2017-11-20 21:33:29

Well there are choices for those with limited access or low caps if it ever becomes an issue.
Especially with sighted users and graphics etc.
Firstly, split downloads I guess.
The other thing is, cd or a flash drive to fit the game, now I'd imagine that would cost a bit more including extra to ship.
I do get backup disks with some orders when I can especially if I get extra goodies with it.
Usually the cd backups are 5 bucks, taking into account the disks are probably 20-50 cents per disk, if its paper the case is really not much more than 50 cents heck even a slimline is probably no more than 1 dollar, a full case can be a couple bucks maybe 3 I have looked.
Its cheaper to buy your disk cases in bulk.
There is the shipping fee.
Now Flash drive wize, I know for I think 8 bucks you can buy a small drive, in fact 12 bucks can get you a reasonable drive up to 16gb in size the smallest is 4gb I can get here.
I know a 32gb drive is like 20 bucks.
The issue would then be finding local distributers.
On the subject of login, logins for registration are quite good unless you loose your password or something.
Registration info doesn't take time to download not to long.
Ofcause you can encode your info into your game but then you have issues like release versions, needing another code and the piracy aspect to I guess.
Saying that, I don't see any problem if say a user on here can't download the game but had brought it and needs a disk or a drive if a user close to them in the same country or close to that arranges a postal shipment with a drive or a cd with the stuff in it for maybe the postal fee and cost of media.
The issue would be international to well where ever.
Its why I wouldn't do it, it would cost the user more to get it shipped pluss I'd have to envolve people.
Saying that if I was payed to distribute then I guess I could do it.
I do think there should be some additions, soundtrack addition, maybe other additions.
In the old days when it still existed back in the 90s and which I still have, I got futureboy.
There were 3 additions.
1.  a 10 buck version which was a 200mb download.
2.  a 15 buck version which was the cd in a paper case with the game.
3.  a 25 dollar version which came in a flash case, with manual, programming guide, all the platforms the game ran with, all the goodies, easter eggs, etc, the program the game was made in hugo, and 3 or so programming guides to that.
I got the everything version.
I never used the entire thing but it was just what I did in those days.

2017-11-21 00:49:16

Hi there Joseph, I have a curious question. You are more than welcome to say the information can't be told at this time. But, I'm wondering how the saving process in AHC will be done?

2017-11-21 01:36:45

We'll just have to wait and see. I wouldn't be surprised if the tavern or the temple were involved since a lot of RPG's, particularly in the older days would have the priest or the innkeeper save your game. Then of course there would be save points in certain dungeons.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-11-21 02:19:50

From what i've heard in the demos, it sounds like you'll book a room in the tavern or something like that. I don't know for sure, that would be kinda cool though

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-21 04:18:31

I'm asuming like in most games there will be a save option in the main menu

2017-11-21 11:07:43

Like I've heard that you could save anywhere at anytime you want, like Manamon and some other games.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-11-21 15:49:35

Technically this falls under "you can wait to find out on December 29" but since it's an easy answer: you just save. Whenever, wherever you want, in as many slots as you want. We don't have the same storage restrictions as old cartridge-based games so there's no reason to limit users to specific save points or save slots.

2017-11-21 17:02:47

That makes sense. It wasn't that uncommon for cartridge-based RPG's to give you the option to just save wherever, though you were still restricted to usually three save slots. But I get the idea from the demo that the room you get in the tavern is where other characters hang out when not in your active party. and it's only a month and eight days till launch folks. Fingers crossed...

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-11-21 18:23:16

Awesome Joseph, thanks for the answer. I love that idea. Yes, I could have waited till the game out to find out how the saving process works, but, all the same, thanks for that.

2017-11-21 18:58:27

Yeah. Fingers crossed that things go as planned. This would make an excellent Christmas present to myself.

2017-11-21 20:53:07

it's gonna be great!

2017-11-21 23:20:41

Agreed. Let's hope it starts a trend in our market.

2017-11-22 17:34:09

Joseph,
An evil and devious idea would be to charge extra for each save slot!
The game is $19.95 but for an extra $1 you get another slot, or $10 for 20 slots!
Or you can buy a subscription to A Hero's Call Slots, for $2 a month and you get 5 monthly slots added to the game!
This is something the Grinch would love.

2017-11-22 17:54:38

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.

2017-11-22 20:06:30

Oh lol paying for save slots? My, god no comment. Btw it's a month and a week, pretty excited.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-11-22 22:23:39

Oh yeah. We're all on pins and needles I'm sure.

2017-11-22 23:00:00

I rarely get excited about a game pre release, but count me on board.  Good to have some good news and a positive vibe on the forum.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2017-11-23 18:28:18

Yeah. I honestly believe AHC has potential to be the start of something great.

2017-11-24 08:06:54

Lol until I saw hadi.gsf at 154 I thought I was literally the only one who had no idea what this is about. Phil gave a good description somewhere earlier in the topic, but before I saw that that I also just saw all the excitement but had no clue what the game actually was. Sounds good though, especially if this much time has gone into it. Plus tactical battle is one of my favourite audiogames, so if Ian is involved I'm sure it'll be good.

2017-11-24 19:36:44

Yeah. We're now a month and five days from release.

2017-11-27 05:52:48

will your game support screen readers?
in the nvda screen reader there is a function of copying to the clipboard the last read text which can then be translated by the online translation program.
I do not know how to copy the text that is read by the Speech API.

2017-11-27 08:47:53

Yes, the game does support screenreaders. It have a translation feature build in as well.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-27 08:54:18

I'm so hyped for this game.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2017-11-27 17:25:43

Oh me too, the more so the closer we get.

2017-11-27 18:04:45

I've been using this game as inspiration. As a novelist, the music of this game really resonates with Edarvur and I collectively. I have only thanks to give Out Of Sight Games as a collective whole. That said, I am not counting down to the game, and that's only for one reason: The more I count it down, the longer it will feel like it is taking. Father Time can be a pruel man indeed.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.