I tried to add this to file explorer in windows 10 but I could not get it to work. I used filezilla and it worked but it would be nice to have it on win 10 explorer.

Thumbs up

unfortunately that server is swarming with viruses now, I got infected just by downloading a supposed nvda addon, all my files got deleted but luckily I was able to restore everything. I see no point in keeping up a server full of viruses and making it public, my opinion is that it'd be better if it was taken down.

feel free to add me to your Skype. it is valentin.velecico.9
nothing is impossible.

Thumbs up

Agreed. Hosting a public ftp server is just asking for trouble. And it is still your server, so you are responsable for what's uploaded there, at least from a legal standpoint.

Roel
golfing in the kitchen

Thumbs up

When downloading from a server that anyone can upload to, the best policy would be to assume that any file that could contain executable content of any kind is infected. At the very least, you should scan the files with a tool such as VirusTotal.com. I thought that by now, people would know better than to run files downloaded from public servers, but apparently not.

Thumbs up

exactly, jason. I'll bring the server back up in a bit btw guys, it was being slightly harsh on my net.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

Thumbs up

There, so great! FTP is back! But, there is a problem: It's slow. All audio files I download are jumping like corrupted, and I'm sure it's not my net, cause all FTP's I have are running faster. Can you fix it, Sam? Thank you,

Storm Productions here! http://storm-productions.tk/

Thumbs up +1

Hello Storm.
It is grate.
The ftp now works.
Thanks for information.
smile

I am your friend, your spam bot reporter, I am what ever do you wan a be to you, but if it is not good, I will not be!
And please, give me a tumbsup, it makes me happy to see one.
Thanks.
Angel Productions, the producer of nothing :)

Thumbs up +1

Added some things I've collected over the years. Enjoy!

Thumbs up

Hi.
Well looks like the server is back up.
And what do I find? a lot of audio which I am getting, thats what I go for.

Thumbs up

Yeah, I got lots of audio, but they are all corrupted, broken.

Colton's Audio are really not understandable at all when playing.
That's it. I think they weren't correctly uploaded.

Storm Productions here! http://storm-productions.tk/

Thumbs up

Is this still active?

I had never connected before and thought I might try, so downloaded FileZilla and entered home.samtupy.com in the port field and ftpup in the username field, but it said that it could not connect.

Thumbs up

um, i think not

Thumbs up

just noticed this topic, and was thinking of giving it a go. went on the FTP without an issue, typed in ftpup as the user name, no password, clicked log on, but no joy. I was using IE11 to carry all this out, so I, too, would be interested,

some things can never be forgotten, some things can never be forgiven, some damage can never be undone.

Thumbs up

same problem, won't connect

no disbair with life, and no life with disbair.

Thumbs up

same problem, not connecting

Thumbs up

maby he put a password on it?

Thumbs up

I think he took it down already, maybe.

Thumbs up

Ah dang. I wanted to give that a try!

TGC

"Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it."
Kevyn Aucoin

Thumbs up

I would have connected to the server if it had been up, but unfortunately it isn't.

You can follow me on Twitter or you can add me on skype: live:florianionascu.

Thumbs up

45 (edited by Green Gables Fan 2017-11-15 04:40:56)

What did you use to set up the FTP server on Windows? I currently have IIS version 6, but that seems to be outdated, and the one I tried to install on my VPS Pure FTPD was a total failure.
Using WinSCP, I tried to connect, but it said connection to home.samtupy.com access was denied, and then it prompted me for a password. If I only knew how to use GNU password decryption I could probably find a way in, but if that were the case, why would he have created a public FTP server and then suddenly put a password without telling everyone else about it?

Ulysses
AKA Green_Gables_fan and HeavenlyHarmony
My new, self-hosted version of WordPress!

Thumbs up

I would have used Filezilla if the server had been up, but I've read the previews posts and I've seen that it doesn't work. I also don't know if Sam Tupy has put a password or not. Probably he turned it off.

You can follow me on Twitter or you can add me on skype: live:florianionascu.

Thumbs up

He has now a password.

I am your friend, your spam bot reporter, I am what ever do you wan a be to you, but if it is not good, I will not be!
Thanks.

Thumbs up

As far as I know any type of decryption would do you no good even if you knew how to use it, since I assume you don't get to see the encrypted password. It just asks for a password, encrypts your response in the same way the real password is encrypted, compares the two, and if they're the same it lets you in.

Thumbs up

and is the password public knowledge?

some things can never be forgotten, some things can never be forgiven, some damage can never be undone.

Thumbs up

No, it is not and there were some interesting things.

Thanks.

Thumbs up