2017-11-05 18:00:10

Hi.
Thanks for your replies.
I have tried to make an even easier experiment, which shouldn't require any sighted help, but it won't work for me. I'll try to explain what I'm doing, so you hopefully can tell me what I'm doing wrong:
My goal is to have a tricker letting me know when I have 40 shots left in the standard gun. When this works, I'll then change it to let me know when the gun is empty. I'll set this at 40 at the beginning, because I start out with 50 shots. In this way, it should be easier to test if it works or not. smile
I have found the three pointers which controls the ammo. I wander why there are three of them...
Then, I created a watch, where I wrote those three addresses with a comma between the addresses.
I set the Watch ID to 1, and fill in the name and description.
I don't know if there are any other watch settings I should set.
Then I create a tricker, and fill in the name and description.
I set the tricker ID to 1 as well, and set the tricker ID to 1 in the watch so they should be linked together.
I set the max tricker range to 40, checked the tolk checkbox and wrote what the screenreader should say.
I don't know if there are any tricker settings which needs to be set.
Normally I'm good at reding documentations and watching videos with instructions, but I find all those watch and tricker settings quite overwhelming, because I can't get yet the simplest thing to work... smile I could start reading the documentation again, but practically, it don't make much sense for me, since I can't get this simple thing to work.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-11-05 21:28:59 (edited by r3dux 2017-11-05 21:34:15)

Hi SLJ,

Really happy you're trying to create a config for a game. If you let me know the game you're working on and I have it then I'd be happy to make a vid of finding the pointer chain for ammo.

Also, please say "trigger" instead of "tricker" - thanks! The main elements of any given config are watches, which WATCH values - and triggers, which TRIGGER (or 'activate' if you prefer) sounds. That is, watches look at data, triggers make a sound if the watch data matches the trigger criteria.

Cheers,
Al

P.S. It's complex to begin with, but it will be possible with time. Without meaning to be rude, I don't think you quite get the process yet, but you're getting closer. Perhaps re-read the documentation, discuss it with people, discuss it with me if needs be. It'll come together.

2017-11-05 23:31:42

probably me being stupid, but can anybody send me a drop box link or something to download the compiled version? I keep going round and round in circles on the site and just get the zip of the sorce code every time.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-11-06 00:09:18

oh sorry, was me being stupid, found it now.

2017-11-06 02:52:05

need to play with this some more but tested it wit mortal kombat complete and seems to work really well with the menus and things. I'm tempted to go buy street fighter 4 now but they have a few versions. not sure which one to get.

2017-11-06 07:06:19

The version of Street fighter that works with SoniFight is Ultra Street fighter IV.

Game Man

2017-11-06 07:35:58

lol would be. that's the more expensive one. I may give it a go though. could be fun.

2017-11-06 07:49:54

I've seen some pretty good deals on it lately. I recently bought a copy for 8 bucks.

Game Man

2017-11-06 10:02:35

r3dux wrote:

Hi SLJ,

Really happy you're trying to create a config for a game. If you let me know the game you're working on and I have it then I'd be happy to make a vid of finding the pointer chain for ammo.

Also, please say "trigger" instead of "tricker" - thanks! The main elements of any given config are watches, which WATCH values - and triggers, which TRIGGER (or 'activate' if you prefer) sounds. That is, watches look at data, triggers make a sound if the watch data matches the trigger criteria.

Cheers,
Al

P.S. It's complex to begin with, but it will be possible with time. Without meaning to be rude, I don't think you quite get the process yet, but you're getting closer. Perhaps re-read the documentation, discuss it with people, discuss it with me if needs be. It'll come together.

Thanks for your reply. I'll remember to use triggers in the future. Lol.
I'm trying to make Doom 95 more accessible. I can put a version which works in Windows 10 in Dropbox and send it later today if you aren't able to find it yourself.
Have you noticed anything wrong in what I'm doing so far? I have no idea on what I'm doing wrong... smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2017-11-07 02:54:46 (edited by SirBadger 2017-11-07 05:28:35)

ok my findings so far. I just managed to find a good deal on ultra street fighter 4 for steam and have installed that, also had mortal kombat complete so tried playing with them both.
not sure if I've set something wrong but street fighter 4 gives me next to no feed back. I get sounds to tell me I've moved in the menues and health updates but that's about it.

mortal kombat reads the menus, or a lot of them really well. some of the sub menus for configuring etc, not so much and doesn't read the chars in the selection screen.

this does look like a great start to what I think will be an apsolutely fantastic piece of software.

2017-11-07 03:35:51

@85
I am having the same problem with Street Fighter. I've tried quite a few things, but I haven't gotten anything to work. I can't even successfully find the submenu text in CheatEngine which is even stranger. Putting that aside, I even tried playing a couple rounds, and none of the triggers seem to be firing. (including the health ones, the clock ones, ETC) The MK one seems to read menus really well, but I haven't tried the InGame triggers yet.

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company. - Mark Twain

2017-11-07 05:07:42 (edited by SirBadger 2017-11-07 05:29:36)

I did wonder if it was a video setting issue but the sonifight software uses memory addresses etc to read things, not the screen.
or maybe we just needed the basic sf4 rather than the ultra adition which has a hole ton of extra things bundled in it.

2017-11-07 05:20:27

actually now I look at the config name in sonifight it says street fighter 4 arcade edition.  wonder if that's the problem.

