, depending on the game, you might see text appearing.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-11-18 00:19:29

I can't imagine this working. Nearly every game, if not every game, uses 3D graphics and text, not text that can be OCRed like a VM in VMware would use. Unless NVDA and Windows 10 have suddenly gained the ability to OCR 3D Text, this probably has a 0-2 percent chance of success, and even 2 percent will probably yield garbage.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2017-11-18 00:59:15 (edited by JimmyDub 2017-11-18 01:00:46)

it works already. if you would just read other topics instead of being like this about almost everything then maybe you would see others using ocr for a lot of games already.

2017-11-18 01:00:23

I get lag when I stream though so I really don't use it at all, but I can confirm that OCR works with all the games I have.

2017-11-18 01:27:32 (edited by cj89 2017-11-18 01:28:26)

It's a bit of a hit and miss and figuring out what to unjumble at times, but what OCR isn't?

2017-11-18 18:11:43

I've never had any kind of success to speak of using OCR with the xbox ap, but the whole experience is pretty unstable in the first place because of my internet I think. I have used seing AI and managed to pick out a few words on the screen though. I do know for a fact that OCR can work with the xbox ap, however, because it's very clearly demonstrated in the UFC thread.

2017-11-18 21:19:43

I've just tried this out for the first time, with limited success.
In mortal kombat x, menus, messages and even move date all read out.
It doesn't give button combinations, but that's far more than I got before!  Long story short, I'm a happy camper.

2017-11-20 08:53:29

Hi.
Thanks a lot for the instructions. Why are you suggesting not to connect the controller to the pc?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-20 11:30:54

@7
Pretty much how I felt when I loaded up Injustice 2 and was able to get AI loadouts configured (with some difficulty) and get a few extra achievements in Tekken 7.

@8
Because, seemingly, if you connect it to your PC, it doesn't work the same way.  I'll try and double check when I can but I could never get it working with a controller plugged in to my PC, but as soonas I use the process documented above, OCR works as expected.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-11-20 23:18:19

I plugged in my ps4 controller into my pc and it worked.