2017-11-15 05:02:51 (edited by Omar Alvarado 2017-11-15 05:05:34)

Hey guys,
So I picked up a dell inspiron after my lenovo kinda died, and I am loving it so far. I don't even mind windows 10 honestly, and I am one that doesn't accept changing things very often.
The only issue? It comes bundled with this waves audio enhancement that makes your audio sound really weird.
This also applies to screen readers, and makes them really hard to understand.
It uses a realtek sound card for it's built in sound.
What I've tried:
disable all enhancements is not available anywhere in the windows sound settings.
Disabling the services that control the enhancement
turning off enhancements individually, which does not include waves audio. Why would it?
Randomly clicking around in the app
Deleting all references I can access, while in safe mode.
The only real way I've found to disable it is to uninstall the realtek drivers and delete the software that goes with it from device manager.
I can then use a really old driver I got from hp that does give me generic realtek drivers. Or I can just use a generic driver provided by microsoft, by not installing any drivers after rebooting.
The problem with doing this is, when I plug in my headset, which has a microphone built in, the system does not change the microphone to the microphone on the headset, and uses the built in one in the laptop.
So what I would like, is a way to use my headset without ending up with waves back on my system.
I know I can purchase an external sound card and bypass all of this fuss, though honestly I've done this for years. I don't really see a need to, I already have one for editing audio and gaming.