2017-07-24 20:21:42

As far as I know. Anyway, the following should help. It is taken from the help file for vipmud.

You may play the full version of VipMud free for thirty days. After this period, you can play a slightly slimmed down version of VipMud for free. The slimmed down version only supports one session at a time, no MSP, no Debug Module, and a maximum play time of two hours before you will need to start-up VipMud again. As a bonus, if you play Valhalla Mud, the two hour limit is waved. We do not have any business relationship with ValHalla. We offer this service to provide you with a MUD client without the need to make a purchase. But, please consider purchasing VipMud so that we can add more great features. Go to http://www.GMAGames.com to place your order.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2017-07-25 22:11:58

Um, why Valhala specifically though? That's really random.

2017-07-26 01:08:44

I have no idea. I do not even know what that mud is all about either. My guess is that it was sort of a randem choice to give a bit more of a taste. Maybe because daivd likes or liked that mud? I do not know.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2017-08-01 23:29:28

A giant hand appears in the sky, reaching toward you.
It grabs you by the shirt collar and throws you across the mud!

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-08-02 02:29:19

Rofl. Just like something I might would be tempt to do over the OOC channel of the mud. Also, thanks for the holoring thing. Now to see if any of us can come up with any other good star wars references to through in there like some device that takes the place of the force like a magnet that pools everything to you or something. LOL.

DropBox Referral

2017-08-24 12:37:06

Sorry for the double posts. What does everyone think about the missions being harder now? Just wondering seeing that all of the vacus ships and the like have been boosted. Now days, I got to figure out how to destroy 10 mother ships in one go. my tactic of emping them while my railgun takes cares of all the ships in the sector is clearly not going to work, but I will figure that out via IC though.

DropBox Referral

2017-08-31 02:36:19

Hello folks!
I'm not sure where to start, because really, it's been far too long since I updated this thread!
The best thing for you, really, to do is log in, and find out for yourself:

But here are a few of the bigger changes:
*introduced rp areas
*added a new activity, black dwarf harvesting
*added diamonds[as part of black dwarf harvesting] that allow you to increase the damage of weapons
*added industrial plants
*added more space for uncharted
*added water for industrial plants
*added dark matter mining
*added lots of new blueprints

we also have lots of events coming up, including a host to player chat tomorrow, one in the morning, and one in the evening.
I hope to see you all there!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-09-03 04:02:40

Sunday,  3  September  2017 02:34 n8: hello folks! I bet you didn't expect to see me, but, here I am! mua ha ha ha ha! anyway, I am hear to bring you a brief summary of Saturday's host meeting, and what actions have been taken regarding certain things. First off, a number of changes have been made to our staff. first off, geoffrey has been made a builder.  Second off, for a number of reasons. Sydney flowers is no longer a host on cosmic rage. Her position has been removed, with immediate effect. On brighter notes, liliya has been made an htpl, while michael lawson has been made a newbie helper! Congratulations to them. From an rp stand point, the hosts have bugged me to finish up with the pauagiwa race, so you can expect to see those in a couple of weeks, #woot! We will also, in the next day or so, be posted a help file called roleplay rules. These are rules/guidelines for you to follow when roleplaying here. Regarding alts in different organisations, for now, the hosts are going to handle it on a case by case access. We formally request that if you have one character in one org, and want an alt in another, you should apply via support ticket, for host approval. the hosts have made a formal schedule for htpc's, and htpl meetings, which will be posted in a couple days. I will finish this announcement on some high points: 1, snapp has been reenstated as an htpl, after his medical leave, which he is much better off for. congratulations! 2. On a lot of a brighter note, Faylyn clarris has been made a wizard, and the formal second in command/vice supreme admin for cosmic rage. So congratulations to her! Finally, I would like to reiterate in my own words the will of the hosting team. We, your staff, are a team of equals. We have equal rights and are on an even footing with each other. No one, in our team, has more power, than anyone else. A builder has the same power as a supreme admin, and we have a team built of trust, and support. Due to that, your staff is one you can approach, and feel safe with, at any time. We all are deeply concerned with each and every player, and would like to thank you all for continuing to play the rage that is cosmic. We hope you will continue to, and thank you for reading. Peace

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-09-08 11:20:18

Long time since I wrote my last post here... I wouldn't like to but I have to agree that missions became harder, much much harder. I didn't have problem with motherships, but that heavy warships can now see through cloak... It's not the problem whether they can or not, it's a problem that there a lot of them in most of the missions, and to emp them all you'll need a lot of time. Missions are nice, made for teams it seems, but sometimes you just wanna get some cargo barrels or minerals, and you'll spend over an hour for compliting one mission. And what if you're not skilled enough? Not asking for changes, but slight adjustments would be nice smile

Sincerely yours... Lucy.

