2017-11-14 19:30:49

I hope the guide will be released soon.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2017-11-14 20:26:05

He had said that he was going to work on it yesterday or the day before, but not sure whether that occurred.  Between him and Seb2314 I hope we'll see something soon.

2017-11-14 23:23:18 (edited by seb 2017-11-14 23:24:04)

The main reason why I haven't worked on a guide is because there was basically no interest at all from people on the forum back then. Pretty surprising since if you really are patient you can pretty much accomplish a lot with this game such as drive to wherever you want, spawn any car you want with the trainer, no need for sighted help. The trainer is not accessible with screen readers, but I contacted the dev before he released it and he added sounds for the menus and also an option so the menus do not wrap, so it's pretty easy to remember the layout. I just don't have the time or patience to contribute for a guide anymore, but I'll add whatever I can to Bradp's guide with his permission of course, and I'll answer whatever questions you guys might have.

2017-11-14 23:50:08

You probably can't do the main story though right? That would be a big plus for me.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-11-14 23:54:21

Some missions are doable with the autodrive, some of them can't unfortunately be completed though.

2017-11-15 00:17:13

Okay, so how to get the Autodrive to work? I did do it like it says in the readme, but if I press J while in a vehicle nothing happens. Do I have to download some extra stuff to get it to work?

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2017-11-15 00:38:16 (edited by seb 2017-11-15 00:39:03)

There's a pdf guide for the autodrive included in the zip folder explaining everything. It's pretty straight forward, it tells you what to install prior to using the mod.

2017-11-15 01:02:14

There's also a VConfig.xml file in the VAutodrive folder. Do I have to put it into the Scripts folder as well?

2017-11-15 01:16:52 (edited by seb 2017-11-15 01:23:44)

Here's what the guide says:
A: The configuration file for VAutodrive will automatically be created in Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA V\ModSettings and its name is VAutodriveConfig.xml
So you know what to do. If you're interested in playing this game with mods, and by the way there are a few of them that are pretty cool, you're going to need to read those guides and instructions that comes with them. Best way to start. I decided that I'm going to try and find the time to post about the waypoints system and how it works, which would allow players to drive to wherever they want, such as their house, bars, airport, etc. But before that you're going to have to make the autodrive working.

2017-11-15 02:10:58

I've read the guide, but I saw no ModSettings folder in my Documents folder under Rockstar Games\GTAV. I created it and pasted the VAutodriveconfig.xml file into it. But still nothing happens.

2017-11-15 03:05:36

If there are missions that can be completed, how do we know which ones can be done, and how do we choose them?  Also, does someone know the menu choices to start the game once the mods/trainers are installed?  And I assume we'll need another separate mod to be able to shoot up shit, right?

2017-11-15 04:06:18 (edited by seb 2017-11-15 04:26:54)

@The coll gamer I wish I could help, but I have no idea what could be the cause of the problem you're facing. If you install all of the prerequisites mentioned in the guide everything should be working as expected. You did not even need to copy the xml file, maybe try and delete that folder you created, the autodrive should create one once it's launched. Try and get into a car and then press j. You're supposed to automatically start driving.

@JLove if you use a controller, you should be able to autoaim using l2 / lt. Make sure that autoaim is enabled in the settings, you will need sighted help to know if it is. The trainer menus can be memorized, but most options can be configured in the ini file that comes with the trainre. As for the missions being playable, I'm not sure about all of them. I only tested the first 2 or 3 and they were fine using the teleport to waypoint / autodrive, but keep in mind that this is far from perfect and if your goal is to complete story mode I'm afraid that it's going to be impossible.

2017-11-15 04:40:16

@seb,
I was referring to when you launch the game...how do we know where to go to start the game?  How do we know where to go to find cars and such?  That is what I meant.

2017-11-15 04:54:36

The game automatically starts once it's launched. You can easily spawn car by editing the ini file and applying hotkeys.

