2017-11-05 04:26:53

yukio I have to ask... lol are mines supposed to do nearly as much damage as they do? while writing the guide today I was experimenting with them, I'd actually forgotten about this, but in 10-4 2 mines took out both security jets, one of them did like 300000 damage.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-11-05 12:04:37 (edited by pulseman45 2017-11-05 22:21:57)

I wonder too, it seems there were some updates regarding mines. When Liam did a Let's Play a while ago the mines couldn't damage the security jet, and then I watched the more recent PG13 streams and I believe the jets were no more after getting hit by a mine, though  I'd have to watch it again to be sure.

2017-11-05 18:07:30

But are they supposed to be able to oneshot bosses? lol That would be my question, seems to be a little too easy.

2017-11-07 09:48:12 (edited by nyanchan 2017-11-07 09:49:27)

I just remembered Peter oneshot one of the bosses with a single mine on PG13. I don't know why it happened, but seems like it's a bug. I don't think I've changed codes related to explosives though... it's certainly happening. I'll look at it if I had energy left after university.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-11-11 15:08:33

all i can say is, this is the best game ever

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2017-11-11 15:40:45

I'm experimenting with mines, but it wouldn't show me 300000 damage. I guess it doesn't want to be fixed? Or have I already fixed that? lol

2017-11-11 15:52:24

Hi,
I'd like o say thank you very much so far for the translation project and all that you've done. I have noticed a few things don't seem to be translated though, the big one being one of the scenes at the begining of stage 13 before it goes to level select. It plays the electon, fast-paced theme, but speaks Japanese. Scene seems to involve Angela.

2017-11-11 16:39:38

I admit to still being curious how the hyper buster blade is supposed to block. The description says it has a higher chance to block, but as far as I can tell, the chance for it to block seems to be the same as zero. It doesn't seem to have a block mode like the other buster blades do. Also, other than kicking crystals around for whatever reason, what do the kicker shoes actually do? Is there some sort of playthrough that shows them in action? I know I've asked this before, but these two things just really stump me.

2017-11-11 18:07:14

@2184 The funny part is the text for it is actually already there, lol if you look at the briefing file, anyway.
@2185 Ever tried kicking a crystal at a target?
Also for anyone who may be interested. The first version of my guide is complete, it's not quite the complete guide that I intended but the framework is there.
Constructive feedback is welcome, as this is my very first attempt at doing one of these.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mbuid08957dei … e.txt?dl=0

2017-11-12 04:28:37

This is one of the best text walkthrough of an audiogame. Keep up your great work! Once completed, I would like to include it on the first post or even in the game archive with the heavy-spoiler part excluded or separated.
I've been repeatedly reported about the Hyper buster blade thing and always forget to check it. This time I took a memo so that I won't forget because I can't currently look at the code.

2017-11-13 04:01:58

Wow, really? I was not expecting that... if you want to use it though I think the main non-spoiler part is pretty much done, unless people can think of something that I missed.

2017-11-13 22:22:53 (edited by pulseman45 2017-11-13 22:23:32)

Yes that walkthrough is pretty impressive! I didn't know for the secret in 5-3, because you apparently need more paper dolls then on 6-2.
There are a couple things on which I can help, but wish I could do recordings to prove it.
From what I remember, the Life Burner drops the chaos flare on powerful wolf mode and higher, and the Master Battery drops the warp launcher on hell mode and higher.
Of course I can't really prove it, so if someone can confirm it or something it would be good.
Well, I guess I could actually prove it but I don't feel like replaying on Hyper Wolf, Powerful Wolf and Hell just for that, as I just finished Extreme yesterday.
Also, the Miracle Edge does have a reflect mode, as I used it several times.

2017-11-14 00:55:41 (edited by Shadowcat 2017-11-14 01:20:33)

Wait, it does? Last time I tried it it wasn't working... so maybe that was a bug that got patched.
Thanks for the info on the modes, I'll have to check it out on my main save which has already been completed on all modes, could've actually done it during the writing process, but was too lazy at the time. tongue
Edit: Yup you were right on the modes, I also tested for the gravity killer while I was at it. Thanks!

2017-11-14 03:18:01 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2017-11-14 04:27:51)

hi, this tutorial is really nice nd worth keeping. the secrets are just too awesome to pass up! too intriguing, and more so is the fact that gamers were even able to find them at all. Wow. And say, what is the death from above in 7-3?

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2017-11-14 06:39:59

Oh whoops... forgot to fill that in. I'll go do that now, thanks for the reminder.

2017-11-14 14:49:27

Glad I could help. I'm also impressed you were able to verify it so quickly. I mean, it's true that you can complete a mode in maybe less than 5 hours or so, but still.

2017-11-14 18:12:59

Once you complete the game on the highest mode, you can choose to change difficulties without resetting. So it wasn't what you thought, tongue I'm not that good.

2017-11-14 22:01:43 (edited by pulseman45 2017-11-14 22:05:38)

OK.
On another note, I have 267 hours of playing time and I can't seem to find the compagnon card, I always get the magical edge instead. I wonder what I'm missing.
Also I read somewhere here that you get it after 300 hours of playing time, but then I don't know why you would be wrong, at least I don't think you are.

2017-11-14 22:15:57

Well, you don't appear to have 300 hours yet. lol

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-11-14 22:53:05

See the problem with that one is there's no way to verify, lol I ran completely off memory for that number, because this new save I'm using for all the walkthrough work doesn't have that yet. But thanks, I'll change it to 300 for now and see what happens.

2017-11-14 23:56:33 (edited by pulseman45 2017-11-14 23:57:59)

Yes, I will check what happens when I eventually reach 300 hours, I just thought I may have beenn missing something and that it could have been 250 hours after all.

2017-11-16 01:11:22

Hi,
I have seemingly found a bug.
On stage 11, if you play 11-1 with carla helping you, and you beat the entire stage like this, the next time you go to stage 11 and select no, it works and it's just you, however if you go to stage 11-2, it seems to completel ignore your decision and carla comes back to help you, even though you answered no in the previous stage. Is this intentional?

2017-11-16 04:40:30

The choice is only available for 11-1, not after that.

2017-11-16 06:02:03

Actually, the selection should be available after beating the game. The true bug is the fact the yes/no screen is shown. lol

2017-11-16 07:01:07

Ah! lol