26 (edited by The Dwarfer 2017-11-01 21:30:56)

@20 no, I'm referring to the dude in post 16 who said that he has no evidence, just go look around the forum and gather it yourself. Furthermore I don't recall denying any problems you are claiming exist - in fact I don't even recall stating an opinion on anything other than what that post said.

Follow me on twitter: @savage_genius16

Thumbs up

I have to agree with post 20.
Sam has proven enough on the spot. For example, look at topics that he and his pals, I meen admins and all other defenders of his, and you will find the topics right on the spot. Now when I think, Sam got more attention by those flamewarring topics then by any of his online titles. tongue

Aleksandar
My search criteria on audiogames will never be the age of the developer, what ever someone else may say.
If you wish to contact me, please do it by email or any other way in my profile.
And, give me a thumbs up, that keep me motivated to do stuf, even if I cant do any stuf.

Thumbs up

I am only going to make one observation.  @Michael, post 14
Shall I remind you (as well as the other poster that claims that they will not play a game developed by a minor), that the Bokurano Daibouken series was initially begun by a 12 or 13-year-old child?  Yet that child managed to develop games that I still maintain are overwhelmingly the best of that genre, if not best outright, that this community has ever seen .  If I see that a new game has been developed by Yukio, I immediately download it, without question.  The point is, age does not matter to me in the least.  Moreover, a child of 13 or 14 is over halfway to what this country considers adulthood, and they most certainly can distinguish right from wrong, and should have a sense of honesty and integrity; they should also know when they are over their head ,and ask for help and advice accordingly.

Thumbs up

Well put @post 28!

regards,
assault_freak

Thumbs up

post 28 fully agree on this.

Aleksandar
My search criteria on audiogames will never be the age of the developer, what ever someone else may say.
If you wish to contact me, please do it by email or any other way in my profile.
And, give me a thumbs up, that keep me motivated to do stuf, even if I cant do any stuf.

Thumbs up

The BK  series were  some of my favourite games,   So I fully agree on this.

Thumbs up

Got agree too. I had fun playing BK for hours and hours. Hell, my computer crashed during one gameplay session... guess my computer thought I had played too much. But hey, I just went and played it again after it rebooted. Haha.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.

Thumbs up

lol same! BK3 is da bomb! but yeah. instead of people complaining about redspot, Just stop playing it, and that is that. People were not playing redspot as bmuch before the update, sometimes i'd get online and it would say that i was the only one online. So couldn't it be that he just comes out with updates to make people think things are fixed and so that people would come back and get atached to redspot again? First fiew days after the update the max players that were oonline were about 42, and its going down again. When redspot goes back down to a player base at around 8 to 16 and lower, bet he will come out with an update. I don't even go on there to play any more, i just go on hen no one is online on my hosted games or sbyw, and walk around, and log out. Redspot is really not what it once was

R.I.P Melinda Cook.

Thumbs up

34 (edited by braille0109 2017-11-10 14:15:38)

so it seems as if the uga is getting replaced by the team, RAE. the community of redspot is still fucked, and will always - forever be. look at STW. then go over to redspot, and see where you're welcomed. to those of you who know me, will know what I mean. those who don't, well, too bad. that nubie flag is good, but only if it works properly, which right now it doesn't. imagine if you're item grabbing next to me, and I'm a nubie? yes, you guessed it right. I can get out the gun, and boom boom. and you can do no shit, because you didn't know how far I was from you, since I couldn't be found. to begin with, the update was cool, but in the last few weeks, forget it. a game like redspot doesn't have language channels. well, hello? why should I hear 756758 languages, if I only speak 2? and then people tell each other to fuck off, only to do the same a minute later. I'd now like the game, you can do some cool shit, but till that community is around, unfortunately, I can't.

some things can never be forgotten, some things can never be forgiven, some damage can never be undone.

Thumbs up

@ernie, I don't think redspot was ever what it was supposed to be...

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.

Thumbs up

36 (edited by BigGun 2017-11-10 23:22:50)

why is the community of redspot fucked. Because redspot is fucked. Why is redspot fucked. Because Sam Tupy, as a developer is fucked. Why Is Sam Tupy fucked. I fiel that I cant answer that question. why cant I answer the question. Beets me. lol. Really. It's sad how allot of good potential games like the killer got destroyed cause of stupid developer's choisses and such, then redspot becomes on the top list again. I fiel like redspot is now 3d ultrapower with out a account system and no safehouse. Really. Look at the old ultrapower topics and you will see what I mean. I want to create something but, as so often give up because of time, server, And when I post something in the new releases room...
"This is a clone!", "That sound is from there and there!", "that and that weapon has the same name!", I simply don't want to diel with any of that. Shure I can use twitter or such, Someone will post that here, and boom! Same as ubbuv. needless to say, Sam has simply become a monopoly when it comes to fps games, and I think that making new games is needless because, as always, there will always be his pals who know every inch of redspot and are reddy to use that to put the cloned flag by that game and it's developer are never hird of again and the developer of that game changes his personality just because someone decided to destroy there reputation. then everyone gets that we want everything to be as pure as water, then everyone no longer makes games. That's why we get so excited when something new comes out witch isn't greeted with this is a clone type reply.
and btw agree with post 34, only thing is the team is called rea not rae

