2017-10-27 01:13:12

Yeah, most definitely. Yesterday was very crazy. smile I haven't done a lot with parties and online play, but my gamertag is wholenote1.

And, for anyone who is interested or was wondering, part 7 of the audio guide will come out sometime this weekend.

Jeremy

2017-11-04 18:06:48

Hi.
So, quick update on my middle waight fighters career, I am standing at a professional record of 7 wins, no losses. I previously had a grewling fight against a greko roman wrestler, the ground game was pritty intense with a lot of transitioning around, ocasional hammer fists, punching and kicking out of the bottom position, was something awesome which I was able to finish by knock out in the last 30 seconds in the 3rd round.
Thing is, I still need some help.
I start the fight standing, knocking my opponent around a bit to soften him up a bit. Thing is, he offen tags me with a huge attack knocking me to the ground. I haven't figured out yet what attacks can be used for that or how to do these.
Could you do another game demo part on how to sustain in standing combat, upgrading moves and getting new ones?
Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2017-11-06 23:41:34

Good question.
Here is the bad news. A lot of the "big" attacks appear to require the fighter to be at a certain distance away from the opponent. Currently, there is no great way to determine this (stay tuned in UFC 3 however). So, I have found that sustained standing combat is a bit of a guessing game. To be honest, most of great standing attacks came when I was fighting as an actual UFC fighter in Fight Now. I can certainly do another part talking about purchasing moves and perks.
Great record, by the way. My legend record was 34-4.

2017-11-07 22:43:16

Hi.
Oh, that's unfortunate indeed. Because well, knocking someone out with a spinning back kick after draining his or her health would have been awesome.
So when you do your fights, do you always do the wear em out in standing combat and finish them in ground and pound strategy or do you have other things to mix up combat?
Back in this topic, Carren posted the text manual with the controls, but I think there are some errors in there because for example, the manual says that posture up is the left stick, but for me and in your tutorials, it's the right stick.
A part about purchasing moves and the like would be awesome. Also, some information on the following things would be need to know for me.
How to increase punch and kick speed and power, how to increase stamina, how to train and get better results on the higher difficulty settings.
Also, just for clarification, it would be cool if you could show how to select a fighter in fight now properly. I think left and right arrows change the corner which you fight in and up and down selects the fighter, but with OCR it's a bit hard to look because it seams that it always changes both fighters or there are multiple names there and I don't know which one of these is selected now.
Well, I got owned ones already, I think I am standing at 8 or 9 to one now.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-11-07 22:44:42

Hi.
Oh, that's unfortunate indeed. Because well, knocking someone out with a spinning back kick after draining his or her health would have been awesome.
So when you do your fights, do you always do the wear em out in standing combat and finish them in ground and pound strategy or do you have other things to mix up combat?
Back in this topic, Carren posted the text manual with the controls, but I think there are some errors in there because for example, the manual says that posture up is the left stick, but for me and in your tutorials, it's the right stick.
A part about purchasing moves and the like would be awesome. Also, some information on the following things would be need to know for me.
How to increase punch and kick speed and power, how to increase stamina, how to train and get better results on the higher difficulty settings.
Also, just for clarification, it would be cool if you could show how to select a fighter in fight now properly. I think left and right arrows change the corner which you fight in and up and down selects the fighter, but with OCR it's a bit hard to look because it seams that it always changes both fighters or there are multiple names there and I don't know which one of these is selected now.
Well, I got owned ones already, I think I am standing at 8 or 9 to one now.
Greetings Moritz.

2017-11-08 04:40:05

Ahhh. Yeah, I knew I was missing a few topics! Grin Fight now was definitely going to be in the guide, along with purchasing moves.
Here's the thing about the questions you had about increasing stamina and punch speed and the like. As you train, your stamina gradually gets better. There isn't a basic stamina drill, but drills like punching bag and feet bag will increase stamina as you continue to train. Same is true with ground drills and clinch drills. Regarding punching speed and power, you will want to really work on heavy bag hands and feet. Regarding going up in training difficulty level, you could probably try medium on some of the ground and clinch drills now, since you have some fights in your pocket. Punching bag training can also be attempted at medium as well. You can always try medium and hard difficulty levels once you have some fights under your belt, which you do now.

Yeah, I need to really look over the manual that was posted. Karen very awesomely transcribed the whole thing by hand. The manual uses icons for the controls, so she had to write them all out in text. Which was totally awesome! Grin It is really easy to mix up right stick and left stick. I remember doing that a few times while recording the guide. Grin

Will try to get more parts up in the next few days. Things got really busy here over the last week or so. Grin

Jeremy

2017-11-08 04:47:00

One more thing regarding the stand-up combat. I will sometimes trade punches with a fighter, especially if things are going pretty well. Just like in a real fight, there is always a danger of doing that. I think the folks at EA wanted to provide a bit of realistic punching mechanics. In other words, knock out blows appear to be more powerful if the fighter is moving toward the punch while you are throwing it. I have fefinitely knocked my opponent out from standing combat a few times, sometimes it was in the final round and I was actually getting beaten! Grin Also, if you here the wooshing sound that a punch makes when it is dodged, you can always try to go for some punches. If you dodge a big strike, your opponent will be off his guard a bit. But the short answer is that it is rather hit and miss (pardon the pun). Grin

2017-11-21 07:18:17

Hi.
Ah, finally have made it. career fight 18, 16 wins, 2 losses, UFC middle waight champion belt!!!
Greetings Moritz.

2017-11-23 09:23:17

Ok, I need some help, quickly xD.
I am defending my title in the middlewaight class and fighting a freestyle fighter, I think his name is Tim Boge or something like that. Problem is that his ground game, take down defence is far superior to mine and I can't really do something when I am on the ground with him.
Do you have any tips on what I could do? Maybe purchasing and upgrading moves wouldn't be bad, maybe a good leveled spinning backfist would do the trick.
Greetings Moritz.