2017-11-16 19:03:08

Well, now that you say that, reading all posts of this topic; I noticed that  Noone has pointed out  the game mechanics and how they work.
How complex is it; How newbie friendly is the combo system?
Killer instinct has an amazing combo system which is pretty newbie friendly; But SFV for example, is much more complex and needs very exact timing and strong memory for each combo. How about Injustice? Any ideas?

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2017-11-16 19:18:05 (edited by anthony002 2017-11-16 19:19:51)

Combos in the injustice games usually involve nocking the aponent up into the air with some sort of string that incorporates a launcher, then following up with a combination of strings, special moves, and dashes. There are exceptions, however, because some special moves leave the enemy stunned without nocking them into the air allowing you to follow up. Another thing I should mention is that basic strings and special moves are easily linked together, and that's where a lot of good combos will come from. I've never had any problems doing huge combos in NRS games, as I find it very easy to tell not only where I am on the screen, but if I've managed to get my aponent stunned or airboarn.

2017-11-16 19:19:24 (edited by stewie 2017-11-16 19:19:34)

I'd say Injustice is somewhere between Killer Instinct and Street Fighter V in terms of combo difficulty. It uses the Mortal Kombat 9 and X system where you dial in (press a sequence of attack buttons quickly for preset attack strings) then combine them into special cancels, jumps, etc. You need reasonably strict timing but its nowhere near as soul crushing as Street Fighter V is.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-11-16 20:45:41

Pretty much your answer in two well put posts. I find NRS games to have timing which is far, far too loose, sometimes having timing too tight actually makes combos not work... so I like KI and Street Fighter where the timing does have to be precise. KI doesn't just let you tap buttons and have things work.. even with Jago's around the world ability you have to be reasonably accurate with your timing not to drop the combo. Street Fighter V is actually far easier than its predecessor, IV had some of the stupidest timing in a fighting game. so I'm glad they loosened it up a little for this one. When I play matches I can usually nail combos with very consistent success.. and because SF relies on shorter combos than the other two games and doesn't use preset strings, it's actually more fun to create your own combos that way, at least for me.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-11-18 14:47:42

is anyone hype for the ninja turtles joining the cast? I know I am. not currently playing injustice these days, but once leo and the gang join the roster, I will definitely be picking this back up

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2017-11-18 17:57:42

I mean I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty hyped about it! I think they're gonna be a blast to play, and I've always loved the ninja turtles. Could they have chosen one of the many available DC chars over them? Yes they could have, but they didn't, so we got what we got. And come on, the ninja turtles fighting Batman? No one can say that's not at least a little bit cool. I do wonder if there will be more dlc chars in the future though.

2017-11-18 18:24:30

Too many guest characters IMPO... granted I never really got into this game, but MKX had the same thing happen. Sure they're fun to play, but it would be nice to actually have more characters from... ya know, DC?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-11-18 18:55:05

Not excited in the least.. and this is why I stopped playing NRS games a long time ago. Freddy in MK 9 was kind of cool... and so were the first couple in MK X. But it got a little too much after that... this is a game that's supposed to be showcasing DC fighters. With more than 50 years of material for DC, and 25 years of Mortal Kombat lore, you would think they would start pulling from those.. but it's al about novelty, I suppose.

2017-11-18 22:06:30 (edited by hadi.gsf 2017-11-18 22:08:25)

Smoothgunner any ideas how can i  decode mother boxes?
Also thanks anyone for the posts, I bought the game, It's pretty fun for now, maybe not very perfect in game mechanics compared to sfv, but I like the sound effects, totally better than sfv.

2017-11-19 01:38:20

Does anyone have advice on actually getting close to your opponent to hit them? My experience with the game so far as Batman is to desperately throw out the down forward grapple attack and hope it hits while someone throws about 5 projectiles at me in a few seconds.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2017-11-19 03:30:43

Jumping exists... lol. Also, blocking and baiting. All good things to try... if someone is throwing projectiles, use your own as well. Throwing out the same attack again and again doesn't do anything except make you predictable. big_smile Also make use of your dashes every time you manage to knock down an opponent.

2017-11-19 18:23:26

I’m getting a lot more enjoyment out of it now I’m using the OCR features.  I just wish there was a way to mute the console sound on my computer .  Seriously though, even though I can’t read button  inputs, the fact that I can actually read menus and move data makes me incredibly happy .

2017-11-19 21:22:15

How do you read move data? For me I can read the names but none of the inputs.

2017-11-19 22:41:43

hi guys, 3 days ago game released for PC on steam

i'm gonna try it out see if my computer can run it

2017-11-20 11:30:15

It doesn’t read button inputs unfortunately, but it does read move properties like damage,  type and frame data.

2017-11-20 12:53:45

what OCR method do you guys use, cloud OCR, windows 10 OCR, jaws OCR?

2017-11-20 17:30:33

anybody on steam wants to  play? give me your steam link so i could add you and  then we'll figure how to play. If you want to add me, the link is:
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/hadigsf

2017-11-20 18:19:08

Since some of you guys seem to already have the game, I would like to ask, if the port was done propperly. What I mean is, are the story sequences in propper stereo this time?
Does the sound behave normal, and not like it was in Mortal Kombat Komplete edition, where you couldn't center your character?
I also would like to know, if you could use OCR on Windows 10, for example to set up an online match, or change the options in the game.

2017-11-20 19:40:58 (edited by Shadowcat 2017-11-20 19:41:45)

Also, probably a longshot for NRS but does this game actually have lower graphic quality options for lower end machines? Or is it like MKKE and X where they basically said, welp... that's too bad, you're SOL.

2017-11-20 20:06:42

IT doesn't have a low graphics option, And i can't set the damn resolution below 1024 x 576.
This sucks because I can't get a lock on 60 FPS and my pc goes between 40 and 60, which  is shitty since  you need a solid 60 fps to be able to do combos perfectly I think.

2017-11-20 21:26:30

I'll stick to killer instinct and naruto for PC gaming then, lol granted my computer isn't exactly low spec, but it doesn't handle graphic-intensive games well... which is why naruto's resolution option of 320X200 is excellent, I can't see it anyways.

2017-11-23 21:13:00

So,  I have found the gear system to be somewhat usable .  Yes we can’t read the stats, but we can read the name, rarity, as well as special properties of the more important stuff .  The only thing I can’t quite figure out at the moment it’s how to sell things.  Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I am absolutely loving this game now !

2017-11-23 21:37:02

Stats are pretty important... lol. But I suppose this is progress at least.

2017-11-24 00:11:21

To appoint, if you’re playing single player, most opponents have similar stats to you anyway.  At least we can read the stats of our characters regardless which is also helpful .  I’m very encouraged by this though just swapped out a piece because the augment was a lot more useful than the one I previously had.

2017-11-24 00:12:36

I haven’t received any extra abilities as of yet, but they should be very easy to equip once gained.