2017-11-05 03:24:56

Does anyone know all of the unlockables for Entombed? I know there's adventurer, fortunate teller, and a few others... Can someone tell me how to get them all? I know this is a spoiler, so please email me off list if you think that'd be more appropriate. My email address is [email protected]
Thanksfor any help!

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-11-05 03:52:10 (edited by defender 2017-11-05 04:11:38)

You still have goblins, ratkin, and the druid job, as well as the game's only known cheat.

Spoilers

Druid is ranger plus healer, and they are awesome.
The goblin card can be obtained by just fighting goblins allot, usually in the goblin stronghold, and it lets you use them, though they suck so I don't know why you'd want to.
Same goes for ratkin, they also suck, though not quite as bad, you can use them by buying the plague card in the bizarre.
For the cheat, you hit the graav or sometimes apostrophe key, then type the code bottoms up, all caps, no spaces.
You'll get another member to your group, an AI driven one, who is a little buggy and also quite stupid, but can be helpful.
I suggest doing the cheat right away, otherwise it won't level with your main char.
Also, it can use any weapon it finds on the ground, and will often pick them up in battles when an enemy drops one, if it doesn't have stuff in both hands, and same goes for armor (again, any type)
However, when out of battle, it can only wear stuff that brawlers can, so if you remove a good weapon it can't use, you can't give it back unless you drop it on the ground in a fight.
Also, some secondary jobs are just a bad idea, like paladin, necromancer or druid, or really anything with magic do to the amount of MP it has.
Fighter is useful, barbarian or assassin too, even though they will waste plenty of ability points, but it's worth it for me.
Oh, and, you can also aim at specific body parts when using melee, bow, and some magic attacks.
You hold down a number before pressing enter on the enemies name in the fight dialog, 1 through 8.
Sadly I don't remember for sure any of them accept head, which is 8, but that's the most important one because it's the most damaging, and kills zombies quickly.

2017-11-05 03:54:21

Thanks man! What's the convination for getting adventurer?

"I've learned that this life's not just a game, just a line, between the pleasures and the pain." - Aaron Lewis

2017-11-05 04:05:31 (edited by defender 2017-11-05 04:07:02)

You read my first post while I was adding to it, so make sure to read it again.

Spoilers

Adventurer is thief and wanderer.
Sadly though decent whips are quite hard to find, but the bizarre has some.

2017-11-05 19:46:02

@Post 2 Playing the game and beating it with a goblin is a good way to get points. There's other methods of getting a high score as well.

• Play without allocating any skill points.

• Don't choose a secondary job.

• Kill every enemy on all the floors.

• Explore each floor in it's entirety.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2017-11-06 00:29:48 (edited by defender 2017-11-06 01:37:04)

yeah... accept that the online scoreboard has been down for over a year and a half, so why would you torture your self needlessly?
Trying different combinations of jobs, especially adventurer for chests, and getting as far as I could without saving at all, it was floor 16, were pretty fun.
I often just like to see what cool items I can find, and how powerful of a group I can make.
I've beat the game like 5 times, but my favorite was an Ogre Fighter Barbarian with a bunch of magical eq that made him actually useful, with 2 massive axes.
Not only did he drive through entire enemy groups, beheading armored foes and throwing limbs everywhere, but he actually killed the final boss before it was able to transform, via strikes to the head, which is the only time I've been able to do that.
He had help of course, but still, the guy had 1179HP when he died, and was armored in almost exclusively steel and iron.
He also cut off the drake's head...
Yeah, it was awesome! lol
Oh also, his name was coragated steel board.

2017-11-06 04:21:22 (edited by Dan Gero 2017-11-06 04:22:39)

The online score board is not down, you just can't access it in the latest stable version. I forgot where to get the latest beta, but you can find the score board on the web at http://www.blind-games.com/entombed_scores.aspx

TWITCH

2017-11-06 07:12:34 (edited by defender 2017-11-06 07:17:53)

Oh, I didn't know that, interesting, it still posts?

2017-11-06 07:16:14

Yep. In fact, the latest entry was from last week, it was my Nome fighter at position 11.

TWITCH

2017-11-06 07:18:28

Oh nice, kicked the princess in the face, lol.
also, how do you get that (Bravely accepted the consequences of every action!) thing anyway?

2017-11-06 13:36:10

Hey guys,

I did some looking around, and found this version of Entombed. I think this is the one where scoreboards are unabled, but I'm not sure. I'm going to try it now:
http://www.blind-games.com/newentombed/ … dSetup.exe

2017-11-06 13:52:32

Nevermind, that version doesn't work. I have the version we are all looking for on my desktop at home, but I'm in the hospital battling cancer, and I dont' know when I'll be out. I will post the new version when I get out though, sorry it might be awhile.
Another thing, I just tried to send Jason an Email,and ask for the latest version, let's see if he responds.