2017-11-07 11:54:30 (edited by r3dux 2017-11-07 14:06:34)

@SirBadger - The version of SF4 SoniFight supports is the Steam version of Ultra Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition, if you go to the location of the executable (which will be your steam folder location then steamapps\common\Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition, I believe) you should be able to right-click on the the SSFIV.exe file and select Properties from the pop-up menu, then if you go to the details panel it should have the File version as 2.0.0.29372 and Product version as 2, 0, 0, 93908.

In terms of the configs sonification you should have most of the menus covered, along with clock warnings for clock values of 50, 25 and 10, and player 1 and player 2 health, super gauge and ultra guage alerts.

Do be aware that the menus use string comparisons against the English versions of the currently selected menu item's 'description' text.

@SLJ - You seem to have the process right. If you ping me a link to that version of doom along with the pointer trails you've found I'll look into it for you.

Update: After re-reading your post you say you've found 3 pointer chains to the ammo value - it's normal to find more than a single chain that points at the same memory address, so this is fine. You then say you put in all three chains into the same watch as comma separated values - this could be where you're going wrong. Just put a single pointer chain as the watch address, i.e. a series of up to six comma separated values (assuming your max depth for the pointer chain search was 5). If you wanted to check if the pointer chain was working before adding it into a config you could use the pointer chain tester app that comes with sonifight. Just give it the process name to connect to then enter in a single pointer chain and pick your data type (it's probably integer so you can leave it as it is). Then, if the chain tester updates the ammo value as it changes in-game then you're good to update the chain in your config and create triggers that provide sonification for changes in that value. If the chain doesn't work, try using either of the other two and see if that correctly locates the ammo value and so on. As mentioned, you can send me an email with the dropbox link and I'll look into it for you if you like.

@whoever-said-they-can't-find-the-strings-in-a-game's-process memory (sorry, can't find that post but I think someone mentioned it). The string data in SF4 is stored as UTF-16, which means there's 2 bytes of data per character. In Cheat Engine there's a UTF-16 checkbox which becomes available when you're doing a search for strings (it's just to the right of the value textbox where you enter the stuff to search for). Check this box then perform the search and you'll find the strings.

Not all games will use UTF-16 encoding for string data (the default is UTF-8 - so 1 byte per character), so whether they do or not will be on a per-game basis.

2017-11-07 16:46:12

Hi.
I can not run this application, after clicking on x86 or x64 executable file I have an windows error that this program has stopped working.
I have tried to install net framework 4.7, but it says that I have installed microsoft net framework 4.7 or later.
I am using windows 10 fall creators x64.
What I need to install.

2017-11-07 18:55:12

ok I have restored the problem with x86 version by installing vc 2010 x86, but I can not run x64 version of sonifight

2017-11-07 19:27:09

my app version says 2.0.0.28372. strange.

2017-11-08 02:59:41

Hi all,

Just a quick update to say I've added character and difficulty selection sonification to the MK9 config. While I've pushed this to the main repository, there is a second repository used to host configs between releases which you can find here: https://github.com/alansley/SoniFightConfigs.

The easiest way to update the MK9 config would be to just download a zip of this configs repo, extract it, then go and copy the MK9 config.xml over the top of SoniFight's existing MK9 config.xml.

I won't have a lot of time to work on configs over the next month or so as I'll be working on another project which will provide sonification for a different category of games. Assuming I can pull this off, I'll be able to fold a lot of the new code back into SoniFight so it's better able to support different game types in the future. The planned completion date for this work is the end of the year - however, this is quite an optimistic goal at present because unfortunately a member of my family is significantly ill so I'll be travelling to help care for them in December.

Obviously I'll do whatever I can to try to keep things on track, but should things slip I hope you can understand that the wellbeing of my family has to come first.

2017-11-08 03:22:46

I'm sorry to hear about your family member, and hoping for the best there. That's always going to come first. Most of us are going to understand that, and the ones that don't are pretty childish/unfeeling. Thanks for all your work!

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-11-08 03:28:45

all the best with your family problems. and I'm loving this new config for mortal kombat. works a treet.

2017-11-08 09:10:49

@r3dux
Thanks for your reply in post 89. It makes sense and I'll give it a try again to see if I can get it to work. If not, then I'll pack it all into a zip file so you can have a look at what I'm doing wrong.
I'm sorry to hear about the family member as well. Of course the family comes in the first place.

Best regards SLJ.

2017-11-10 16:33:17

Hi all,

I've updated SF to fix some issues, and added a config for Day of the Tentacle Remastered.

You can find a binary release of the software here: https://github.com/FedUni/SoniFight/releases/tag/v1.1

When playing dott, every item the mouse moves over is now spoken, and when you right-click on an item the push/pull/give/use text is spoken before the item name (Push fake barf, open fake barf etc.).

I haven't gone through the entire game with SF running, but it's looking pretty stable to me. Let me know if you have any issues.

As a heads up, please don't just snag the configs from this release and copy them over any existing SF configs - there's some code changes in this version of SF that are required for the above DoTT config to work.

You can get the SoniFight v1.1 binary directly from: https://github.com/FedUni/SoniFight/rel … t_v1.1.zip

Cheers!

2017-11-10 21:14:03

Nice, will grab this.

2017-11-12 11:32:52

Hold off trying it for a little bit, I just added the new game / bonus / options / quit etc. triggers and realised that I'd missed the "Talk to" option from the right-click menu.

Even though they've now been added, I expected the conversation options to autoplay on highlight change, but they don't, so I'll need to find a separate watch for that. Hopefully won't be too much of a problem, and will update when it's done.

2017-11-12 17:53:55

I really hope it's not just me that would love to see Hearthstone be playable with this.