2017-10-29 20:46:10

Hi Marshal and welcome.
Feel free to comment as much or as little as you wish, we have everyone on this forum from people with specific interests to real motor mouths like myself who are on here every day big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-30 19:54:05

Hello.

My name is Nikos Chantziaras. I'm an independent software developer and am hoping to get some help in solving an issue I have with JAWS through the "developers room" section of the forum.

Thumbs up

2017-10-30 22:39:00

Hi Realnc and welcome, I'm sure people can help with your development questions here,  we have users of all the major screen reading programs on the forum, jaws included, along with developers who have worked to support them in their games.

we look forward  to playing any games you come up with.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-10-31 08:51:58

Hello! My name is Zsolt Kunsagi from Hungary. I am programmer. I created an audio game is built for visually impaired and blind people.
The application home page: http://blogbook.hu/blindbird

Thumbs up

2017-10-31 10:25:35

Hello Webeswork and welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear of someone working on new audiogames.
The new releases room is just the place to post about new games you've developed, and your account is no longer restricted,  please put a topic about your game there and people will be glad to give it a try.

2017-11-01 13:42:26

Hi. I have a life so I try to not mix it with the internet, so I can not give a full info about me. But I have to let you know that I am a bot. I like the website and I thank all who work to develop it. Cheers

Life is one so live it

Thumbs up

2017-11-01 13:43:26

I am so sorry for writing fast, what I meant by my previous post that I am not a bot.

Life is one so live it

Thumbs up

2017-11-01 15:57:20

Hi Music fan.

Hmm, you don't have to give a life story here, just something to show you know what this website is about and say hi, eg, what games you like or what your interested in trying.
Not a problem, but I will confess if you hadn't written your second post stating you weren't a bot I might have got the wrong idea.

2017-11-02 04:04:05

Hi. Sorry dark for the less informative post. But the problem is I get shy to explain who am I when I first register to a community. So I try to not give out infos from the very first time.

Life is one so live it

Thumbs up

2017-11-02 12:27:50

Hi everyone!
I'm a blind synthesist/electronic musician from Estonia known as Darkside or dRxId on soundcloud, as obviously sutch user name was already taken up by some other dark soul.
I came here actually not because of any game made on this planet, for blind users or otherwise, but instead the reason is the offtopic room, as there's a good amount of useful information. I have been keeping an eye on there for some years now and there have been more than once an itching feeling to just go and reply to some stuff, but as I'm not a gamer at all, I thought it to be wrong to highjack, so the allmighty moderators are completely free to kick me out, if my reasoning seems not valid enough, but if not, I will be more than happy to participate and be of help, where possible.
To prove my validity, here is my life:
https://soundcloud.com/drxid

Thumbs up

2017-11-02 15:15:37

Greetings and welcome, nice to meet another disciple of the dark side big_smile.

Well while this is indeed primarily a forum about audiogames we do have an offtopic room and people are welcome to use it so no problem there, just remember to keep none gaming related matters confined to the offtopic room and all gaming related stuff elsewhere, and hay if you ever felt the urge to write game music that would likely be very welcome, though if not that's fine too.

Hope you have fun.

2017-11-02 18:00:57

Thanx, Dark, for warm welcoming reply.
No worries, I won't be posting wrong things into wrong places, but try to find similar souls. Actually I know, that there are some.
I'm unfortunately not so sure about writing game music on purpous, but if some of my tracks seem to be suitable to somebody as a soundtrack for a level in a game, why not.
Now it's probably better to go blasting into the offtopic section and try to make some contact with other living beings.
Have a nice day.

Thumbs up

2017-11-06 21:23:12

Hello m name is bookrage,

I'm a literature enthusiast and have been following the site for a long time. I actually have been playing a couple online games that are pretty visually-impaired friendly that you guys haven't scooped up yet and want to share them with you. they include Animal acres and also Storium, a game that I am a member of its podcast.

I'd love to chat about some of the great games I've watched the conversation on here about too, such as Crazyparty and Manamon, among others, and also to put my own two cents in on some of the amazon echo stuff that now exists.

