2017-11-05 11:33:45

hello,
as you know, IYP is not developed anymore and it is not going to become open source
fsxPilot is limited and cant press switches, tune the radios, taxy to runway without recording the taxy once, etc
MCE cant land the aircraft
i want to develop a copilot (i want your suggestions, and of course if you can help me with the programming, i am glad)
of course for interfacing with fsx, i use fsuipc like IYP did
for speech recognition, i useCMU Sphinx (pocketsphinx)
if i can, i will interface it to xpuipc which is for x-plane
now, if you can help me with that, as i've said, i am glad (if you know C++, it is cool)

2017-11-05 11:51:04

hi again,
here are the things that i'm using:
1. wxWidgets for gui
2. fLite for tts (the sound of the copilot, flight attendance, ground crew, etc)
3. cmusphinx for speech recognition
4. fast csv parser for parsing csv files (for taxyways etc)
5. pugiXML for parsing xml files
6. fsuipc and simconnect for interracting with flight simulator

2017-11-05 19:27:52

well this sounds brilliant. I really can't tell you how great this is.
I pretty much know nothing about coding, but if you need any help with checklists or information I would be happy to help. I fly pretty much most of the time and try to learn as much as possible. This program would be a great help and if you need to know anything about aircraft then let me know.
by the way, about the x plane thing, I was told it's not accessible at all. A co-pilot would be great for x plane as well but whether they would make the actual sim accessible is another thing. Fsx and P3D are of course accessible though.

2017-11-05 20:57:21

hello,
i didnt tried x-plane so i thaught that the aircraft selection and these stuff are accessible
another problem that i have is processing numbers with pocketsphinx, for example, in order to set the airspeed, if the player say set speed two five zero or set speed two fifty it should return set speed 250 for integers which i dont know how to process numbers and convert it into int
the other thing is, i want to implement visual approach which i want your suggestions for ILS approach maybe i can use HSI and GSI and CDI for it
and, what do you recommend for vor/dme approach

2017-11-05 22:05:31

Hi.
not sure about the number problem, could it work so that if the user wants to set a speed themselves instead of having the co-pilot manage it for them they enter it into a box, like fsxpilot does where you put in the speed and then it tries to get to that speed.
For ils it would just be a case of the co-pilot getting the frequency and then descending to the correct altitude to capture the glideslope, then it could just follow it down.
Visual approaches are more difficult, I think it would need coordinates of where the runway is and certain points at distances away from the runway so it could set speeds, flaps and calculate descent rates.
As for VOR and DME, don't know what to suggest, I don't think even IYP did those or at least I never flew one. The most important thing first off is ils and visual as they are the main types of approaches.
How easy is it to get the co-pilot application to interact with the aircraft, for example when the user says to turn something off the co-pilot has to know how to do that in that specific aircraft.

2017-11-05 22:20:45

hi
i've wrote the turning on and off the autopilot, autothrottle, lights and such things
for ils i think i can follow the GSI and for locolizer i can follow HSI and CDI
if i can parse numbers i can make other things easier
if someone knows programming and willing to help, you can ritch me via pm or my skype at amir.ramezani1370

2017-11-06 00:00:05

You could take some of the checklist from IYP, or at least use some of the structures, they have them on videos.
Hopefully if like you say you can get the numbers thing sorted then it will be able to fly all kinds of aircraft.
That's the main thing I miss about IYP, the realism and the fact that it would always land ok, by that I mean it would touchdown on the runway well whereas fsxp sometimes messes up the landing and is awful in areas with high terrain

2017-11-06 04:34:06

Hi.
Well infact, FSX pilot can tune the radio to the used ATC frequences, you have to enter those in the main panel, this only works if you have the pro version of the program.
Regarding the other points, well, we will see how it will be going with MCE and landing support, it's  not top priority, why should, so we just have to wait and see what will happen.
Greetings Moritz.
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-11-06 17:20:18

hello,
dont know what to say,
but as you know this is not the top priority and neither of us know when it can land the aircraft
for fsxpilot that cant press the switches like battery or avionics (although i've recommend them to the dev)

2017-11-10 11:30:29

hi again,
guys, whats your idea to use something like wit.ai to process language? i have to tell you that in order to use the software, you must be online at all the time

2017-11-10 20:46:54

well I don't mind being online, I am usually anyway when flying and whatever works

2017-11-10 22:05:38

If I remember correctly, IYP could do VOR or DME.

2017-11-11 15:56:50

possibly, I never did one of those approaches in my time flying with it, but maybe it could, it will probably be in the documentation which I still have

2017-11-11 18:10:57

Hi,

While I have no coding knowledge whatsoever, I would be more than happy to help in any way I can. I am a massive aviation nerd, and would be more than happy to help.

I can also help with creating a website for the project if needed.

Really looking forward to this new program. It's going to be a great one.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27