2017-11-06 08:06:52

Hi. It's been a long time since I wrote my last post here. This time I won't annoy you with my feedbacks big_smile just, wanna drop a suggestion, or a report, what ever: think when staying in the water, it should cool your body. Nah, I think it's been implemented already, and now some of you will say hey, don't waste your time talking about it here. Yes, even if the thing that you should be, ahem , cooled down while staying in the water is there, it works oddly for me. Imagine my temperature is warm enough, and I am just diving, so in the real world, which stw is trying to imitate, if you dive your temperature will decrease, unless it's not hot water. In the stream, river, there can't be hot water because, the water there is actually moving, even if a stream is in one of hot places, such as desert. So here my suggestion is... And perhaps this is already in progress don't know, could we, when staying in the water, get cooler rather our body temperature could deccrease? Especially when diving. I'm talking about streams and rivers only, lakes... Well it depends. Also the stream can be warm but usually, this thing with water temperatures difference happens in places like sea, so... Hope something of what I said will be considered, thank you.

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2017-11-06 13:24:35 (edited by Amine 2017-11-06 13:27:05)

@Luciana
You already do cool down in water sources, not all of them though. I'll take a look at all of them later and see if I can adjust the rest to cool you down like they are supposed to. I know the spring - rocky spring, shallow stream and pond at mainland, river of tears and all of the oceans are already set to change your temp like they are meant to.
@alireza the registration is already closed and we reatched the max of members that are allowed to register. Smoke-j was online all day yesterday but you weren't there, too bad you missed it. Maybe a next time.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-11-06 17:49:44

The new building process is delicately exquisite. At any rate, I'd like to articulate about my very modest thought which I apprehend
The water places shall assuredly be modified to colden you. If my brain memorizes flawlessly, I had to use ice as soon as the weather system is compelled to be changed, even when I am in the water.

Life is one so live it

2017-11-07 13:43:54

Thank you @Amine! smile It'll be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2017-11-11 21:23:35

Does anyone know how to get across the fence in the grassland.  That leads to the Berrypatch?

2017-11-11 22:09:31

what's that new item? can someone spoil it?

2017-11-15 19:24:04 (edited by Amine 2017-11-15 19:37:23)

I will post this here just so everybody knows, the second 2v2 pk event is over, thanks to smoke-j for organizing it and to everyone that was reffing the event. It was fun I must say, as a participent. . the recordings are up on bsg. Check them out on the bsg event archives page
Also, there is a vote on the bsg blog on how you guys would like the future events to be organized, check it out and vote if interested
Other stuff that is black screen gaming related, the map descriptions as well as the table cell STW world map were updated, you can check everything out here

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-11-16 09:41:05

Wow. Nice update to the website. A lot of work has been put into this for sure...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-18 09:25:28

Hi,
For goodness sake, can the speedhack sound be change to something else which is better? I know that intention is to punish people from speedhacking. But it is not reliable and people playing normally are affected as well. That type of sound, when hearing it on a loud volume in a headset, is terrible for the ears. As far as the game is for fun, you need to consider the effect it can cause from that screeching sound to your ears. Sam does not need to show his sexi voice in that manner.

On the positive note, thank you smoke-j for the new craftable item. I have seen that this block shelter now is harder to destroy, and it has chairs and table inside which is good, compare to the old one.

2017-11-18 13:02:09

Yeah, I can’t even play thanks to the stupid speedhack thing. Sam,  either fix it or just remove it. This is getting stupid now.
Sorry if this sounds harsh.

2017-11-18 13:19:24

I think the sound of the speedhack should be replaced with a mild buzzing sound, sort of like the one that Super Egg Hunt uses when you try to run a cheat engine against it. There should be a buzzing sound, and a more milder voice of Sam or screen reader message saying speedhack detected.
The first time I heard it, I was in the main menu, I wasn't even logged on. I turned on my headset, and the screeching was so loud I nearly jumped out of my skin! Anyhow, at first I thought it said feedback detected or something, and that it had to do with my Bluetooth headset.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-11-18 16:51:04

Lol. Feedback detected? Hahaha

2017-11-18 17:22:37

wel. just for your information. it's not bad for the ears if you just hear it now and then so don't come up with that argument because it's not valid at all

2017-11-18 17:25:23

charliemerry1902 wrote:

Yeah, I can’t even play thanks to the stupid speedhack thing. Sam,  either fix it or just remove it. This is getting stupid now.
Sorry if this sounds harsh.

ok. the specific rason that you're getting speedhacks is because you have a computer with too low ram , how much did ya have, 4 gigs? at least something similar. and you have a CPU that goes at 1.8 ghz if i'm not wrong+you're running a virtual machine on top of that that's going to run 2 difrent systems at the same time. with that low specks expect pseedhacks and a laggy game.

