2017-11-06 15:45:10

Greetings and salivations to everyone on this cold and depressing winter's day, well it is cold and depressing where I am, and if it isn't cold and depressing where you are, well that makes me depressed, so depressed I shal have to eat icecream, which will make me cold! and it's all your fault, well it's all someone's fault anyway!

Either way, various updates and bits of game related newsily goodness today.
First off a blast from the past, or at least a large glowing plasma energy swordy thing from the past. A long time ago in a galaxy not really that far far away, Light battles, famous for games like Light cars and treasuremania were working on a Light saber duel game entitled light battles in which you played a Jedi Knight fighting against the sith.

Thanks to Consta of Promethius Enterprises, the game has been resurrected from the black hole of history and now is in a  very respectably completed state. Defend and attack in a fast action game with more light saber moves being added continually.
Check out this topic to find out about the game, and grab it here

For those more keen on racing cycles than facing psychos, Dousy of Audio.it, the same team who bought you space encounter, blind gladiator  the inquisitor games is proud to  a new challenge, Audio moto championship. Jump aboard  choice of motorbike and zoom around a track attempting  get across the finishing line first, leathers not included.
The full game costs 14 euroes, however for those who want to try out first you can Get your hands on the demo here and please feel free to offer any comments or feedback in Yonder topic

Now back to knights, though this time of the armoured, dragon fighting variety, plus wizards, peasants and anyone else who wants to try their hand at being a character in a medeival fantasy setting. Ruler of kings is a browser based rpg coded by a professional dungeon master with a heavy emphasis on creative writing, though also with quests and activities to do as well as detailed character creation.
anyone interested can check out the game at https://www.rulerofkings.com/ and feel free to report any thoughts or comments in This here topic

Of course with halloween not being long ago, there are still a few ghosties and ghoulies and other nasty things ending in e wandering around, including haunted houseies, ---- well okay that doesn't end in e, well it does end in E but the e isn't voiced, and they don't wander, hmmmm well either way, there is a new choiceofgames title available on all the usually suspect platforms called heart of the house. Read more in This topic

And if your interested in houses of less than savory reputation, there is an adult themed text game available by Ashaman entitled Inheritance, in which you come into possession of your Uncle's mantion, and his two slave girls. Note this is an adult erotic themed game with an open world and romantic elements, so those under age or  prone to offense should avoid, for anyone who is interested you can find links to download the game and progress reports in This topic

Finally, here are some updates to keep you busy. Audio strike the tough and complex shooter from japan has recieved several changes, including an auto updater, and everyone's favourite minigames and ccg battle fest Crazy party is now up to beta 54, with changes from a sound to indicate when a minigame unlocks multiple paths, to new battle cards and an online chat feature.

Happy gaming, unless  course your stuck somewhere cold! in which case, I hope your as dysmal as I am, or at least somewhat as dysmal, or at least have as much icecream, or anyway are as cold! big_smile.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-06 16:00:12

The topic title reminded me of the many Peanuts comic strips that started off with Snoopy sitting in front of a typewriter on his dog house typing out the line, "It was a dark and stormy night"...

That's back when I had enough vision to read the Sunday funnies in the paper, now all I have is memories.

2017-11-06 16:47:31

Sad indeed, though I'm afraid Peanuts never made it over here. There was a short lived Charley Brown cartoon (I only realized from Stephen King that this was the same thing as Peanuts), but it was never popular, probably due to it being very culturally American with lots about baseball and such.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-11-06 19:26:13

Yeah, Charlie Brown was a baseball fan who fancied himself as being some great pitcher. The rest of the kids in the neighborhood made up the rest of the team and they were always the worst team in town.

But of all the Sunday paper funnies, my all time favorite was Calvin & Hobs.

It's a pity there doesn't seem to be a service where the comic strips in the paper are described and read for the visually impaired.

Anyway, I'll quit hijacking this thread and let it go back to its original course.