2017-10-05 19:45:46 (edited by ashaman 2019-05-11 02:48:58)

Since my other project has been surprisingly well received on this site, I thought I'd take a moment to share another of my projects with all of you.  Hope that you all enjoy the game!

"After the passing of your estranged Great Uncle, you're surprised to find yourself listed as the sole heir to his estate. With all the legal unpleasantness out of the way, you're now on your way to your new home.

Not sure what to expect when you arrive, you dont know if you're going to sell the mansion or live there, but once you step inside your entire world changes when you are suddenly faced with the fact that you now own two slave girls.

What do you do with them? Do you follow in your Great Uncle's footsteps and use them for your own pleasure? Do you treat them like servants? Or do you nurture a relationship with them that just might blossom into something more, . . ."

This game has two versions, a Patreon build, and a Public build. The public build is one version behind the Patreon version.

The game has been in development behind the scenes since December of this last year while we have worked on it a little bit at a time. It is now entering a more active stage of development and we hope to start making regular releases to the game very soon.

Hope that you all enjoy the new build!

A6 CHEAT Build (Patreon CHEAT Build):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/16630186

A6 Early Access Build: (Patreon Early Access):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/16630221

A5 Public Build (Free):
https://www.patreon.com/posts/16630243

NOTE: This is just one of two projects being worked on by my team right now, a small pledge allows you access to both projects. The other project is seeing a regular release, every two to three weeks a new build comes out.

2017-10-05 21:24:46

Just to make sure, all you can do in this build is explore the mansion, without any story/game progress? Or am I missing something? Either way, the game looks quite interesting, looking forward to seeing where this goes in the future.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2017-10-05 21:37:59

LordLuceus wrote:

Just to make sure, all you can do in this build is explore the mansion, without any story/game progress? Or am I missing something? Either way, the game looks quite interesting, looking forward to seeing where this goes in the future.

That is correct.  There are a little over 150 ambient events that can play out right now depending on the time of day (A lot of it is tied to either the day/night cycle, but some are tied to more specific times like when the girls would be working, meal times, evenings before bed, etc)

We are however in the late stages of getting the NPC mechanics in place so that I can start adding the interactive content (About half of the content written for the game is interactive in nature, but has not yet been added to the game on the grounds that we're still developing the code to run that content. I actually received a bit of code from one of our two coders last night that puts us VERY close to adding interactive content.)  With the new person helping with code (I've worked with him before, he's not only incredibly talented, but he's also dependable.  big_smile ) I am actually hoping to have the game in regular development very soon.   

My goal is to be alternating releases between this and Wanton Cove inside of a month.

2017-11-03 03:31:28

Its official, this should be the first of the regular releases for this game.  Intent is to alternate builds between this and my other project: Wanton Cove from here on out.

"After the passing of your estranged Great Uncle, you learn that he has left his estate to you in his will. 

Unsure of what to do, you decide to visit the mansion you have just inherited, only to discover that not only was your Great Uncle an owner of slaves, but that two of them still remain at the mansion, . . . anticipating your arrival.

You meet Anna (21), an emotionally damaged woman who is haunted by the horrors she has experienced.  As well as her sister Eve (18) who embodies the wonder of a child and who has  been largely sheltered from the harsher realities of her situation.

It is up to you how you proceed, do you use them as you please, following in your Great Uncle's footstep?  Or do you nurture them, giving them a brighter life than they have ever known, . . . and perhaps fall in love along the way?"

There are three versions available for this game. 

Public Build:  The public build is always one build behind the Patreon version of the game.  I encourage anyone interested in playing to try out this free version of the game before pledging for either of the Early Access versions of the game.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15188291

Early Access:  This build is one build ahead of the public release of the game.  This build includes additional content and improvements.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15188290

Cheat Build:  This build comes out at the same time as Early Access and includes the same content as the Early Access build.  The difference is that this build includes a Cheat Menu in the Settings area that allows you to adjust both of the girls' stats at will.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15188288

2017-11-03 22:48:13

Fix is up.  This should resolve the lack of Settings button in the sidebar (Only important for people with the Cheat build of the game as that is where the Cheat Menu can be found) and fixed an issue where people were having trouble summoning the girls to the Ball Room.

A1a Cheat Build:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15201134

A1a Patreon Build:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15201135

No changes were made to the public version of the game, so you can follow the original link for that.

Enjoy!

2017-11-04 10:20:50

Hi, the game sounds really interesting. Does it work on the Mac? I don't have Windows at the moment, so hope I could play the game on the Mac.

2017-11-05 04:54:04

One last fix before work starts on the next build of the game.