2017-11-15 17:03:16

To get into the game, unless they changed it since I've not played in a while, but its right arrow seven times and then enter. The autodrive mod isn't really all that hard to understand, if you read the instructions, and its not working, you probably didn't read or follow it thoroughly. This isn't like sound mods or something you can just drop in a folder, you need to read and follow the instructions for all mods you get. Also, if you just start with J with autodrive, I think you just go in random directions and stuff. If you actually want to go somewhere, you have to mark a destination on the map. I don't really know the keyboard controls since when I played, I was predominantly using a controller, but escape then enter should take you into the map, you hit enter to interact with the map, and if you don't, the arrows will take you to the other screens in the pause menu, you then get to pan around the map with the mouse or joystick, but the arrows and D-pad work to select destinations from a menu. The way it works is this, and I don't remember the position of the categories on each level so I can't help with that, but up and down goes through categories, this will be things like properties, restaurants, games like golf etc.. Left and right go through the options under that category, and automatically position your crosshair over the item you chose. so each time you hit right or left, the entire map moves as well as  the crosshair to center the location, you still have to mark it, and to mark it with a controller, you press A, I can't remember how to do it with the keyboard, maybe space? Anyway, escape until you're back to the game after that and autodrive should pick up on that. I'd do it before you hit J, then its done and you don't have to wonder if its gonna go where you want.

If you're playing, unless you have some vision to tell what's going on, you probably want to play in FPV mode which turns your view from third to first person, You cycle the view by hitting V on a keyboard, or back/select on a controller. I think there are four options, 3 views, progressively more zoomed out, then FPV. You'll know when you hit FPV because the audio will change and you'll be able to hear things to your left and right rather than sort of ambiance around you. This should also carry over to when you get in a car, but if it doesn't, do the same thing. In a car, the telltail way to know is if you hear the engine sounds sort of muffled and whatnot, or sharply, Muffled of course means you're inside the car in FPV mode.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-11-15 17:54:18

Do I have to hit escape and then right arrow 7 times and then enter after the saved game is loaded?

2017-11-15 18:19:05

I will use a controller, as I suspect it will provide the best experience.  For the map...I assume that we just have to memorize that, correct?  If that is the case, does anyone have a listing of the map, where things are, written down somewhere that can be posted?  Also, I've noticed that some people here have more than the autodrive mod installed.  Are there other mods that help us, that work well for us in terms of adding functionality?

2017-11-15 19:06:28 (edited by seb 2017-11-15 19:08:11)

Post 315 describes basically everything you can do with this game. As far as playing with a keyboard, I certainly don't recommend it since autoaim is only available using a controller. I don't use the version on Steam, but on my part to start the game I just press enter on the exe file and the game loads without me doing anything else. As for other mods,
https://www.gta5-mods.com/
will provide you everything you need.

2017-11-15 23:07:09

So I can interact with the map, but is there a way to know what I am choosing?

2017-11-15 23:24:37 (edited by seb 2017-11-15 23:25:29)

I created a list a while ago with all of those Points of interest. I don't have access to it anymore, but it's somewhere on the forum for sure. The list is setup in alphabetical order. Also, make sure you are using a save file where the game is completed at 100% if you want the list to be accurate.

2017-11-16 03:21:01

Is any of this possible for any of the other GTA games? I have vice city on my mac but i'm not sure what to do besides type bigbang to blow up cars and nutterstools to get some guns and crap, then type leavemealone to decrease my wanted level. Is it even possible to install mods for games bought from the mac appstore?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-16 03:36:45

How do I get a save file?

2017-11-16 04:30:19 (edited by seb 2017-11-16 04:32:23)

No, nothing like that is possible with other GTA games mostly because they have no FPV mode. You can find save files here, the same one you can find mods on
https://www.gta5-mods.com/

2017-11-16 07:27:29

Ok.  I want to make sure I have everything before I start attempting to install things.  I have the following mods:
VAutodrive, version 7.0.3
Teleportals, version 8.0.3 (build 25192)
PC Trainer Official, Version 1.2
Simple trainer, version 6.0
Is there anything else I will need from there?  Obviously, I know I'll need script hook files and such, but I am referring to mods.  Do I have everything I need, or are there other ones I should grab?

2017-11-16 16:06:19

For me at least, I don't use PC Trainer Official, Version 1.2 and Teleportals, version 8.0.3 (build 25192) simply because simple trainer offers the same. As for other mods it's a matter of preference.