2017-11-09 01:54:21

Hi,

I got the solution! Install the version of Entombed that I posted in my post above which can be found here:
http://www.blind-games.com/newentombed/ … dSetup.exe
Then, install this file, the instructions are in the file, make sure you read them, because it matters if you're running a 32 bit or 64 bit version of windows. Hope this works, you should be running the latest version of Entombed now:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w5h0gemw4f2z3 … U.zip?dl=0

2017-11-09 02:56:30

Wow you actually found out how to use new entombed? people have been wondering about that for a while!

2017-11-09 03:33:05

I think Chris Have posted the link to download the Entombed latest version on his Youtube channel as well. You can find it on his every playthrughs of Entombed.

2017-11-09 04:07:38

@Post10 Bravely excepted the consequences of every action is an achievement you get for playing the game in hard mode, which you can access by pressing shift enter on the start game option. Basically you can't save your game, if you try it just saves and returns you to the menu. Once you reload, the save is deleted.

TWITCH

2017-11-09 22:13:37 (edited by defender 2017-11-09 22:20:44)

Ah okay, thanks.
I found the aiming numbers on the archive of the entombed mailing list.

Hold down before presseng enter on an enemy character in the fight list
Works for melee and ranged combat, as well as some target based spells, such as ice blast and heal
The higher coordination you have, and the better your weapon's accuracy is, the easier it will be to actually hit what your aiming at.
Especially useful on zombies, attack the head and they go down much faster.

8 head
4 left arm and left hand
5 torso
6 right arm and right hand
3 right leg and right foot
1 left leg and left foot
It makes more sense when you think of the number pad on a full sized keyboard, 1 2 and 3 at the bottom, 7 8 and 9 at the top.

Also their is the army cheat, which works because the companions are stored in the entombedWorld.dat file, and not the entombedSave.sav file.

Step 1: start a new game, get to level two, rescue the first companion and save the game, but keep the game open.
Step 2: go to your documents folder, find the folder that's called saved games, enter it, then go through the entombed saves (just called Entombed if your running a test version) and all players sub folders and cut out the file called entombedSave.sav and paste it somewhere outside the all players sub folder.
Step 3: go back to the open entombed window, return to the title screen, and start a new game, doesn't have to be the same name, gender, race etc, saving as soon as it begins.
Step 4: Keeping the game open, copy! don't cut! the old .sav file that you removed earlier back into the all players folder, replacing the new one.
Step 5: Return to the game window and choose reload game from the options menu, you should be back on floor two, with your previous companion, but this time, you can rescue another one as if it never happened.
Step 6: As soon as you rescue the next companion, save the game, then go back and cut the new entombedSave.sav out of the all players folder, and paste it outside of it again, replacing your previous one.
Step 7: Now you can go back to the game, reload it, get another companion, save, cut out the new save file, replacing the old one, reload the game, and repeat, each time gaining a new companion, until you are happy with what you have.

Note: If you choose evil jobs on the character you make in step 3, necromancer, assassin, etc, then you will get companions with evil jobs, and vice versa.

2017-11-10 03:22:43

theirs a new Entombed being made?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-11-12 03:22:59 (edited by defender 2017-11-12 03:26:28)

Entombed 2 is a separate game with different systems, which as far as I know has no playable version, but development seems to have stopped a year ago at least and no one has really heard anything about it since then so far as I know.

The current standard version of Entombed 1 is 1.02J, but their is also a beta version which fixes some bugs with lockpicking and polymorphing, as well as allowing you to see the score board from within the game again, called 1.05B, and that's the one we're talking about.
It's a few years old and Entombed 1 is finished, so that's the last stable version, or at least I haven't found any problems with it...

2017-11-12 19:27:02

Is entoomed still paid? I for some reason thought it was abandand. I may buy an account if that is still required, reading all these posts makes me want to play it so bad.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-11-12 19:57:21

Yes, you can still buy it.

2017-12-07 15:34:15

Hey everyone. the drop Box link isn't working. smile

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2017-12-07 16:12:03

Hello,
staindaddict.
I would like to say I hope you will recover from your cancer.
I hate that you are going through that.

2017-12-07 19:45:54

Here's a new link for the runtime that lets you play 1.05B.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xesu8rux26qux … me.7z?dl=1
Read the instructions first!

Also, I have actually found one thing that 1.05B lacks compared to 1.02K.
The bard's instrument sounds don't play, when using skills. The skills still work though...

2017-12-07 21:30:43

To get the instruments sounds to play, you have to level the instruments skill, which is only available if Bard is your primary job.

TWITCH