This build only has a few small changes from your perspective, but actually quite a bit has been changed in the background.

Changes include:
-Update to Cheat Menu. Additional skills have been added, though those skills do not affect anything yet. (Cheat Build only)
-Cheat Menu may look largely the same, but its been completely rebuilt in the background. Should be in its final form now with the exception of any additional items actually added to the Cheat Menu. (Cheat Build only)
-Did some pretty significant work to the Sidebar. Should have cleaned it up a bit from your perspective, but in addition to that it should make things just a little easier on our end as well by having a more intuitive layout.
-I had a single person report that the summoning bug was persisting. Not sure if this was a fluke, if they were using an old save, or what the deal was. Regardless, the issue has been addressed in detail by one of our coders and should be both fixed, and the code improved, related to this.

This should be the last fix before the next major build of the game. The plan is to go into this next week working on Inheritance. Going to drop a minimum of three interactive scenes into the game and try to add the sleep mechanic. Once the sleep mechanic is in the game, we'll have a template in place for almost every other mechanic that's going to appear in the game in the near future. big_smile

A1b CHEAT:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15219750

A1b:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/15219751

2017-11-05 04:57:17

Socheat wrote:

Hi, the game sounds really interesting. Does it work on the Mac? I don't have Windows at the moment, so hope I could play the game on the Mac.

Honestly, I have no idea.  I don't have a Mac to test it on.

That said, the game runs in html, so if you can run html files, I would think that playing the game would be possible.

2017-11-05 11:34:47

I like the game so far, but it needs to be proofread.

It isn't bad, just some mispelled words here and their.

I don't know if it's only in the public version, cause that's the one I'm playing.

If you were to actually charge for this, it wouldn't look very professional.

I can't wait to see how far you can go with this.

I've only read the occasional choose your own adventure book back when I was in school, but those usually had multiple endings.

Can games like this have the copasity to be open world?

I would love it if the blind comunity had open world games, but I think the closest we'll get to open world are muds.

2017-11-05 22:22:53

kool_turk wrote:

I like the game so far, but it needs to be proofread.

It isn't bad, just some mispelled words here and their.

I don't know if it's only in the public version, cause that's the one I'm playing.

If you were to actually charge for this, it wouldn't look very professional.

I can't wait to see how far you can go with this.

I've only read the occasional choose your own adventure book back when I was in school, but those usually had multiple endings.

Can games like this have the copasity to be open world?

I would love it if the blind comunity had open world games, but I think the closest we'll get to open world are muds.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the game so far.

Yeah, I love to write, but spelling has never been my strong suit.  The spelling is in a constant state of improvement, I fix things as they are reported.

As far as appearance, this is a very early alpha of the game.  We hope  to make lots of improvements to the game as it continues to be worked on, including the current placeholder art being replaced as final versions are presented (Got two artists working on the project.  Between them, we hope to have a pretty good amount of new art coming into the game steadily.)

Take a look at how the mansion is set up, how you can travel from room to room at will, with small random events triggering as you move about (Got larger events in a few places in the next build and will continue to add additional scenes regularly.), if that's what you mean by "Open world" then yes, this game is intended to be that kind of setting.  For the time being, its just the mansion, once that gets fleshed out a bit, we'll move on to add the grounds outside the mansion, once that's fleshed out a bit, we'll start adding the nearby town, etc.  The intent is to create something of a sandbox setting that you can explore as you see fit.  Relationships will evolve based on how you treat people and the experiences you share together, and even your home will be able to change if you choose to remodel rooms, breed animals (Dogs and Horses are planned) or a host of other things.

Hope you continue to enjoy the game as it grows.  This is just the beginning, barely enough to consider it playable, with a TON of other content already written that we're working hard to code into the game right now, and lots more planned for the future.

2017-11-06 07:13:51

That's great to know.

I'm looking forward to playing what sounds like what could possibly be the closest thing to an open world game that isn't a mud.

Muds aren't really my thing, too many commands to remember, with this you just pick from a menu, much easier.

I am curious, is this all in HTML? because when you make a choice it doesn't load a new page, more like the content gets added to the current page.

I'm just hoping I don't lose my saved game when there are updates.

Keep up the good work, browser games were never my thing, but I am definitely liking this so far.

2017-11-06 07:54:11

kool_turk wrote:

That's great to know.

I'm looking forward to playing what sounds like what could possibly be the closest thing to an open world game that isn't a mud.

Muds aren't really my thing, too many commands to remember, with this you just pick from a menu, much easier.

I am curious, is this all in HTML? because when you make a choice it doesn't load a new page, more like the content gets added to the current page.

I'm just hoping I don't lose my saved game when there are updates.