2017-09-08 11:50:30

try doing that 60 attack ship mission for barrels

2017-09-08 13:33:48

Hi,
I have not tried this mud yet, so I have some questions.
When I played Alter Aeon, I kind of played solo but went into groups when I could. Does this mud require a lot of rp/interaction, or will there be a chance to go through some stories solo until you get the hang of it and feel ready to jump into the world a bit?

2017-09-11 14:27:22

Hi there
Well the game itself is encouraged, we do very much like it when players  into wrapped
However, most of the activities can be done solo, though some of the higher ones such as the industrial plants will take constant upkeep
There are, technically, no group activities on the game at the moment, something which we are going to rectify in the near future
Features and adjustments are always being made, so something is not to your liking what you think it could be improved there  how to command: reports, suggest, that are monitored a lot and we can implement your new ideas very quickly
I will be happy to answer any more questions you may have, both in game and out of, I apologise if this message is a little bit out of work, but dictation is what it is

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-09-14 21:34:08

Is there a way to communicate with NPCs? I see time and again to use the "phrases" command to see what people will respond to, but I'm afraid I'm misunderstanding it.

2017-09-18 00:22:44

hi there @codi91
First, make sure they are an npc, the patrols around the place are not NPC's, and can not be spoken too, they're patrolling soldiers.
To talk to an NPC, type phrases <npc> then, type say <phrase> for example, say hello!

Also:
[announcement] from n8: hello folks! Well, I'm not sure how long it took me to do, but I did say I'd get it done in a night, and I sure did! I am proud to bring you Cosmic Rages first, *official*, group activity. Following in the Doctor who discover volcano harvestings footsteps, a young dragon called natasha crimson scale approached the senate with a proposal to study lava. They agreed as long as it were licenced. The volcano miner is rather a large vehicle, with a three-man drill on the back for accessing that precious lava. It is recommended you have 4 people for this activity, but you can do it with 3. There is no combat in this activity, but you will have to pay attention, and make sure you all are doing your jobs. There is of course, a help file, and back story, for this activity called ahelp volcano mining. Credit go to Michael, for suggesting the idea, and charley for describing the rooms. As always, feedback is appreciated. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-09-18 19:38:02

Thank you sir. Much, much appreciated.

2017-09-19 15:49:51

hello there,
is there any tutorial availble to use of mush client?

2017-09-20 01:15:54

I'm not sure if there are, I know there's a forum, though, though I'm not a mush user, so can't help you there.

Also:
[announcement] from n8: hello folks! Just for some fun, I have just added the Cosmic Rage lottery! This lottery works much like the real one in the UK, if you've ever played that. First, you will need to go to a lottery center on a home planet and buy a ticket, or 5. It's really up to you but, no hoarding! Anyway, once you have bought your ticket, keep a hold of it. Every tuesday night, 6 numbers will be picked, and you could be in for a reward! There is, of course, help ottery, for more information, and I hope you enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-09-25 14:41:03

Juste  I need a new time waster, announcement to follow this evening

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-09-28 01:33:47

I think I have a suggest for the mud that may be a challenge to do. How hard will it be to sort of have a mud within a mud? That can be an odd way of putting it. I know that there was always things that could be done on the holodeck when it comes to star trek. I am not too sure what all of those are sense I have not really followed star trek all that much. Good show, but I just have not dug into it all that much. Anyway. You could possibly come up with some kind of fantasy and or steam punk kind of game thing that could be loaded into to the ship’s holodeck. I know that the holodeck as it is now is set up to mimic an environment that the user of said holodeck designs per say. You could set it up with mobs that attack if you want to add that feature in to it, but maybe have some kind of whole world within the holodeck to explore? I am not too sure if I am explaining it all that well, but I cannot help but to think that this idea might allow you to somehow bring the PVP arena a bit more into the IC parts of the game. For example, have your holodeck somehow become a part of the PVP arena where if you wish to join the arena, your ship will have to be landed on a planet within comm range and the player would have to type in something in the holodeck. Of course, why not allow your holodeck become a starship sim or something too? I know that this would take a lot of code and a lot of work to get right, but I just thought that if you wish to explore the fantasy side of things when it comes to muds, this could be a rout. This idea came to me while reading A book called “ready player one” Some like that book, and others do not, but within that book, you had games within the main game in that book and I just thought that the holodeck could be used more within game somehow. Anyway, if you pull that off, it would be an interesting time waster.