Aleksandar

Thumbs up

Its also clear that the update was extremely rushed. Many features were added sure, but they are either incomplete or buggy. The newbie flag is an example of this. Maybe its not buggy and just doesn't work propperly, but either way its clear that sam hasn't put much thought into it and just rushed to put it in so he could get the update out. One of the developer people/sam's minions even admited that many variables were random and completely wrong letting the game continue to be unbalanced.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

Thumbs up +1

And that, gentlebeings, is why you never, ever rush an update; why you never, ever set release dates, unless you know, 5000 percent, that you will be able to release the game by that point in time; and why you always put thought into a game and a game update, no matter how minimalist the game or game update is. That's practically rule number 3 on the game planning drawing board.

Thumbs up

@Post36 What do you mean. Are you saying that the admins might possibly be going to topics about multiplayer games and saying those games are clones of Redspot on purpose just to get people to stop playing said games and play Redspot instead so they can get the most players at the disadvantage of others? That actually sounds pretty believable to me.

You can follow me on twitter @brogar2000, and my Skype is garrett.brown2014. If you want to follow me on any of these things, please tell me you're from the forum, or else I won't follow you back. Also, it depends on who you are.

Thumbs up

Idk if it's that far guys. I know that it's a pain in the butt to get him to listen to and implement perfectly logical suggestions - I am on the beta team. But to say that he and his admins go bash other games to get people to play RS... nah. That's not what happens. If anything they seem to have the attitude that those who don't like the game for what it is should just leave and stop complaining.

Follow me on twitter: @savage_genius16

Thumbs up

What I find ironic is the fact that most of those who do complain about the game still play the game anyway. It's kinda funny that you bitch about a game but keep playing it. You must like the game more than you say if you still play it despite all the complaining you do. If you really want to show your dislike for the game, don't play it. That will tell the admins then that there's something seriously wrong, and it'll get Sam's attention... hopefully at least, when his admins start telling him that they're the only ones on. Maybe not. Just a thought.

Thumbs up

The other thing is that he expects us to figure out where all the maps are, just by exploring. There are no hints, other than the store hint and there are no in-game maps. Imagine a map that has 2,000 tiles on the x axis and 2,000 on the y axis. If you square 2,000, you get 4,000,000 permutations. That's walking 2,000 coordinates on the y axis each time you move one coordinate on the x axis and that's just the beginning, never mind all the z axis coordinates. It's a total joke.

I attack with the savagery of a thousand piranhas.

Thumbs up

well if you all hate it so much, do as ethin said, and stop playing. I have already, why not do the same if you hate it so much?

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

Thumbs up

44 (edited by Ethin 2017-11-11 08:13:02)

@RTR_Assassin, and if you cube 2000, you get 8000000000 permutations. So by not even providing hints, he's basically giving us a total of (possibly more than) 8000000000 possibilities. That's a hell of a lot of possibilities. It is a literal and logical impossibility for the human mind to ever generate that many possibilities and to go through them one by one, and while it might be possible for a computer to generate that, it is still literally and logically impossible for the human mind to evaluate all of them. Some more possible evaluative possibilities are a 1/2/3x1/2/3x1/2/3 map, but that's way too restrictive and very much impractical. A 30x30x30 map alone has 27000 possibilities, then on to the far more practical 100x100x100 with 1000000; 500x500x500 with 125000000, and 1000x1000x1000 with 1000000000, all the way up to the very massive, impossible-to-fully-design 10000x10000x10000 with 1000000000000000. We both could go on and on about the impracticality and impossibility of generating various amounts of possibilities, but the lesson that is learned is that the larger the map is in any directional coordinate, whether it be x, y, or z, the more possibilities you create, and the more compulsive giving hints, tips and tricks becomes.

Thumbs up

what is your problem with the map? Its perfectly reasonable, and there is nothing that hasn't already been explored. There's the bear and foresty parts, the mountain, battle city, and the sky islands and that 's it. Plus a few bases here and there.

Through the wilderness I prowl, woof woof,
My pray I chace, growl growl,
And when I catch it, nom nom,
I am the great Kurtwolf Cubscout!

Thumbs up

@39
look at the first and later pages of the killer topic and you will see what I mean. Pluss, you can find that in other places where it's about the killer.

Aleksandar

Thumbs up

I’ve already quit red spot   For the same reasons you guys described

Thumbs up

I don't think the redspot admins have been bashing games to get more players because I have no proof of that, I'm just saying if that is the case it wouldn't surprise me.

You can follow me on twitter @brogar2000, and my Skype is garrett.brown2014. If you want to follow me on any of these things, please tell me you're from the forum, or else I won't follow you back. Also, it depends on who you are.

Thumbs up

Well Sam is known for his childish admins,  so it wouldn’t surprise me either.

Thumbs up

agreed

R.I.P Melinda Cook.

Thumbs up