2017-11-18 21:42:12

Although I know what you mean  regarding the specs, other games like redspot and BTB both of which have speedhack detection have only miss flagged me a few times and that was normally because of server lag and  stuff like that.  So my question is, why STW? Also why does it do it in menus? When it’s least inportant, when you’re not  even properly playing yet. Again, i’m Not just saying all this because i’m Just looking for something to complain about, i’ve Been wanting to try this thing for a wile now and this hole speedhack thing is  seriously pissing me off.

2017-11-18 21:54:47 (edited by sito 2017-11-18 21:56:24)

that's because 1, the btb speedhack code works diferently than the speedhack code for stw and redspot
2, redspot get constant updates where sam already has fixed the speedhacking code while stw haven't got a serious update for a year now+redspot got the update which fixed the speedhack thing later than stw because at that time sam, i guess didn't know what the issue was. that's why

2017-11-18 21:59:01

Well anyways, hopefully they’ll be some sort of update soon,  assuming sam is still working on the game.

2017-11-19 13:48:22

No one became deaf because of the speedhack sound alert, however Sam can just lower its value and problem solved. If it is even a problem. But there are way more better things to worry about, like updates which I am into

Life is one so live it

2017-11-19 13:52:28

The sound isn’t what’s pissing me off, it’s the fact that I can’t!  Even! Play! Ok? Ok.

2017-11-20 00:30:49

Hi
I don't know why, but when ever I want to play this game, I make a character, play for abit, then when I want to play next day my char gets deleted. Dubble checked the spelling and everything, but no luck. I have heard from an other fred that your username has to have more then 4 letters and that there needs to be at least one number, But when I created an other account, That time BigGun04, it deletes it as well. Anyone know what's causing this problem?

If life gives you communism, become a communist dictator.

2017-11-20 05:13:18

Hi @BigGun,

BigGun wrote:

Hi
I don't know why, but when ever I want to play this game, I make a character, play for abit, then when I want to play next day my char gets deleted. Dubble checked the spelling and everything, but no luck. I have heard from an other fred that your username has to have more then 4 letters and that there needs to be at least one number, But when I created an other account, That time BigGun04, it deletes it as well.

As far as I am aware, your name can be whatever you want now, so long as you don't purposefully and knowingly impersonate someone else.

Anyone know what's causing this problem?

As far as the deletion is concerned, since you have a free account, the spam filter in the game sometimes flags innocent chars that are not spam, depending on where you are on the map, like the edges of it, for example.

Don't give up! Have fun, and enjoy yourself once you get recreated. Maybe the next time it won't land you on the edges, where the filter marks your char as spam big_smile.

2017-11-20 07:30:04

Where did you hear about characters being marked as spam if they are on the exit of a map?
Also, if yu don't log in for thirty days, your account will be deleted no matter what you did. Also, there is a certain letter to number ratio combination that can sometimes be marked as spam as well.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-11-20 11:41:21

angel_diva22 wrote:

Hi @BigGun,

BigGun wrote:

Hi
I don't know why, but when ever I want to play this game, I make a character, play for abit, then when I want to play next day my char gets deleted. Dubble checked the spelling and everything, but no luck. I have heard from an other fred that your username has to have more then 4 letters and that there needs to be at least one number, But when I created an other account, That time BigGun04, it deletes it as well.

As far as I am aware, your name can be whatever you want now, so long as you don't purposefully and knowingly impersonate someone else.

Anyone know what's causing this problem?

As far as the deletion is concerned, since you have a free account, the spam filter in the game sometimes flags innocent chars that are not spam, depending on where you are on the map, like the edges of it, for example.

Don't give up! Have fun, and enjoy yourself once you get recreated. Maybe the next time it won't land you on the edges, where the filter marks your char as spam big_smile.

I'm sorry but there is no such thing that your character gets deleted if it's on a map edge. Also, your character doesn't have to have numbers at all, in fact it's advised to not use numbers in a character name as this is an rpg. Your character gets spam killed only if: you have the default inventory, your char name has less than 5 letters in it, if it has a strange non alphabetical letter sometimes, or if you don't log in for 30 days. Payed accounts do not get spam killed however.

Greetings.
My twitter

2017-11-21 00:12:34 (edited by angel_diva22 2017-11-21 00:26:40)

Oh, my bad. I had remembered I think from when someone had written that you get deleted, if you are on the edges of the map. Or, maybe, that was just an idea or something? I don't know. It was such a long time ago, when the filter was being implemented. So yeah, who knows when it was or who wrote it in the out of character channel or on other social networks I go on. So when it was said, I thought that that is part of what was implemented in it when I wrote my reply. I had also thought I remembered someone at some point saying it was implemented for a while, but again, so many comings and goings on STW, and in the community on social networks in general. It was such a while back that all this was said, and things have changed since then, hahaha. Either way, try, at least, not to give up. I know getting deleted from things can be angering and frustrating.

Take care,

big_smile

2017-11-25 13:53:12

Hi all, wat doo I need for the Hammer? i mean, how could i harden the soft hammerhead? in the crafting guide on BSG is the older recipe.
Thanks for help, I need it for metal forge