2017-11-19 06:27:00

Hello everyone. I have been playing The Lost Heir trilogy over and over again, attempting to get certain things. Namely, magical artifacts blocked to me due to the lack of skill to attain them. Warning, minor spoilers may lie ahead. So, there is one magical item in particular I am trying to get. It's in the cave Karl/Karla takes you through. If you go down a branching corridor, you find a temple. If you kill the skeletons there, you find a pedistal with something on it, but you need sixty devices to avoid the traps. Here's the issue: Magic seems to be the only way to immobilize the things, and if you want those sixty devices, you should probably be a thief. My question is very general but this is just one example: How do you guys play it so you have high numbers in a wide range of skills that will still allow you to be effective in combat and other such things? Another example that comes to mind is the bard. They have basically no combat skills in the level ups, and what I guess I'm getting at is it's extremely hard to build a balanced character. Any tips?

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.