2017-11-02 02:06:45

Hi,
I just wanted to share a bit of a recording I made this evening.
It starts with one of my friends overturned a big glass of coke. Some of it went out over the recorder.
Then my other friend takes the recorder and says it is wet and washes it in the sink, I don't think he should have done so.
If you know some Danish you may be able to understand what we are saying.
Yes I know it's silly but I just want to get it out since it sounds so strange.
Just listen here
http://mda.nu/Olympus.mp3
Have fun!

2017-11-02 16:58:58

Don't understand Danish, but think I heard the word shit in there somewhere heheh. Good ad for this Dictaphone though because I just bought one on ebay. I've been thinking of getting a portable recorder/player for a while. Sounds like good audio quality, and accessible too.

2017-11-02 17:10:29

The dm series is pretty good, I've got a 620 myself and it's great, I just don't recommend putting them under water though smile

2017-11-02 17:32:50

Rofl, it is amazing it still kept recording even when it was wet. That's something most recorders can't do, and it was probably luck more than anything.

2017-11-05 00:57:03

I found this very fascinating.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2017-11-17 15:36:15

I finally got a used dm-670, but I can't get it to sound as good as your recording. The stereo separation is nothing like yours. It's a stereo recording, but no matter where people are, left or right, it all pretty much sounds centered. I thought it was recording in mono for ages, til I tried rubbing the left and right mics separately and found it was stereo. I was also planning to use it as an mp3 audio book player, but it plays files out of sequence for some reason.
Thing is though, I got lucky and so far it looks like I got this item for free. It was listed as new, but when I got it, the box had clearly been opened before, the disc was missing, the batteries were installed and completely dead, and all the plastic bags looked crumpled, so there's no way it was new. I asked for a return, and the seller just refunded me the money but didn't send me a return label. I now have the recorder and the money back in my bank account. It's been a week and they still haven't sent a label or asked me to return the device. I'd probably be pretty disappointed if I'd paid the £65, as it doesn't really do what I wanted it to, but it's okay for free hehehe.