DropBox Referral

2017-11-06 03:07:24

I should not write messages on my phone.
At any rate, there's been so much going on... Where do I start!
Thursday, 12  October  2017 22:45 n8: hello players. Are you a mudrammer and/or tellnet user? Does the help files keep scrolling off your screen, perhaps you missed an htpc or a newbie mentor meeting, or perhaps you're just nosey. Not a problem! On your message boards is a new feature called web. This web resources section allows you to generate a web link to either a help file, or a log. Logs will include, but not be limited to: newbie mentor meetings, host to player chats, anything held in rooc rooms, possibly transcripts of rp events in which important things were discussed. Logs will never include: transcripts of host meetings. Transcripts of htpl meetings. You can also generate web link to help files, too. Please note that the links you generate with these systems are case sensative, so we recommend you copy and paste them, and, further more, are only valid if your character is logged into the game. I hope this helps someone, somewhere. Enjoy!
Friday, 13  October  2017 02:24 n8: hello players. At long last, only like, 72 hours late, I am proud to bring you the new combat system! There are so many changes, I don't even know where to begin, and at this time of night, I probably can't remember half of them myself! Lets see though here are some of the highlights: 1. Larkans and mutariansi are now proficient healers, gaining bonuses when using injecters and things like that. 2. Monster verses player is now a grid based system. 3. Ryuchi and humans got some TLC. 4. Dodge is now a global skill. 5. There are now three types of armour, light, medium and heavy. light armour lets you dodge, medium might, and heavy don't, and drags you down a bit. 6. Take cover is now more clever. 7. HP, in combat, is gone. You have body parts which gain damage.  8. AOE damage from some mobs. 9. No mobs currently s stun, though this is set to change in the next day or two. 10. Armour making is now a global almost activity that includes mining and blacksmithing. 11. A lot more skills. 12. Ra, or repair-armour, still repairs armour, but dragons get a boost in it, so its 1 copper and tritanium per damage, and only 1 scale per 5 damage. 12. Big numbers are gone. I think the highest number you can expect to see is 20000, if that. These are just a few of the main highlights I can think of off of the top of my head. There are a lot, lot more things to this system and it has so much potential for improvement and/or change, it's seriously unreal. For example, the stun element to this system is still in the works, and it promises to be fan, tastic! For now though, I'm releasing the system as it is, for you to all play around with, and most likely completely, and utterly break. Remember, report is your friend, and, yeah. I really hope you enjoy!
Sunday, 15  October  2017 04:24 n8: hello folks! In order to make your Cosmic Rage experience less ragey and more Cosmic, we have designed an all new assist system! It can even be spoken about in character, how shweet is that! The new command is tech, short for technician, but, you can still type assist. This new system includes: 1, multi line comment fields. 2, back and forth conversation with the hosts, 3, easier interface, 4, more option for detail, 5 handsome hosts. wait! you already had those. enjoy"
Wednesday, 18  October  2017 21:02 n8: hey players. So, I didn't log this in changes, because well, it was announced IC, but, there are a few new merchant ships, some of them have changed their routes, and beta 5 no longer exists. Thanks!
Tuesday, 31  October  2017 17:32 Your boy Dante: Greetings Players of the Rage that is Cosmic! I, your friendly neighborhood Angel of Death am pleased to announce to you, the winner of this year's scary story writing contest! This year's top author is, Yivana Midnight Blue Designation. For her submission, Yivana has received My very own Scythe of Death, with it, Yivana holds the power of Death himself. Congratulations to her! You all can now purchase a copy of this year's volume of Twisted Tales, available in the library on Business central! Thanks to everyone who participated!
[announcement] from lucifer: players, it's your lucky day. It's 12:54 A.M in the UK, I've spent all day coding and playing, and to be perfectly honest with you. I'm nackered. Completely, 100 percent nackered. For this reason, let the event results, the disabling of ooc names, and the donator sale, are all moved till tomorrow evening. I'm sorry I have to do this, but, the fact is, I gotta be up in 7 hours, and, yeah. On the other hand, other paw, other sucker, if you prefer, I also would like you to contimplate the following statement: Stun armour, the stun addition of the combat system, and stun relating items, are fully coded and just need a help file, which will be written tomorrow and released. Moon base building, which has only to have a few minor backstage tweaks is completely done and shall be released tomorrow. Resource drones, an improvement to resource trolleys, will be released tomorrow. Spread the word, my players, because tomorrow will be big. As always, I love y'all, and yeah, I want to ssay  enjoy? but there's nothing to enjoy yet. Hmm. pineapples!

