2017-11-07 04:19:14

OK, so I do admittedly use the search feature not all that often, but when I do, I must wait 30 seconds in case I need to broaden the scope, or refine it, this is a bit absurd. I think maybe the motivation behind this might be to stop flooding or DDOS attacks, but that doesn't really stop anything, all that need to happen is packets flowing, so I can't honestly understand why this is in effect. I'd like to request this either be taken out, or reduced to a more tolerable threshold, like 10 seconds.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2017-11-07 07:33:58

I'm not exactly sure why your getting this, I use the search feature a great deal myself and haven't noticed any sort of restricted time limit, even when I specifically tried searching at super fast speed.

I also checked the admin settings and couldn't find anything related to search restrictions and time, so I'm not entirely sure what is going on.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-07 12:18:23

Hi! I think this is default in the forum software. Currently, a backup of the data on this forum is over 450 Mb. You can imagine that searching in this all this data might cause a heavy load on the server. My guess is that this is the reason...

2017-11-07 12:20:38

I set it to 5 seconds. Please let me know if the server becomes less responsive.

2017-11-17 04:28:33

OK, thanks.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united