2017-11-11 08:13:30 (edited by firefly82 2017-11-11 08:48:47)

Hi to all!
I resently found this mud. It is dead, but it is looking funny so far.
It is pure PVP. You have to build up your base with a lot of funny stuff like garages where you can build mechs or other vehicles. Or you can build Airfields to build aircraft. Even spacecenter to research starfighters and other stuff.
Then you have to crush your enemys.
Did anyone here tryed this?
Maybe someone here is interested to try for having a little destruction fun?

Simply go to:
assault.demortes.com
Port 6660

Little update:
The mud is open source. So anyone may change or download or upgrade it.

2017-11-11 09:54:12

yes, I tried it, but I left because there were absolutely no players online. Now if there was a similar mud with actual players, or better yet an audio game with the same features, count me in.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2017-11-12 05:18:48

An audiogame based on assault would be just awesome.. I tried to play there for a while but it didn't work: Not only was the game laking in playerS
But I really wish it would be pocible for players to recruit troops to protect their base.

2023-08-09 22:19:46

sorry for the topic necro. anyone know if there is a fork of this mud that is still online? Just want to have some silly fun with my friends. tried the  address that op gave me, but think it's down now.

2023-08-09 22:57:11

nah. think it's been down for years and years. One mud I wish would come back is project bob.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2023-08-10 04:21:15

holy! this topic was made in 2017? wow that's old.

if you buy a king sized bed, you're left with more bed room, but less bedroom!

2023-08-10 16:14:51 (edited by JasonBlaze 2023-08-10 16:16:48)

It is, lol. No one logged in back then. apology for the necromancy once again.

Project Bob is something that I haven't gotten a chance to play yet. Hey, we managed to bring PR and wayfar back, though. Maybe there's a chance for this mud and Project Bob to be up again too. Can we somehow reach out for the owner of these too? I think assault is open source though, someone else with enough knowledge could run their own fork.

2023-08-10 16:27:49

I didn't think procedural realms ever actually went away , just got rereleased and rewritten, and a hell of a lot better.

Project bob I never really got into at the time, since it wasn't exactly the most newbie friendly game what with so many skill and class lists, and  the random descriptions didn't grab my attention back then, but would love to give it  another go with all I heard; well accept for some of the drama that apparently went on.

~As to this one, I do remember looking over the website and liking the look of the thing, as building, warfare and exploration sound great, but was put off by the pvp side of things, being much more a pve fellow myself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2023-08-10 16:44:21 (edited by Shehryar 2023-08-10 16:45:10)

if this game got back up again, without being cloned by people, I'd love to play this. do note people, that I meant no offence to any of you. was simplly saying that since its opensource

2023-08-11 19:09:06

I didn't know this was still up.

Who am I? Simply me!

2023-08-11 20:52:11

@9 That's an unwarranted jab. So anything open source is automatically not good? And, if someone were to bring this MUD up who isn't the owner, but who has access to the code because the code is open source, they're a cloner and what they've done is bad? Wow.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2023-08-21 22:08:03 (edited by Valmorian 2023-08-21 22:10:07)

this game sounds a lot like wayfar I assume there differint? wayfar is still up for anyone who doesn't know. I've considered findign the last ag forum post about it and bumping it, but I haven't done that. Project bob as of a few years ago used to go  up and down but I haven't tried it in a loooong time. it seems the guy who hosst it just randomly puts it back up and let's the autimated game run it's self. I saw a few players on there but never more than two or three and it was super rare. That game is hella great though it's the only autimated mud I've really seen so far that I enjoyed and I wish it would come back. As for the talk of clones, that doesn't much apply to muds. It can only in the sense of an entire data base or some custom one that got leaked. But lots of muds are based off the same sources or are parts of muds that got released. I have not tried the new pr, I didn't know it was differint or anything. It was really fun when I played it but it got old fast.

2023-08-21 22:31:07

Wayfar is dead player base wise, so there's really no point. I thought about ban evading anyway because I got banned for a ridiculous reason and tried to appeal to the new admin but got no response.

End racism
End division
Become united

2023-08-22 03:12:55

so, wayfar got new admin? I wonder if things are still being slowly updated there? cool concept.
I would imagine assault is kind of like wayfar but a bit more fast paced.

2023-08-22 04:14:28

@11: not that. but if 12 year old kids get their hands on the source and turn this into some tk mud kinda thing, that's what I was talking about.

2023-08-22 04:41:01

From what I understand about Wayfar, upgrades are being done on an offline copy of the game because of their complexity and people can just play with what's available right now. It's been that way for months, so no idea what's actually being done.

2023-08-22 07:30:50

so we might have to wait for the upgraded version  applyed to the online one?

2023-08-22 14:06:42

@15 That's... quite a stretch.

End racism
End division
Become united

2023-08-23 20:41:57

1040 on *changelog-public (#9364)              // Sun Apr  3 00:14:00 2022 UTC
  Offline development                            // From: Code002
                                                 // 1 votes

Some of the work that needs to be done like AI, planet improvements are being
    done on an offline copy of Wayfar.  These would be too hard to implement on
    the live version without major disruptions.  Please enjoy playing in the
    meantime, and further updates will be posted here!
_

2023-08-24 20:52:25

by the way, since this topic was about muds or, a mud in particular, I would love to know if anyone here has experience with making soundpacks. if so, where, or how did you learn to make those? I'm interested in making one for a mud but I have no idea how they're done. I only know there's something called triggers and nothing more

2023-08-30 00:28:26

A trigger is just a bit of text that gets received by the mud client. When defining a trigger, you define that text and you can set what the client does upon receiving this text. It could be anything from just playing a sound, to music for different areas, to ambiences for rooms. I took 1 look at how VIP Mud does triggers and went nope not even trying to understand that mess.

For me, the new coding age begins!