2017-11-18 21:23:04

I get a constant error navigating through the menus. It says, "menu music volume cannot be set, even when I have downloaded a fresh copy of the game and deleted the old one. This happens no matter if I use a headset or the built in sound system.

Journalist and gamer

2017-11-29 08:17:17

Hi every one
I wanted to ask does any one still know if this game is still going to be updated?
It would reely be nice if we had like an online mode where players could fight against each other.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2017-11-30 20:05:01

I just recently found this game, and while I don't often play speed-based games much anymore due to arthritis of the wrists and fingers, I was able to enjoy this game on beginner and was able to do ok on apprentice. Still haven't gotten the hang of twirls on knight, and it's too fast for me in any case I think. I was wondering if there was any plans to maybe make this a more 3-d action game, where we can move about in various environments and engage in battles and perhaps other activities? Thanks for an enjoyable game.

AKA president731

2017-12-21 08:55:52

Hello, all!
After some silence, I am proud to release version 2.3 of CoL, found via the in-game updater! This version contains a new mapping system which allows me to add more and more maps to the survival mode in the future. Currently there's two: the starship one and the ice of Hoth.
Happy slashin!

Deep routes are not reached by the frost.

2017-12-21 12:47:12

Thork wrote:

I get a constant error navigating through the menus. It says, "menu music volume cannot be set, even when I have downloaded a fresh copy of the game and deleted the old one. This happens no matter if I use a headset or the built in sound system.

Hello Thork,
Launch your game as administrator, it will be ok.

I usualy speak french, so please excuse all my english mistakes. Thanks!

2017-12-21 14:18:36

Hello all!
I just pushed out V2.4 which includes a swapped order of mode and difficulty selection menus to allow new modes without a certain difficulty. These will include, at least, a level mode.

2017-12-21 15:48:44

Hi,
AVG does not like the updater. Worse, I can't report it falsely properly because my OCR isn't scanning the window correctly. What URL is it pointing to? It was blocked by web shield, something prometheus enterprizes but I couldn't see the propper url because it had loads of stuff in the way and wasn't displaying the window properly. If you could give me a link to the file it's pointing to, I can report it to AVG and they will hopefully make it work again, there's so many false detections lately now. In the new year I hope to get rid of AVG from my pc though. Interestingly, I could grab the current version of the game on the first post, make the updater download the update, but then, when the download finishes, AVG pops up. A lot of downloads are being blocked by this stupid web shield lately and this is starting to annoy me now.

2017-12-22 12:01:43

Hello,
it's pointing to prometheus-enterprises.com/games/CoL.exe

2017-12-22 16:02:00

Well I've sent a message to AVG now, so I guess we'll see.

2017-12-23 17:41:48

Wow, I like this new version! It's awesome! When I'm fighting on Hoth and hear the icy wind and the snow cracking when I'm walking, I feel like as if I'm really there! Keep adding more maps and maybe levels and Stormtroopers who attack randomly.
Thanks!

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2017-12-28 11:05:15

The coll gamer wrote:

Wow, I like this new version! It's awesome! When I'm fighting on Hoth and hear the icy wind and the snow cracking when I'm walking, I feel like as if I'm really there! Keep adding more maps and maybe levels and Stormtroopers who attack randomly.
Thanks!

That's exactly my plan! smile There is already structural code for different enemy types. The level mode will be the actual game, survival and one-battle will be bonuses once this is all ready.

2017-12-28 21:06:36

konsta wrote:
The coll gamer wrote:

Thanks!

That's exactly my plan! smile There is already structural code for different enemy types. The level mode will be the actual game, survival and one-battle will be bonuses once this is all ready.

Thank you so much! This game is addicting! Finally we have a Star Wars game for the blind! big_smile big_smile

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2018-04-16 09:54:43

Greetings, and my sincere appologies for letting you wait so long for the next release!
I will be releasing an update to CoL shortly (hopefully today?) including some more maps in survival mode, the ability to use the Force to set up a saber ward for some time with shift+up arrow (during which time you cannot attack), and the same ability for the enemy. If I have enough time to finalize its test, I will also enable the level mode.
Happy slashin'!

2018-04-16 14:20:44

How will the level mode work?

2018-04-16 15:46:24

this reminds me of the star wars trilogy arcade game where you had to duel darth vader.  I feel like that game could pretty easily be made into an accessible version.

2018-04-17 04:36:15

dan_c wrote:

this reminds me of the star wars trilogy arcade game where you had to duel darth vader.  I feel like that game could pretty easily be made into an accessible version.