There's currently a 25% sale, but only until Monday night!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-11-06 03:11:54

Sorry for the double post, but I realised I ,missed a couple of important things:
*poker, just like cult, there is now a poker info computer game
*help file system overhaul, the help file system is now a lot friendlier and helpful
*Sunday, 29  October  2017 21:56 n8: Category: Ship change. Host: n8. Change: added an upgrade that when installed, allows you, with the gun-report command in a weapon room, to toggle whether you see, after a ships destruction, hich weapon rooms did what damage, i.e, weapon room 1, 15 percent, weapon room 2, 35 percent, ETC ETC. With this upgrade, after you leave a mission, it will also say for each weapon room how many ships they destroyed. Enjoy
*Sunday, 15  October  2017 04:41 n8: Category: new item. Host: n8. Credits: Olivia. Change: are you a mudrammer user? are you trying to read something and it keeps scrolling? no problem! you can now lock and unlock your output buffer by typing @hold! enjoy!
*Friday, 13  October  2017 23:53 n8: Category: Ship change. Host: n8. Credits: Zyphorul. Change: in planetoid, nebula, and roid scans, the scan menu now shows two new things in the menu: 1, the distance of the object from you, and 2, a group of letters indicating the status of the object. For example, if you see: planetoid 123456(H-G) that means it has harvestable items and gas in it. Enjoy
*all scans now show distance
*new type of transportation, you can now buy cars that simulate old earth travel, i.e, acceleration, deceleration. One of our players has already started a racing theme!
*changed power up and down sequences
*Sunday,  1  October  2017 20:22 n8: Category: Ship change. Host: n8. Change: another change to power. I have removed batteries getting damaged. Or at least, when they do, they no longer stop the ship from powering up. Your ships battery now has an integrity standing. Battery repair kits repair at a rate of 10 percent per use. Each time your ship finds a fault, it is 1 percent less usable. If your ships battery gets to less than 10 percent integrity, it won't power up. Enjoy
*Thursday, 21  September  2017 00:45 n8: Category: new item. Host: n8. Credits: Marshall, Tora, and Roger. Change: change to mappers: there is now a patch that when added to your mappers, will act as an in game satnav. so you type map square. and it says, down, east, north east. you type down, and it will then pop up and say, north. you go south, and it will say, north. enjoy

and a lot, lot more

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-11-06 08:08:00

Thank you for creating this wonderful game. I play it every so often and I love it more every time. Thank you for keeping us updated. This is so fun! 
I would really love it if there was a way to make the mornings when you get hit on a ship lists from me. I can’t even read my targeting information because I keep getting the your armor has been hit thing coming up. 
Basically every time something hits my ship I get a message. I can’t even use the targeting console sometimes.
Could you please also make it so that we can reload a weapon at any time. Sometimes I only have a few shots left and I die because I am reloading. Thank you.

2017-11-06 11:30:46

hi there
Ok, there has actually been a recent change that might help you there.
*Change: enemy locks are now only announced in the primary control room of a ship
*change: added the lspam command, a command which filters a lot of combat noise, to the help files as it was undocumented

Something else I forgot to mention the database maintenances, which were being run to clean up the database, have now been disabled.

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-11-06 21:52:34

Monday,  6  November  2017 19:49 n8: do you fancy yourself a bit of a colonist? Do you think you have what it takes to run a fully fledged moon base, with allies, life and resource management, and more, single handed? Now you have your chance to do just that. I bring you our highest level activity to date, and definitely one of the more complicated ones, moon base building. It is so simple, yet, so complicated. Your job is to simply colonise a moon, build a base on it, then build up your own world, with giving people tasks, space to live, safety, and much more. But it is also so much more than that. pirate moons have been illegally set up in the furthest reaches of uncharted space. Resources are limited, citizens require TLC... Have you got what it takes? There is an entirely new help category, mHelp short for moon help, for this activity. Please read mHelp warning before you begin this activity. I recommend you start with mHelp this category, and go from there. As always, enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!

2017-11-07 02:24:58

I have nay got the announcement to hand, but more information on the last change for tonight:
Farming just got overhauled! It is now about balance and style, with animals and plants being balanced against such variables as food, space, and water.
It's a massive change from what it used to be, so yeah. Enjoy!

Nathan Smith
It's not disability
It's ability!