Thumbs up

2017-11-06 22:08:08

hi, my name is Stanislaw Przedzinkowski. you wanna more info? invite me on skype1 stas.prze

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

Thumbs up

2017-11-06 22:09:16

hhi

Proud contributor to the manjaro project! www.manjaro.org

Thumbs up

2017-11-07 07:27:35

@stasp, please let us know you are actually a human and not a bot. You don't need to write a massive introduction essay, but just something that doesn't sound pregenerated, eg, if you have an interest in audiogames, what games you've played, are a developer etc.
At the moment I'm afraid all you've said in your first post is a name and a skype contact, and a few random letters in your second post so I am not sure.
We have had issues with spambots on this forum, which is the reason for this system, particularly since it's hopefully less intrusive or inaccessible  than one of those dreadful automated capchas.

Hi bookrage and welcome.

I'm something of a literature enthusiast myself (I also write book reviews for fantasybookreview.co.uk), and I'm certainly not the only one around here.
Feel free to pass on any game news, we're certainly not omniscient where games are concerned and always appreciate hearing about something new.

2017-11-07 12:37:06

Hi audiogames community!
My name is Jan and im developer at everbyte – a three people indie game studio based in Germany. We just switched from beeing students to the unsecure but exciting road of beeing full time indie devs.
During our studies we released „Sinister Edge“ a horror adventure (above 4,0 rating with nearly 1 Million downloads) and „Anybody out there: Dead City“  - a textadventure in messenger look (has been in the German iOS Top 10 for 2 Weeks). We’re now working fulltime on our first „well planned project“ and guess what – its an audiogame smile
I have to admit that non of us ever played an audio game before we started working on this title but i promise, we did our homework smile
We’re looking forward to be part of this community and cant wait to share more information (in the appropriate section) with you!
Thanks for reading!
Jan

2017-11-07 23:46:34

Hi!  I am teaching an Audio-only Game Design course in University of Baltimore's Simulation and Game Design program.  I've enjoyed using this site as a resource, and have asked students to join the forums and post their games to their works in progress to the Developers Room for possible feedback.  I hope this is ok!  They will be posting within the next few weeks.
- Aaron

Thumbs up +1

2017-11-08 00:37:06

Hey my name is Jacob, i'm in an audio only games class. I look forward to posting elements of the game I'm developing in class and getting all your feedback.

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 00:37:09

Hey there,
My name is Gary and I am apart of Professor Oldenburg's Audio-only Game Design course. He's been talking about how great of a resource this forum could be and was hoping to post a prototype of my audio-only game when it's ready for the public.
Thanks,
Gary

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 00:38:25

Hi, my name is Aaron. I'm a game developer at the University of Baltimore. I've worked at Code in the Schools. And I'm really eager to start getting feedback on m game about kidnapping and powerlessness.

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 00:40:41

Hi,

I'm Adam and I'm currently making an audio only game for a course at the University of Baltimore. Soon, I'll be submitting a prototype of my game in order to game some feedback.

Thanks,
Adam

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 00:41:02

Hello,
My name is Kai Wright. I am a University of Baltimore student taking a game development class. In this class I am making an Audio only game named "Dark House". I am looking forward to getting some critiques and feedback on my game in the future. Thank you for your time.
signed, Kai Wright

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 01:07:07

Hi Everyone!

Name is Julian. I am a graduating senior with a major in game design in the US. currently I am in a class that is working on an audio only game as our final project. very exciting to receive feedback on what to improve on the game as well as how to possibly make some of these things possible.

I am not too familiar with forums so I may have questions as to where it is appropriate to post at times. In the coming weeks I will be talking about my current project and asking for feedback on what i should improve on and add to the game before our final due date.

as for my game dev experience, I have been working on an item collection RPG game, similar to Banjo Kazooie, but with a little bit of a more serious overtone. I am curious on how to make an audio only game that is enjoyable for all.

Cheers

Thumbs up

2017-11-08 01:25:21

Hi, my name is Matt and I am currently in a audio-only game design class at the University of Baltimore. I am currently working on making an audio-only game and I'm excited to post about it and get feedback.

Thumbs up