Keep up the good work, browser games were never my thing, but I am definitely liking this so far.

Yeah, I always prefer to have my commands presented  to me rather than having to write a bunch of stuff down as well.  Always takes the steam out of my sales when I need a notebook just to keep track of all my basic commands. 

Yes, its all in HTML (Though I barely understand how code works, even though I can make it work as often as not.)  I'm actually incredibly lucky in that I have the guy who actually wrote the format of the program we're using to make the game helping code the game.  He's incredible at what he does, and he's pulled tricks with the code that I can't even begin to understand. 

I haven't personally tested it, but its my impression that so long as you save the new game file into the old folder, you should be able to keep your current progress.  If that's not the case, then I'll talk with those helping to code the game to see what solutions they can offer.

Glad to know that this is a browser based game that stands above the others for you!  I've been pleasantly surprised by the warm reception that the game has received so far.

2017-11-06 10:15:12

Ah ok, I thought you were using something like choicescript from choice of games.

They have a hole heap of these text games, but I've never really bought any of them.

I'm not sure if their language has a limit to what you can do with it, plus I think you have to pay for their engine, but I'm not entirely sure on that one.

I don't really like the idea of playing a game, clocking it and then that's it.

For those who don't know what clocking is, it basicly means once you finish a game, it has no real replay value.

I'm not sure if something like this can be open world, cause eventually you'll need to add more interaction, especially if you're talking about building a town and whatnot.

But all this is probably way off in the future.

I do hope I can have a proper look at the basement though.

From what I played of it so far, I didn't really get much of a look.

I think at the moment you can only explore the mansion, but not interact with anything.

For example, the letter you get at the beginning says the uncle kept some sort of journal in the studdy, I'd like to read that eventually.

It would explain some things.

I'm hoping for more background stories from the girls, why they are the way they are, ETC.

2017-11-06 16:32:27

kool_turk wrote:

Ah ok, I thought you were using something like choicescript from choice of games.

They have a hole heap of these text games, but I've never really bought any of them.

I'm not sure if their language has a limit to what you can do with it, plus I think you have to pay for their engine, but I'm not entirely sure on that one.

I don't really like the idea of playing a game, clocking it and then that's it.

For those who don't know what clocking is, it basicly means once you finish a game, it has no real replay value.

I'm not sure if something like this can be open world, cause eventually you'll need to add more interaction, especially if you're talking about building a town and whatnot.

But all this is probably way off in the future.

I do hope I can have a proper look at the basement though.

From what I played of it so far, I didn't really get much of a look.

I think at the moment you can only explore the mansion, but not interact with anything.

For example, the letter you get at the beginning says the uncle kept some sort of journal in the studdy, I'd like to read that eventually.

It would explain some things.

I'm hoping for more background stories from the girls, why they are the way they are, ETC.

The program we're using is basically a modified javascript as far as the code that goes into it.

Guess we'll have to see how things come together.  My goal is to create a range of play styles for the game, as well as create enough content to make it feel fresh for a long time as you interact with the people and environment in the game. 

The basement is a little sparse at the moment, but there are two rooms down there that have been written, coded, and added to the game, we've simply not added what is needed to unlock them yet.  That will come as their related content gets added to the game so there's actually something to do in those rooms.

This is correct, the free version allows you to explore past the intro, but there isn't really any interactive content.  The A1 release includes four interactive scenes though, and the build being worked on right now includes more interactive scenes and will hopefully include the sleep mechanic.  Once the sleep mechanic is finalized, the code will be adapted to hopefully add most of the other functions to the game (Content has been written for most of the game's functions already, we just need the code to make it all work.)  At present, the A1 version includes less than half of the content that's actually been written for the game and my intent is to include at least one major mechanic (Sleep/Showers/Meals/Sex/Pregnancy/etc) to the game with each new build until all of that content can be added.  And while we work to add that content (Its faster to add the content than add the code so it can be added) I'll be continuing to write more content for the game as well.

The Journal will be in the dresser in the master bedroom.  It will eventually give some details about the Great Uncle's life as well as tell the player the code to get into the laboratory in the basement and explain how to get into the other room in the basement as well.  I've yet to write the content for that, but its fairly high on my priority list.  I also intend to write journals related to each of the girls he owned over the years.  I've actually written the journal entry that explains how the Great Uncle came to own Anna and Eve, we just need to finalize the item system (Will be a simple task when the time comes, just got a couple of things that are more important to get into the game first) before it can be added to the game, the scene itself is already coded.  Journals will be kind of a collectible/side project where the player will need to find them before they can read them.  If people enjoy the journals, I see no reason not to continue writing them throughout production of the game.  If people aren't real big on them, I'll do the one for Anna and Eve, one for the Uncle, and maybe a couple of others.  I'll also be adding additional entries to existing journals over time, kind of a chapter at a time kind of thing.