Actually, I am thinking of adding Vader as the last battle in level mode. Or story mode, it can be called both. smile
@caio: it will have various enemy types on different maps. Right now I am testing saber smash which, if working, will be used to destroy doors and other objects.

2018-04-17 06:32:02

Hi all
This is Erick, I'm trying to help out this developer and I have some great ideas and features such as:
1. Allowing the ability to walk around and use your lightsaber. You could press enter to turn on the lightsaber and smash a few things, like that door Konsta was mentioning. Also, you could smash enemies and walk away and smash again.
2. Adding more character. For those that don't know, Darth Vader has 4breathing modes, 1. Slow, when standing still or when slowly approaching something, 2. normal, walking, 3. fast, when when he is using his lightsaber and, 4. Injured breathing. I also have some other Darth Vader breathing sounds like fast and normal but I will have to edit it, because it's all in one. Also, who will be the voice of Darth Vader, or will you get some quotes from the movie? Thanks.

I hope you enjoy some of my ideas, thanks. Bonus idea: Adding the ability to use different lightsabers

2018-04-17 08:29:45

If you're going the route of having someone doing a Vader voice, you'll want someone who can sound as close to James Earl Jones as possible. Otherwise it'll just sound weird. i'm not quite sure about how the electronic effect is done. It sounds like a very fast echo.

2018-04-17 13:54:03

A better idea, for bosses would be to put darth sideous as the last one..
After all, he is the emperor.. Vader should come before him as he is, technically Sideous's enforcer. I'm looking forward to the level mode: I've always wanted to be able to like cripple the empire and kill several stormtroopers.

2018-04-17 14:03:02

Alsso, a few more thoughts:
1- The force should be expanded.. To my knowledge, it currently affects your lightsaber. It would be good if players were able to say push your enemi back, use force shoke, throw lightning, that sort of thing. I'm just throwing out randon thoughts, really.
Alsso, would it be pocible to increase the number of saber-hitting sounds?

2018-04-17 16:15:05

caio wrote:

Alsso, a few more thoughts:
1- The force should be expanded.. To my knowledge, it currently affects your lightsaber. It would be good if players were able to say push your enemi back, use force shoke, throw lightning, that sort of thing. I'm just throwing out randon thoughts, really.
Alsso, would it be pocible to increase the number of saber-hitting sounds?

Thanks for the ideas!
The Force effects will be added to the level mode, as in one-battle and survival mode you don't really see your enemy except for when you're dueling him, and none of you really moves (will be called battle mode in level mode). Additional lightsabers shall be added once I get the sounds structural code ready for different versions.

2018-04-17 16:31:16

@konsta Glad to help.. I've always been a great fan of star wars. I do have a lot of material from the old star wars legends, from Darth Bane up to the end of the Yusanvong war.

2018-04-17 17:44:25

I was thinking here..
Have you got any idea about the history you'd like to tell? Because if not, here are a few thoughts:
I think the level mode should be long: The more unlockable content we have, the more motivated people will be to play it.
Ideally, I'd like to see it going from the end of the clone wars, going through order 66, ending at the end of the civil war. Doing an auternative timeline wouldn't be such a bad idea, eiter..

2018-04-17 17:47:53

Hi,
I must say I hope the combat does improve a bit, because at the moment it feels very turn based/rhythmic.
Light Battles actually changed quite a bit by the time the beta version came out, and I got to try it a few years later. Instead of taking turns you can move left, center and right, and these factors effected ability to hit and such, interestingly the further away you were from your opponent, the more likely you were to hit, and even that didn't necessarily work out in your favour. Looking back, I'd say it wasn't the best of systems as it still didn't necessarily feel like a duel, but it was definitely a very different concept.
In the Star Wars Trilogy arcade game, for instance, you actuall had to wait quite patiently, and it became a battle of following arrows a bit like a QTE which also isn't the best thing ever, but it was a bit more like a battle than the game currently sounds.
Trouble is, if we came up with a new system, would this thing really be a tribute to Lightbattles anymore?

2018-04-17 18:04:20

@aaron I simply think the system should be improved.. This is turning into something more than just a tribute and thats a good thing.
As for an auternative systems.. I think the current system isn't a a bad thing, it just needs to be improved.. Make things randon, allow players to attack without having to deffend first, while allowing the same to your enemi.. An auternative to this mode would be making it so players can openly walk, giving a small range to sabers.. So for example: I walk right, my enemi walks left and swings at me. For me to block his strikes, I have to press a deffence button, matching the speed of his swings.