My intention is to create a rich lore within the game through a series of journals and other things both for the sake of exploring the history of the girls and others the Great Uncle owned, and to create a contrast between their past and present.

2017-11-06 18:13:22

Will the free verssion be updated eventually?

2017-11-06 19:53:06

caio wrote:

Will the free verssion be updated eventually?

Yes, every time a new version becomes available to patrons, the old version will be released to the public.  I hope to have the next build ready late next week (My target window is the 16th-17th of this month), at which point in time the current patron version will become the new free version.

This allows everyone access to the game eventually which has always been important to me. (I've always hated when someone develops a game, then stops releasing to the public half way through production to try drumming up a few extra bucks.  To me, its awesome what people are willing to help me out so I can work on this full time, but knowing people are enjoying the game is FAR more important to me than a dollar here or there.) While letting people who want to pledge have a say in how I distribute work load, see WIP art, or other little perks.

2017-11-06 22:56:43

Awesome! I've downloaded the game and I must confess I'm impressed.
The project has a lot of potential. I'll sertainly support it as soon as pocible. I've always been a fan of make-your-choices stories.

2017-11-06 23:16:54

caio wrote:

Awesome! I've downloaded the game and I must confess I'm impressed.
The project has a lot of potential. I'll sertainly support it as soon as pocible. I've always been a fan of make-your-choices stories.

Glad you enjoyed what is there so far!

There's been a lot of work gone into the game so far, and its just now starting to really come together.  Got to say that its very rewarding to see the project starting to take shape, and the incredibly warm welcome it has received almost everyone its been posted.

Don't feel rushed to support me.  I know all too well what its like to have little to nothing to spare in the budget.  There's a free version for people just like you, and when your fortunes change, your support will be very welcome.  big_smile

2017-11-09 03:35:00 (edited by chrisfaelnar 2017-11-09 03:42:02)

This is impressive. This is the first time that I played this kind of game. Like you'll be the one to make the flow of the story. I have a question. When I click summon Anna, it says something like this.
This will allow you to move Anna to your current location, viewing her stats, choosing her wardrobe, etc. How will I see her? How will I interact with her

2017-11-09 03:41:12

The game is in HTML format? I may download it and give it a try.

2017-11-09 03:46:23

Socheat wrote:

The game is in HTML format? I may download it and give it a try.

Yes it is.  I hope that you enjoy it!

2017-11-09 09:28:04

So, I have decided to give this game a try. But however, I got a Javascript Error when trying to load the prealfa build. Am I missing something?

2017-11-14 09:55:22

Hi. @ashaman, I have a question. When I click summon Anna, it says something like this.
This will allow you to move Anna to your current location, viewing her stats, choosing her wardrobe, etc. How will I see her? How will I interact with her? And when I go to master's bed room, I have noticed that she's stayed there and I find an option, talk to anna but when I click it, no dialogs appear. How does the summon works? I hope you can give me some detail

2017-11-14 14:36:25

The game sounds interesting. Accept it doesn't work on my Mac

2017-11-14 15:58:55

chrisfaelnar wrote:

Hi. @ashaman, I have a question. When I click summon Anna, it says something like this.
This will allow you to move Anna to your current location, viewing her stats, choosing her wardrobe, etc. How will I see her? How will I interact with her? And when I go to master's bed room, I have noticed that she's stayed there and I find an option, talk to anna but when I click it, no dialogs appear. How does the summon works? I hope you can give me some detail

The game is in a fairly early state right now, but all of these features are just now starting to come together right now.

At the moment, you can summon her to various rooms which makes it so that scenes related to her will trigger in those rooms.  In the future, you will be able to ask her to follow you around, she will move around the mansion on her own cleaning, and a host of other things.

I should have a new build up some time late this week.  The new build will include a couple of new interactive scenes.  You will be able to eavesdrop on the girls in the servants area, you will be able to assign Anna's sleeping arangements, sleep in your own bed, and the first set of punishments will be in place (All of that is in the final stage of testing before release right now.)

The next build after that will include sex in the bed, and meal times.  I'm also starting the ground work for conversations and some other stuff.  The next few builds will be largely focused on getting many of the planned functions into the game.

Socheat wrote:

The game sounds interesting. Accept it doesn't work on my Mac

Sorry to hear that.  Any chance you can give me a bit more information about the javascript error?  I'll see if any of the people helping code the game can shed some light on the problem.